Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can only imagine that the health side effects of this are going to be devestating. Already the BC pill that doesn't stop the normal monthly blood flow causes hypertension, stroke, and death (and there have been studies showing a connection to breast cancer due to the artificial hormones.) And of course the feminists and the men who don't want to be held responsible for any "wild oats" they might sow will push it through without the proper testing. It will only be years later that the body count will rise. It's just plain scary.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can only imagine that the health side effects of this are going to be devestating. Already the BC pill that doesn't stop the normal monthly blood flow causes hypertension, stroke, and death (and there have been studies showing a connection to breast cancer due to the artificial hormones.) And of course the feminists and the men who don't want to be held responsible for any "wild oats" they might sow will push it through without the proper testing. It will only be years later that the body count will rise. It's just plain scary.
Before we get too shrill lets take a couple of deep breaths:

1) In the first place IF this pill was pushed through without proper testing hedonists had nothing to do with it. The manufacturer wants this on the market more than anyone else and the FDA hasn't been the same since the beginning of the Bush administration.

2) I did something radical and did a little research on this pill. It actaully uses less horomones then the majority of the other formulas. This is one of its selling points. It just uses them everyday, which most pills don't. So side effects due to homonal intake are actually less.

So, this pill doesn't automatically do more harm and libertines and sinners aren't banging down the door to get at it.

Everybody can breathe normally again.

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I must be the discenting voice here.

I'm one of those women who, for some strange reasin, do not have a monthly flow. And the only way for me to have one is to take birth control pills. There is no choice in it for me. Either I take it and have a period, or I don't have one and possibly develop a-plastic annemia. And before anyone says anything, I'm not making this up.

I do not take the pills because I want to. Rather, it's because I have to. So, before anyone chastises someone for taking birth control pills, please be aware of the circomstances behind it.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I'm one of those women who, for some strange reasin, do not have a monthly flow. And the only way for me to have one is to take birth control pills. There is no choice in it for me. Either I take it and have a period, or I don't have one and possibly develop a-plastic annemia. And before anyone says anything, I'm not making this up.

I do not take the pills because I want to. Rather, it's because I have to. So, before anyone chastises someone for taking birth control pills, please be aware of the circomstances behind it.
1) Why would I think you're making that up. Who would claim this who didn't actually suffer with it ?

2) Modern medical science is a wonderful thing. Unless you're Catholic and have something wrong with your repoductive system. Then you just have to suffer with it.
Or you're playing God.

Ask anybody.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So next time your constapated don't take anything for it.

geex.
^_^

It's funny how most guys are like "NO! Pills are wrong...yada yada yada...":sleep:

Yet, they arent the ones who deal with monthly cramping, sometimes so bad you cannot even stand, let alone go to work or concentrate on school...

Bah...they wouldn't last a day! :p ;)

Good point.

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2004
Brisbane
✟22,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Okay, not to sound fatalistic or anything:

When I heard the report on the national news last night, it reminded me of "Children Of Men" where an entire generation became sterile and there were no babies born for 12 years or, something like that.
18 yrs, there were no babies born for 18 yrs

Upvote 0

krstlros

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
1) Why would I think you're making that up. Who would claim this who didn't actually suffer with it ?
Actually Charlie, there are those who would. Think I"m making it up, that is.

Unless they see it, they won't believe it.

Upvote 0

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Personally I find that there's something ... well. ... almost pleasant about bleeding once a cycle. It's therapeutic somehow. I knew a lot of girls in school who would use the pill to stop their periods for months on end, personally I wonder whether this new pill is safer than that method or just the same.:scratch: If I didn't have an objection to contraception I have to say I'd still be wary of this pill. In my experience with girls I know, having been on the pill makes it more difficult for you to self regulate your hormones. But at least you're still bleeding once a month! This new pill could have some interesting long term effects. While they have done human studies on the workings of this new pill, they have not studied women coming off this pill after five years of use (for example). I'd wait and see...

Reactions: Woodsy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Actually Charlie, there are those who would. Think I"m making it up, that is.

Unless they see it, they won't believe it.
It's sad how often people need to be reminded that these drugs are sometimes needed for therapeutic means. Not everyone has a picture perfect cycle, and some people have definite problems they would like to see fixed. The Pill is not always/only contraception.
I have a friend who would now be infertile if it weren't for the Pill.

edit: I'm not saying that 'not having a picture perfect cycle' is a good reason to use the pill. Just that people make a lot of assumptions about cycles.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Either I take it and have a period, or I don't have one and possibly develop a-plastic annemia.

