Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
This world is full of truth, at every turn.

It's cosmically impossible for it not to be part of EVERYTHING.

It's an ingredient essential to exist, like carbon .... to place it in terms for the scientifically minded.

So what does that mean for new Christians?

First of all, you're not a new Christian, my sibling. You are what you are. Then and now, and to come in the eyes of the Lord ... who made His sacrifice in the past ONLY in relation to your current perspective.

Lose that "time illusion".

Well, if everything is true ... that makes it even harder to understand why I'm supposed to continue on in the assumption that this Book has all the answers that nothing else can give IN FULL.

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth, SO HELP ME GOD."

I know you've heard that one. And what are you supposed to be doing when you say that? Placing your hand on that Bible. Even in a court of law where the judge may be anything from Christian to Atheist to full blown Satanic, and that's the only thing they will accept as YOUR WORD that you're not going to adjust the truth in any manner.

That's what all of the people who wrote the Bible did, and said, before God. And in the name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit made this Glory possible in their Words.

Everything else just stole a little bit from this Book, and added lies. Start here. Erase everything else, and make the truth and nothing but the truth your guide. Soon, you will see the truth everywhere. And you'll see that Green is not Green.

It is wonderfully blue, and it is also lowly and cowardly yellow. All at once.

In Love with Jesus,

Instrument150

Reactions: BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This world is full of truth, at every turn.

It's cosmically impossible for it not to be part of EVERYTHING.

It's an ingredient essential to exist, like carbon .... to place it in terms for the scientifically minded.

So what does that mean for new Christians?

First of all, you're not a new Christian, my sibling. You are what you are. Then and now, and to come in the eyes of the Lord ... who made His sacrifice in the past ONLY in relation to your current perspective.

Lose that "time illusion".

Well, if everything is true ... that makes it even harder to understand why I'm supposed to continue on in the assumption that this Book has all the answers that nothing else can give IN FULL.

"I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth, SO HELP ME GOD."

I know you've heard that one. And what are you supposed to be doing when you say that? Placing your hand on that Bible. Even in a court of law where the judge may be anything from Christian to Atheist to full blown Satanic, and that's the only thing they will accept as YOUR WORD that you're not going to adjust the truth in any manner.

That's what all of the people who wrote the Bible did, and said, before God. And in the name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit made this Glory possible in their Words.

Everything else just stole a little bit from this Book, and added lies. Start here. Erase everything else, and make the truth and nothing but the truth your guide. Soon, you will see the truth everywhere. And you'll see that Green is not Green.

It is wonderfully blue, and it is also lowly and cowardly yellow. All at once.

In Love with Jesus,

Instrument150

This is just something I've thought about in the past about swearing an oath on the bible in court. I wonder if someone could refuse to swear on the bible if it against their religion. Because from what I see in Matthew 5:33-37 it says that we should not swear or make an oath to anything. What are your thoughts?

““You have also heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not break your vows; you must carry out the vows you make to the LORD.’ But I say, do not make any vows! Do not say, ‘By heaven!’ because heaven is God’s throne. And do not say, ‘By the earth!’ because the earth is his footstool. And do not say, ‘By Jerusalem!’ for Jerusalem is the city of the great King. Do not even say, ‘By my head!’ for you can’t turn one hair white or black. Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:33-37‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
This is just something I've thought about in the past about swearing an oath on the bible in court. I wonder if someone could refuse to swear on the bible if it against their religion. Because from what I see in Matthew 5:33-37 it says that we should not swear or make an oath to anything. What are your thoughts?

““You have also heard that our ancestors were told, ‘You must not break your vows; you must carry out the vows you make to the LORD.’ But I say, do not make any vows! Do not say, ‘By heaven!’ because heaven is God’s throne. And do not say, ‘By the earth!’ because the earth is his footstool. And do not say, ‘By Jerusalem!’ for Jerusalem is the city of the great King. Do not even say, ‘By my head!’ for you can’t turn one hair white or black. Just say a simple, ‘Yes, I will,’ or ‘No, I won’t.’ Anything beyond this is from the evil one.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:33-37‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I agree with everything you just said, and thank you for saying it

Upvote 0

Buur

Chaplain Wannabe
Aug 24, 2017
Central Florida
✟16,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, you can refuse. In fact, Quakers do so on religious grounds for the very passage you cited. There are also alternatives for atheists, agnostics, and non-Christians.

• Winner
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you can refuse. In fact, Quakers do so on religious grounds for the very passage you cited. There are also alternatives for atheists, agnostics, and non-Christians.

Thanks I've often wondered about that. Have a blessed day :)

Upvote 0