Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So if you look at the beginning in Genesis, what it says is "light was hovering over the waters" (from memory). This is a "state of affairs", not an action.

The action comes later when God says "let there be light" (from memory).

So the beginning that is there in the beginning, is not a creating (that creates one thing after another) - but a maintaining, if you will, of everything that could be more or less "created". God alone, is able to maintain the beginning state - that is why we say we are "made in the image of God" we are kept in that beginning state, by God ("before I was knit together in my mother's womb, you knew me" from memory). God is able to maintain the beginning, both as much as He likes and as much as makes a difference, in principle (along with everything else, that wants to be created).

If science wants to understand the beginning, it will have to turn to the Bible's definition of an almost perpetual beginning state (state of affairs).

Beginning with a state, means life can finish with a commitment, in a way that is not forced to be of condemnation, since in Christ we are coequal with everyone else that arises from that state.