✟19,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello there.
This is the first time doing something like this. The best way maybe is to go straight to the heart for why i did. I have been raised and been a part of the church in one way or another my whole life. I love learning new and more in depth things about God's word. However, i find myself frustrated and turned off by the politics behind the scenes in churches. I just want to learn and discuss many aspects and views of what God has to say, not personal agendas.i haven`t been to a church in about 5 years. I know it's important for fellowship, and i crave it so bad. I'm at a starved level. I have no friends and no one who wants to just talk with me. My success, my strugles, my hurt, my joy, i just need a friend that we can talk about God's word, what it means to each of us and how it relates in real world settings. I have so much to share and so much i can learn from others. If there's anyone out there who is feeling just as alone as me and wants someone to converse with regularly, please let me know. I so need someone to talk about God with.
Thank you for letting me share.
As Robin Mark said:
When it's all been said and done, all my treasures will mean nothing
Only what I've done for love's reward will stand the test of time
(Love that song, it's holds a special place in my heart)

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello there.
This is the first time doing something like this. The best way maybe is to go straight to the heart for why i did. I have been raised and been a part of the church in one way or another my whole life. I love learning new and more in depth things about God's word. However, i find myself frustrated and turned off by the politics behind the scenes in churches. I just want to learn and discuss many aspects and views of what God has to say, not personal agendas.i haven`t been to a church in about 5 years. I know it's important for fellowship, and i crave it so bad. I'm at a starved level. I have no friends and no one who wants to just talk with me. My success, my strugles, my hurt, my joy, i just need a friend that we can talk about God's word, what it means to each of us and how it relates in real world settings. I have so much to share and so much i can learn from others. If there's anyone out there who is feeling just as alone as me and wants someone to converse with regularly, please let me know. I so need someone to talk about God with.
As Robin Mark said:
I want you to know that you can message me whenever you want and I would be happy to talk. I do have a job but I check this site multiple times a day so I will see the message and I will message you when I get the chance. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Reactions: Seun
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello there.
As Robin Mark said:
Welcome to the boards, its always nice to encounter someone interested in Bible study. If your looking for a study buddy I always enjoy getting into the Scriptures.

Feel free to drop me a PM, I think something like Ephesians or Johns Gospel are good for just basic insights. Nothing I like better then a good Bible study.

Reactions: Seun
Upvote 0

Olboodog

Aug 14, 2018
Oregon
✟19,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want you to know that you can message me whenever you want and I would be happy to talk. I do have a job but I check this site multiple times a day so I will see the message and I will message you when I get the chance. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.
Welcome to the boards, its always nice to encounter someone interested in Bible study. If your looking for a study buddy I always enjoy getting into the Scriptures.

Feel free to drop me a PM, I think something like Ephesians or Johns Gospel are good for just basic insights. Nothing I like better then a good Bible study.

Upvote 0

Olboodog

Aug 14, 2018
Oregon
✟19,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think i messed this up. I'm sorry for the confusion .
I would love to start up a study. The books mentioned would be fine. Mark, what's a PM?
A little background... i know pretty much all the main stories and people involved and such. I grew up in the church. What I'm wanting is to dive into the deeper meanings of all of it. For example, i heard a sermon on moses' staff. I was blown away! Now i knew about his story and all but it never occurred to me the symbolism behind his staff and what it meant when he threw it down. And, what it meant when he picked it up let alone what it did to the other serpents. Then the way he hit the stone. In addition, the pastor talked about how these traditional staffs were made and what it meant to shepherds. I was immersed into this new in-depth understading of just this tiny part of the story. I thought, if there was this much in this tiny part, how much more can be gleened from just moses` whole story! And then i realized there's an entire bible to see in a new light. I was in awe on how God can put so much meaning and understanding in His word. It boggles the mind. And the best part is, i know how i can use this in real world applications.
I also like to learn the fun things about the bible too. For example i ran across a study that took an in-depth view on who actually wrote the book of John. I've always believed it was John. But the study showed, from the bible itself, that it couldn't have been him. Although it doesn't establish with solid proof who did, it does give some possibilities who might of.

Please forgive me as i tend to get long winded. I don't have anyone who i can really talk to and when i find someone, i tend to want to gush out in a flood. Plus my mind goes faster than my fingers, so sometimes i misspell words. I'm really not that bad of a speller. You should see some of my texts!

Upvote 0

Olboodog

Aug 14, 2018
Oregon
✟19,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this is a welcoming thread. So i don't know where to go to have a conversation or even to get into a study. Plus there's things i struggle with in my own life and i need some Christian based, solid, non-judgemental advice and to help me through some valleys and to keep reminding me of God's love. I am very thankfull to God for teaching me and showing me many things about him like, agape love, forgiveness, compassion and the ability to see past the sins to the person themselves and the worth they hold to Him. (I just wished he would teach me joy.) I have some good stories to share on the things he taught me and i would like to learn from others how He may have opened thier eyes or revealed a truth about Him.
Off topic... i even have a hilarious story of me flying in airplanes. Spoiler alert: i don't fly anymore. Nope. Won't do it.

To give you a small example of my thirst to learn new things or at least a new way to see the world, i currently have 6 different versions of the bible that i tend to go back and forth on. I guess I'm just trying to make sense of my life (as i always feel lost and alone) and to find my purpose. Nothing is worse to the mind than feeling like you walk this Earth with no purpose or a reason to be in existence. But the Good Lord created me for a reason, so there must be a purpose, right?
Plus i wasn't expected to live past April 6th of this year. Boy i showed the Dr.'s! But serously, if God had me survive an impossibility, doesn't that mean He has a plan for me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think i messed this up. I'm sorry for the confusion .
I would love to start up a study. The books mentioned would be fine. Mark, what's a PM?
A little background... i know pretty much all the main stories and people involved and such. I grew up in the church. What I'm wanting is to dive into the deeper meanings of all of it. For example, i heard a sermon on moses' staff. I was blown away! Now i knew about his story and all but it never occurred to me the symbolism behind his staff and what it meant when he threw it down. And, what it meant when he picked it up let alone what it did to the other serpents. Then the way he hit the stone. In addition, the pastor talked about how these traditional staffs were made and what it meant to shepherds. I was immersed into this new in-depth understading of just this tiny part of the story. I thought, if there was this much in this tiny part, how much more can be gleened from just moses` whole story! And then i realized there's an entire bible to see in a new light. I was in awe on how God can put so much meaning and understanding in His word. It boggles the mind. And the best part is, i know how i can use this in real world applications.
I also like to learn the fun things about the bible too. For example i ran across a study that took an in-depth view on who actually wrote the book of John. I've always believed it was John. But the study showed, from the bible itself, that it couldn't have been him. Although it doesn't establish with solid proof who did, it does give some possibilities who might of.

Please forgive me as i tend to get long winded. I don't have anyone who i can really talk to and when i find someone, i tend to want to gush out in a flood. Plus my mind goes faster than my fingers, so sometimes i misspell words. I'm really not that bad of a speller. You should see some of my texts!
First of all PM is a private message, if you click on my name there will a a button that says PM. As far as the staff of Moses 40 years he worked as a shepherd after he fled Eqypt. The Israelites were shepherds as well, which is why the settled in Goshen, there was great pasture land. So yea, a staff as a symbol and instrument of God's power would be profoundly significant. The most important sacrificial animal was the lamb, it was the center of Passover meals, the sin offering and the day of atonment. This little lambs represented their profits, theybwere the key to their sucess, sacrificing them would be pretty painful financially.

Anyway, this will be fun, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Upvote 0