BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The split-second you confessed Jesus as Savior (Romans 10:8-13) He became one with you. You were instantly occupied by the Holy Spirit, who will never depart. What a victory!
True, this is the Word of God, however we have all learned that many make Jesus Savior "but not Lord" insurance in their mind against hell.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 14:23
Yeshua answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our dwelling with him.
John 15:7
“If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good Morning, crossnote
"How can I be one with God?"
oic, i prefer via His work on the cross to make us 'one with God'.

For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.
(Eph 2:14-16)

• Winner
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oic, i prefer via His work on the cross to make us 'one with God'.

For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility.
(Eph 2:14-16)
Eph 2:14-16 is perfect.
Posting 2 other versions for better clarification.
Ephesians 2:14-16 Living Bible (TLB)
14 For Christ himself is our way of peace. He has made peace between us Jews and you Gentiles by making us all one family,breaking down the wall of contempt* that used to separate us. 15 By his death he ended the angry resentment between us, caused by the Jewish laws that favored the Jews and excluded the Gentiles, for he died to annul that whole system of Jewish laws. Then he took the two groups that had been opposed to each other and made them parts of himself; thus he fused us together to become one new person, and at last there was peace. 16 As parts of the same body, our anger against each other has disappeared, for both of us have been reconciled to God. And so the feud ended at last at the cross.
Ephesians 2:14-16 Tree of Life Version (TLV)
14 For He is our shalom, the One who made the two into one and broke down the middle wall of separation. Within His flesh He made powerless the hostility— 15 the law code of mitzvot contained in regulations. He did this in order to create within Himself one new man from the two groups, making shalom, 16 and to reconcile both to God in one body through the cross—by which He put the hostility to death.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Please post your answers considering the variety of people of different ages, foreign languages/beliefs, and educational backgrounds.
Refrain from "War and Peace" type post or likely you will lose some.
Keep it plain and simple.
All that makes no difference.
for
New Christian"How can I be one with God?"
is a done deal, already.
(for everyone immersed in Y'SHUA)

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:) Then there is the Expanded Version (EXB)
Eph 2:14 Christ himself is our peace. He made both Jews and Gentiles one people [both one], and broke down the wall of hate [hostility; enmity] that divided them [the wall beyond which Gentiles could not pass in the Jerusalem temple, or the law of Moses that distinguished Jew from Gentile (see v. 15)] by giving his own body [in his flesh; this phrase may go with the following sentence]. 15 He did this by ending [setting aside; nullifying] the law of commands and rules by giving his own body [in his flesh; this phrase may go with the previous sentence]. His purpose was to make the two groups of people become one new people [humanity; person; man] in him and in this way make peace. 16 It was also Christ’s purpose to end [put to death; kill] the hatred [hostility; enmity] between the two groups, to make them into one body, and to bring them back [reconcile them] to God. Christ did all this with his death on the cross […through the cross].

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Celestial Warrior

Nov 19, 2016
sutton wv usa
✟8,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I talk to God our Father and our Lord Jesus Christ continuously, they are not distant, but right there all the time. This is how you get close to God.

Please post your answers considering the variety of people of different ages, foreign languages/beliefs, and educational backgrounds.
Refrain from "War and Peace" type post or likely you will lose some.
Keep it plain and simple.

• Winner
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It was also Christ’s purpose to end [put to death; kill] the hatred [hostility; enmity] between the two groups, to make them into one body, and to bring them back [reconcile them] to God. Christ did all this with his death on the cross […through the cross].
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!
Jesus never turned anyone away who came to Him,
TODAY Jesus will not turn anyone away who comes to Him.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Re: New Christian"How can I be one with God?"

In this life, being one with God has two components:
1. being reborn in Christ
2. being 100% sanctified, aka. finished spiritually maturing, living by the Spirit in entirety, always doing what pleases God

The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” (John 8:29, 1984 NIV)

• Winner
Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All that makes no difference.
for
New Christian"How can I be one with God?"
is a done deal, already.
(for everyone immersed in Y'SHUA)
True, but a New Christian probably does not know what that means > to be immersed.
When I first became a Christian many years ago, I would have said? immersed in what???
To reach a new believer we need to try and hear the Holy Spirit instructions on how to help or speak to someone that does not know Christianize.
New Living Translation
1 Corinthians 9:22
When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some.

Upvote 0

GoodFruit

Nov 22, 2016
Oregon
✟16,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you want to be at peace with God, seek Him and fear Him and know that your eternal life is at stake. This life is a test, follow Him and His will, His teachings, or live for yourself and be destroyed. Fast often, pray, and read your Bible. Hopefully you are reading from the KJV and not a satanic corrupt modern Bible version.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/all_corrupt.htm
www.Jesus-is-savior.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peace WITH GOD comes through Christ work at the cross. Peace OF GOD comes through casting our cares upon Him and resting in His care for us.

Romans 5:1 KJVS
[1] Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace WITH GOD through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 4:6-7 KJVS
[6] Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [7] And the peace OF GOD, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0