Country
Mexico
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is amazing how many of God's people are turning to the New King James Version. While not perfect, it is an excellent translation of the Hebrew Masoretic and Greek Received Text, the inspired and preserved Word of God.

It is my preferred translation, and the day I found a large-print NKJV in a Mexican junkshop for $1, I was a very happy man.

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't remember if you saw my Bible when we first met. I have 2 wide margin Bibles from World Bible Publishers in the KJV. The one I use and keep on my desk by my laptop is the older one that I have used for nearly 20 years. The pages are falling out of it now and I have taped the binding. That is the one I had when we met. The other is just like it except it is newer and I use it in the pulpit and at church. The pages are the same in both so I don't have to look to find where on the page a verse might be. Most of my notes are in the older one. Someone told me recently that the new one, which I have also had a few years, cost about 300- 500 dollars now. I didn't pay nearly that much for either of them. What you ordered is a very good looking Bible and I am very happy for you. I really like a wide margin Bible because my handwriting is so poor that I need room to write legibly.

Upvote 0

the particular baptist

pactum serva
Nov 14, 2008
Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Brother Ron I remember looking at your Bible at Shoneys and thought, man alive, here's a man that reads his Bible alot. I dont think ive ever see a Bible that worn and still in use. So just so you know, your Bible factored into my search for a "lifetime" one :D

BTW, have you considered having your old one rebound professionally ?

Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brother Ron I remember looking at your Bible at Shoneys and thought, man alive, here's a man that reads his Bible alot. I dont think ive ever see a Bible that worn and still in use. So just so you know, your Bible factored into my search for a "lifetime" one :D

BTW, have you considered having your old one rebound professionally ?
Perhaps I need to start carrying the new one. I carry the old one because it has most of my notes in it but it actually never dawned on me that it would have that affect on anyone. It certainly isn't my intention to try to impress anyone with how worn my Bible is. Of course it could mean that I am just too cheap to buy a new one. I quit carrying it to church when the pastor made a joke about having to take up a collection to buy me a Bible. I wouldn't have it rebound because the new one is exactly like it.

Upvote 0

the particular baptist

pactum serva
Nov 14, 2008
Currently reside in Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟10,768.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps I need to start carrying the new one. I carry the old one because it has most of my notes in it but it actually never dawned on me that it would have that affect on anyone. It certainly isn't my intention to try to impress anyone with how worn my Bible is. Of course it could mean that I am just too cheap to buy a new one. I quit carrying it to church when the pastor made a joke about having to take up a collection to buy me a Bible. I wouldn't have it rebound because the new one is exactly like it.

Ofcourse i knew you werent out to impress, that would be a ridiculous thought on my part, but i knew you were serious about God's word. But, i wanted to find a Bible whose binding would hold up at least as well as yours over the same period of time if not better.

Upvote 0

spiritwarrior37

Dec 22, 2006
✟16,096.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't remember if you saw my Bible when we first met. I have 2 wide margin Bibles from World Bible Publishers in the KJV. The one I use and keep on my desk by my laptop is the older one that I have used for nearly 20 years. The pages are falling out of it now and I have taped the binding. That is the one I had when we met. The other is just like it except it is newer and I use it in the pulpit and at church. The pages are the same in both so I don't have to look to find where on the page a verse might be. Most of my notes are in the older one. Someone told me recently that the new one, which I have also had a few years, cost about 300- 500 dollars now. I didn't pay nearly that much for either of them. What you ordered is a very good looking Bible and I am very happy for you. I really like a wide margin Bible because my handwriting is so poor that I need room to write legibly.
Hey brother. You know you can send the Bible off and have it rebound. I have my dads old Bible and it was done a long time ago. It came out great except for one thing. They put the dictionary in the back upside down.. lol
I still have the first Bible i was ever given. It is over 40 years old now.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mlqurgw

Aug 19, 2005
kain tuck ee
✟8,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey brother. You know you can send the Bible off and have it rebound. I have my dads old Bible and it was done a long time ago. It came out great except for one thing. They put the dictionary in the back upside down.. lol
I still have the first Bible i was ever given. It is over 40 years old now.
If my kids want to do it after I am gone they can. I am so used to it now that it doesn't bother me the way it is. And I do have the other one that is identical to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Allen1901

King's Knight
Nov 1, 2008
The Road to Damascus, Virginia U.S.A.
✟73,745.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This looks like a really nice Bible. :)

My 186x Scofeld is 33 years old and still in great condition. I usually keep a cover on it, and clean and dress the leather every year.

My next Bible purchase will be a KJV looseleaf Bible.

Upvote 0