Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Political figures have long used their families to route power and benefits for their own self-enrichment. In my new book, “Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite,” one particular politician — Joe Biden — emerges as the king of the sweetheart deal, with no less than five family members benefiting from his largesse, favorable access and powerful position for commercial gain. In Biden’s case, these deals include foreign partners and, in some cases, even U.S. taxpayer dollars.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/how-f...dens-family-got-rich-through-his-connections/

Reactions: redleghunter

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Political figures have long used their families to route power and benefits for their own self-enrichment. In my new book, “Profiles in Corruption: Abuse of Power by America’s Progressive Elite,” one particular politician — Joe Biden — emerges as the king of the sweetheart deal, with no less than five family members benefiting from his largesse, favorable access and powerful position for commercial gain. In Biden’s case, these deals include foreign partners and, in some cases, even U.S. taxpayer dollars.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/how-f...dens-family-got-rich-through-his-connections/
This can't be true! It's shameful FAKE NEWS to even hint at this. Biden is an exemplary Democrat. ORANGE MAN BAD is all you need to know.

• Haha
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Here's an article by the author of this book in the NY Times: Opinion | What Hunter Biden Did Was Legal — And That’s the Problem. In this article he maintains that what the Bidens did was legal but shouldn't be. There are claims in the article that I think may not be true. But in the same article he says the same things have been done by McConnell and Elaine Chao (the current Secretary of Transportation). I believe Trump's relatives have benefited in similar ways. There's no reason to think that these are the only examples.

While I am skeptical about some of his specific claims, I do accept the auggestion in the article that laws in this area should be tightened.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It's also worth looking at an assessment of his last big book, on the Clintons: Clinton Cash: errors dog Bill and Hillary exposé – but is there any 'there' there?.

Personally I think both Clinton and Biden have done ethically questionable things, but I also think that they are the victims of politically-motivated lies. I'd love to see really clean candidates. Unfortunately I don't see either party nominating one. But I do know which part is likely t nominate the less corrupt candidate.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No one really believes Trump was trying to force Zelensky to go after Biden for anything but polticial motives. As you suggest, he and his own family have done far worse, and not merely questionable, but illegal.

He went too far this time, and it got him impeached. When he leaves office, there will be more to answer for.

And no amount of "look what other people did!" will cover for him.

While I am skeptical about some of his specific claims, I do accept the auggestion in the article that laws in this area should be tightened.

Yes. Or in Trump's case, existing laws enforced.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
And no amount of "look what other people did!" will cover for him.
But he doesn't need to convince everyone that he's innocent. He just needs to supply things that people who already don't want to abandon him can use as excuses.

"Everybody else does it" is probably enough to defuse corruption charges, at least for true believers. Of course the grounds for impeachment aren't corruption; it's abusing power. We'll see if "it's not illegal to abuse power" will fly. I'm afraid it will.

Upvote 0