Just great. We have just started talking about this and already we know that this new pill (by preventing a normal period) can possibly cause a woman to develop a-plastic annemia. What else? Isn't there a painful disease caused by a buildup of too much iron (something men are not necessarily prone to and most women would never have to worry about since God made it so normally a woman has a monthly flow.) I agree with Assisi, it's far better to err on the side of caution anyway. We are dealing with life and death matters here.

Upvote 0
Z

zhilan

I don't have any particular opinion on this pill since I don't see how it's any different from any of the other pills which people often take continuously, skipping the "sugar pills," but from my personal experience I don't like the pills at all. I've been put on them twice for medical reasons (I'm not married so the contraception thing wasn't an issue) and both times I had horrible experiences. The first time I went on Seasonale which is supposed to make you only have your period 4 times a year, but instead I got my period for 3 months straight (without stopping) and gained 15 lb. The second time I went on it (this time just normal birth control) I got nausea, couldn't eat, heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, and extreme mood swings. Both times it took about 3 months coming off the pill before I was back to normal. My doctor told me that some women just can't handle the pill and I must be one of them. But it definitely made me weary.

But at the same time, I totally understand that for some women they work miracles and are a medicine like any other type of pill and the side effects are worth it. My mom uses them for medical reasons and they have kept her so far from needing surgery. So I understand both sides.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't have any particular opinion on this pill since I don't see how it's any different from any of the other pills which people often take continuously, skipping the "sugar pills," but from my personal experience I don't like the pills at all. I've been put on them twice for medical reasons (I'm not married so the contraception thing wasn't an issue) and both times I had horrible experiences. The first time I went on Seasonale which is supposed to make you only have your period 4 times a year, but instead I got my period for 3 months straight (without stopping) and gained 15 lb. The second time I went on it (this time just normal birth control) I got nausea, couldn't eat, heart palpitations, anxiety attacks, and extreme mood swings. Both times it took about 3 months coming off the pill before I was back to normal. My doctor told me that some women just can't handle the pill and I must be one of them. But it definitely made me weary.

But at the same time, I totally understand that for some women they work miracles and are a medicine like any other type of pill and the side effects are worth it. My mom uses them for medical reasons and they have kept her so far from needing surgery. So I understand both sides.
:eek:
Most of my friends (unmarried:thumbsup:) who are or have been on the pill also relate negative experiences. Not quite as negative as yours, but not good either. And most of them have had a hard time when coming off the pill as well, it took one of my friends two years for her cycle to return to normal.
Ick! I'm so glad that my body works...(or at least worked, it's taking time to get back to normal since our baby died in Feb)

Upvote 0

skatepixie

Veteran
Jan 21, 2005
California
✟9,674.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yay! Im going to the doctor as soon as I return to the states.

My regular pills have been used to stop my period for a few years now and arent working like they used to. I have serious cramping issues that they couldnt figure out (it isnt endo, it isnt a deformity, it isnt any other cause they can think of...oh and I gradually gave myself a serious case of immunity to pain medication between this issue and one with my back that is also on going.) If theres a little risk involved...so be it...I want my life back, and IMO the pill is less risky in my case (young, non-smoker) than my accidental overdose of pain meds when I was 15.

There are two sides to this issue.

Edit; I havent had any weird side effects, either. No weight gain (i was actually able to lose like 40lbs while on it), moodswings, etc.

Upvote 0

krstlros

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Everyone reacts to the same medication differently. Some have side affects, some don't. It just depends on the person.

Which is why there's an emphasis osn making sure one works closely with their doctor whenever taking any kind of new medication. Or, if the one you've been taking doesn't work, consult your physician. Ask SkatePixie said, you can build an immunity to the drug, which renders it useless.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,086,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All I can say is it is not a good idea to muck around with Mother Nature - Let alone with God.
One of the problems in our society is that cattleman and chicken farmers are mucking around with Mother Nature too much

There is some reason, I am sure, why so many women in the industrialized world seem to have so many gynecological problems.

My youngest child and only girl is as slender as a willow, yet she started menstruating at ten and developed ovarian cysts at age 16. I never had problems like these when I was a teen, and it was almost unheard of for girls to reach puberty that early when I was growing up.

When she was in tenth grade she went on a school band trip, and in her hotel room of four, she was the only one not taking the pill. None of them were taking it for reasons of birth control--two had gynecological problems, and one was taking Accutane.

Infertility can be related to PID (which I think can be related to untreated chlamydia or some other illness) but it can also be related, I believe, to these different gynecological problems that women in bygone years, before we were eating hormone laden beef, pork, chicken, eggs, milk, and cheese, never had.

I also wonder whether this could be a reason for the upswing in homosexuality--either because of the hormone-laden foods we all eat or because women who eat hormone-laden foods affect their male fetuses.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.