Question ?

Oct 3, 2016
Miami beach,Fla
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As a sinner, I accepted my friends at a bar. But when I got saved I knew I didn't belong with them. I hurt for them and they knew I had changed as I did. I now cannot be seen with them as they talk about me now being a Christian. The now talk behind my back which I did as well when I was a sinner. I feel sad for them because I use to be one of them.

I pray for them in hopes they to might consider becoming a Christian. The last time I saw them was at the bar and I saw their thoughts about me in there eyes and faces. I now wish them the best of finding God, which before I didn't. name one

Reactions: Serving Zion

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yours is a very common experience once becoming Christian. Find new friends that will support your walk with Christ and forgive your old friends. Who knows maybe some will turn to Christ after seeing your conversion.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2016
City of Brotherly Love
✟18,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Share with your friends the simple gospel and your testimony. If they reject it, then they are not your friends after all.

James 4:4
You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Share with your friends as you become built up in the faith and do that one on one, not as a group. In a group they will only confirm each other's unbelief as they gang up but individually you can work with each more effectively and intimately.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Share with your friends the simple gospel and your testimony. If they reject it, then they are not your friends after all.
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? (Matthew 5:47, NIV)

Having unbelieving friends is not the same as being a friend of the world.

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2016
City of Brotherly Love
✟18,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? (Matthew 5:47, NIV)

Having unbelieving friends is not the same as being a friend of the world.
The bible doesn't say about being friend with pagans, did it? I recall the bible saying being compassionate to the aliens, I agree with that.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know the bible says, "love thy neighbor", what if my neighbor does not like me, for whatever reason? name one
"You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you. "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
(Mat 5:38-47)

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2016
City of Brotherly Love
✟18,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know the bible says, "love thy neighbor", what if my neighbor does not like me, for whatever reason? name one
It is written,
Luke 6:27-36
But to those of you who will listen, I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what is yours, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full.

But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them, expecting nothing in return. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 19, 2016
City of Brotherly Love
✟18,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is something you need to make a personal decision about. For some Christians going to a bar would be a step too far. But some Christians have no issue with that, and hold to their own beliefs about what and how much to drink.

John
NZ
Eating food is not a sin, but to be gluttonous is a sin.

Upvote 0