Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last Tuesday, I had my baby! Hallelujah I can carry him with my arms instead of with my poor sciatic hips!

We are very thankful for a very positive birth! I used a birth preparation method called HypnoBabies that I used to train my body and mind to respond to labor with positive thoughts, control over how I felt, and endorphins that made my labor "painfree." I would describe it as uncomfortable near the end, but very manageable. It was a big improvement over my first birth, which was similarly unmedicated, but was a different experience. This time it was only 5 hours long and I pushed for all of 7 minutes.

We also had him at home, and I delivered him in a birthing pool. If anyone has questions about homebirth, water birth, hypnobabies, the Bradley Method, or just being informed and empowered about your birth options in general, ask away!

Toddler E loves her baby brother L!

Attachments

• PB093001.jpg
    PB093001.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 82

nutroll

Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
Boise, ID
Visit site
✟280,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
congratulations and may God grant you and your new baby and your whole family many, many years!

My wife and I were wanting to use the Bradley Method, but there is only one instructor in our area and she is busy with family issues, so we weren't sure what to try to replace it. Our midwife suggested hypnobirthing, but my wife is uncertain of that since she has heard that hypnosis is a no-no for Orthodox. We heard, however, that it really is more of a relaxation technique as opposed to real hypnosis. Sounds like it worked for you. Would you mind if I put my wife in touch with you to ask any questions she might have?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 9, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
✟7,722.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations! What beautiful children! God bless you and your family!

I am wanting to do a homebirth so badly for the next child we have. I would love to know where you got info on homebirthing, where you got supplies from. Did you use a nurse midwife or certified midwife? Any tips or pointer would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
congratulations and may God grant you and your new baby and your whole family many, many years!

My wife and I were wanting to use the Bradley Method, but there is only one instructor in our area and she is busy with family issues, so we weren't sure what to try to replace it. Our midwife suggested hypnobirthing, but my wife is uncertain of that since she has heard that hypnosis is a no-no for Orthodox. We heard, however, that it really is more of a relaxation technique as opposed to real hypnosis. Sounds like it worked for you. Would you mind if I put my wife in touch with you to ask any questions she might have?

Not at all! We used Bradley for #1 and I used HypnoBabies (not HypnoBirthing) for #2 and I can tell you about both!

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
PS. There's nothing antithetical to Orthodoxy in the HypnoBabies curriculum...I was skeptical, but I love the way I utilized it, so I'm converted :)

PPS. I'm not sure what your definition of "real hypnosis" is. The HypnoBabies course DOES claim to use real, medical-type hypnosis. However, the definition of hypnosis is the relaxed state of mind that occurs whenever your "conscious mind" is out of the way. Some examples include the drowsy state of waking up or drifting off to sleep, anytime you're watching a screen passively (like TV or a movie,) or times like when you're driving somewhere and you get there and realize you don't really remember the trip--you were on autopilot. That's all a state of hypnosis. It's not anything that you're not in control of- you state that you are making yourself open to all suggestions of learning for an easy and comfortable childbirth. You decide to do that, and you are in control. You're not opening yourself up for just anything, and they even give a list of suggestions for tailoring the non-religious course to Christian beliefs, such as adding your own prayers or hymns to the end of a session. So, it's definitely compatible with Orthodoxy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0