✟9,237.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Hi all,

I was a seeking atheist (since age 7 or 8) turn 'spiritual' new-agish believer (since age 18-19) turned believer in the Christ (2018) who we call Jesus or Yahshua or Yeshua (I notice we use different names so I'm covering those bases.)

I'm sure this is good news but there's a problem, I am very wary of people who say they are Christian. I do not go to a Church and I don't have a cult, sect or denomination I subscribe to. My 'teachers' so far are a few ministers on YouTube namely Genoark (underground) and Carter Conlon (mainstream media) - who my spirit agrees with.
I wasn't always so wary of Christians before the sparking of my faith, at first I thought them hypocritical, or maybe nuts... Or just lacking the powers of sound individual thought and authenticity. After my faith sprung up and grew, I now consider that the masses of Christianity today generally dangerous, so I thread carefully and I still question everything and I try to follow my spirit. (I don't believe I have the Holy Spirit, but I have developed someway of understanding this reality - I can easily discern where people's intentions are and what they feel in truth. When I was new agey they called it empathic abilities which I possess even to experience physical pains for others.)

I am joining this forum to find bible study partner(s) for growing in Christ Jesus. My exclusive preference is the set apart people among the masses of this Christian religion, those zealous in faith, those who desire complete submission to the will of Jesus, any who are hot/on fire, making no excuses, seeking no compromise. Feel free to message me whether you are a baby yourself or whether you are strong and established in study and faith. The latter I appreciate for your example in Christ.

Thank you for reading, hoping to hear from you soon.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟945,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
For a person in your position I recommend Kay Arthur. She has a free program on Lightsource called Precept Upon Precept. She takes you through the bible line by line. And you'll learn how to run references and dig into the text. The archive is pretty extensive. You can purchase her books through Amazon. The blue ones are the best. The website has in-person and online study groups. I've done the latter and they were good.

I had an atheist friend from Denmark who came to faith watching her. She went through all the books and came to America to attend a seminary. She completed her studies and returned home to teach others. Kay attracts serious students with a thirst for the Word and hunger for God. It's not a program for slackers. All of the materials have DVD or audio recordings. If studying alone is your only option you'll have solid instruction.

If you opt to purchase from her site I recommend the recordings with Wayne Barber. His knowledge of Greek is extensive and he's funny.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

I was a seeking atheist (since age 7 or 8) turn 'spiritual' new-agish believer (since age 18-19) turned believer in the Christ (2018) who we call Jesus or Yahshua or Yeshua (I notice we use different names so I'm covering those bases.)

I'm sure this is good news but there's a problem, I am very wary of people who say they are Christian. I do not go to a Church and I don't have a cult, sect or denomination I subscribe to. My 'teachers' so far are a few ministers on YouTube namely Genoark (underground) and Carter Conlon (mainstream media) - who my spirit agrees with.
I wasn't always so wary of Christians before the sparking of my faith, at first I thought them hypocritical, or maybe nuts... Or just lacking the powers of sound individual thought and authenticity. After my faith sprung up and grew, I now consider that the masses of Christianity today generally dangerous, so I thread carefully and I still question everything and I try to follow my spirit. (I don't believe I have the Holy Spirit, but I have developed someway of understanding this reality - I can easily discern where people's intentions are and what they feel in truth. When I was new agey they called it empathic abilities which I possess even to experience physical pains for others.)

I am joining this forum to find bible study partner(s) for growing in Christ Jesus. My exclusive preference is the set apart people among the masses of this Christian religion, those zealous in faith, those who desire complete submission to the will of Jesus, any who are hot/on fire, making no excuses, seeking no compromise. Feel free to message me whether you are a baby yourself or whether you are strong and established in study and faith. The latter I appreciate for your example in Christ.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find the fellowship which you seek.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,923,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Danayah, WELCOME TO CF &, more importantly, WELCOME TO THE FAMILY of GOD :wave:

I believe that you will be able to find what you are looking for here in the way of Bible study partners. I also wanted to thank you for your interesting and informative intro :)

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26)

--David
p.s. - I'd also like to talk about the church with you sometime.

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

You may also enjoy the broadcast/online teaching at these sites:

Renewing Your Mind with R.C. Sproul | Daily Christian Teaching

Broadcasts (Grace to You/Dr. John MacArthur)

Insight for Living Ministries (Dr. Chuck Swindoll)

Listen (Dr. Ravi Zacharias)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome @Danayah !

Great resources in many languages is Grace to You which is a ministry of John MacArthur.

Gty.org

Some good sermons to start out on you can read or listen to:

The Doctrines of Grace Series | SermonAudio.com

It’s a sermon series on the doctrines of Grace.

Upvote 0

Jesus' Follower

ACCOUNT NO LONGER IN USE
Site Supporter
Sep 11, 2015
-
✟59,217.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
  • Friendly
Reactions: Danayah
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Shelob??
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,129,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

I don't blame you for being wary of people, even of fellow Christians. It's good to be aware and cautious of the fact that not everyone can be trusted. But at the same time maybe just keep in mind that, on some level, people are people and none of us Christians can see perfectly or always clearly all that God has for us in Christ.

With that said, welcome to CF! :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

Danayah

Feb 16, 2019
Caribbeans
✟9,237.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
I don't blame you for being wary of people, even of fellow Christians. It's good to be aware and cautious of the fact that not everyone can be trusted. But at the same time maybe just keep in mind that, on some level, people are people and none of us Christians can see perfectly or always clearly all that God has for us in Christ.

With that said, welcome to CF! :cool:

Peace,
2PhiloVoid
Thanks also for the welcome.

People are people but Christians hold the greatest, most important knowledge of this life. I'd call it 'the keys to the universe'. I dont think it is handled with enough care though. Without a personal revelation, I would have never taken the faith seriously due to lack of good examples and hypocrisy (which is abominable to my personality). I count them potentially dangerous because they who were to lead unbelievers to Christ do the opposite (as it was in my experience).

This might testify only to my limited experience, true. I probably shouldn't assume the culture of Christians worldwide to have been corrupted. It's just that I'm an all or nothing sort of person.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Shelob??
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,129,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks also for the welcome.

People are people but Christians hold the greatest, most important knowledge of this life. I'd call it 'the keys to the universe'. I dont think it is handled with enough care though. Without a personal revelation, I would have never taken the faith seriously due to lack of good examples and hypocrisy (which is abominable to my personality). I count them potentially dangerous because they who were to lead unbelievers to Christ do the opposite (as it was in my experience).

This might testify only to my limited experience, true. I probably shouldn't assume the culture of Christians worldwide to have been corrupted. It's just that I'm an all or nothing sort of person.

Ok. That's all understandable, and I think we'd all like to know that our fellow Christians can be trusted and that they have full integrity and compassion. So, if you have an "all or nothing" approach to things at this time of your life, I won't criticize that. I'll just hope you'll allow some of us a little bit of extra grace since we're all in the continual process of growing in Christ.

Peace. Be blessed.

Reactions: Danayah
Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟326,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I may speaking only for myself and no one else, but for me life is a neverending quest for two things: 1. How can we serve God to the best of our ability and 2. How can we serve our fellow man to the best of our ability while serving God as well.

Hello, welcome, and may the Lord guide you well.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums