Nov 8, 2006
✟7,745.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I found this forum through a link on another one (non-religion) related, then I saw the characters and wanted to make one, so I registered, found out you needed blessings to make one, so I thought I might as well post.

I'm not sure why. I don't even know what I am, but I suppose it can't hurt to try and find answers here, as I've been everywhere else, unless I get ridden out of town on a rail or something.

I'm half Jewish-agnostic and half Catholic-atheist. I was baptized Catholic, refused to sing Christmas carols in school, spent a year and a half in a Catholic high school because there was nowhere else for me to go at the time, tried to start reading the New Testament a bit then but quickly decided I must be insane for wanting to bother, poked around in several other major, minor, and non- religions, didn't do all the things normal teenagers do and thought maybe I should run off and join a convent, which my father would have hated, then decided I was Jewish and should start acting like it. I have problems following the zillions of restrictions of observant Judaism, and don't even have the cultural upbringing that most secular Jews still have. I've spent time in Israel, which is where I am now, and while last year when I was here I thought I knew what G-d wanted of me, over the few months I've been here this year, most of it's gone down the toilet. I'm currently being kept warm at night by a blanket from a Christian agency here that donates things to Jews here, so thank you whoever you are that donated the money for that.

I don't fit anywhere, Rabbis get my name wrong and call me "Christine" and mistake me for a shiksa even when I'm in with a bunch of other Jews, I was always the token heathen when my friends dragged me to their Sunday schools and youth groups, and when I was little my mom said I grew horns anytime I went in a protestant church because I was Catholic. I've developed a mild fear of Christianity because of friends who have suddenly rediscovered it and started acting like they were possessed. I realized I don't even understand most of the stuff - my mother doesn't believe that Christians *really* believe in Jesus, so even when I was younger and thought I was one, I was taught a rather warped version of the religion. And then later in life, only the lunatic fringe shoves their religion in your face, further warping it.

Maybe I can find more answers here. Maybe I'll get labelled a troll and banned. I don't know. I just want to figure out my relationship with G-d more, and want people to stop hating and killing each other between/within/outside religions.

hopperace

long forgotten host
Oct 20, 2006
✟125,971.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Welcome, cutefluffybunnybear, to Christian Forums, the little project of Dr. Erwin Loh that has grown into quite a fascinating and large community.

I hope your horns aren't giving you any trouble today, and that you'll find a place here. Let me know if you need my support in starting a Messianic Bad Catholic section particular to your needs.

Congratulations on making it this far. Perhaps you’ve been lurking for a while or have been here before and have already figured out a bit here and there - like what all those buttons do on the navigation bar at the top, and which particularly ‘dangerous’ forums always garner so much attention and ‘trouble’ (i.e. heavy moderation and tempestuous debates) and may require a 100-post-count before your being allowed to post there.

Maybe you’re an old-hand at Internet discussion boards, but in case you’re somewhat overwhelmed, now might be a good time to take a peek here: FAQ. These FAQs will explain a lot (though not all) of the somewhat confusing things in the eye-feast of overwhelming CF thingies. You probably read the Terms of Service you agreed to when joining, but now might also be a good time to attempt to read the rules listed here: Rules. I know they’re long and drawn out, may be a bit confusing to sort through and subject to various interpretations, but it may help make your journey smoother to familiarize yourself with them. CF is a huge place and try as we may to be a gentle bunch, I’ve noticed that sometimes it doesn’t take much for trouble to put a ‘kick me’ sign on one’s back, and no one wants to see that for people of good intent.

I know it might take most of your day, week, month, or year(s) to become thoroughly familiar with everything; but you should at the very least skim the FAQ outline and be aware of certain limitations like where you can talk about what (especially in the “Christian Only” forums when compared with those “Open to all members”, or those otherwise specifically designated as “open”); when and how you can post pictures/images (after 100 posts) or post in certain restricted forums; when and where to post e-mail or other links (after 15 posts); those ever important faith icons (of which you’ve already had to choose, and will need assistance to change, if desired); how, without soliciting them, to chunk up on ‘blessings’ (sort of our CF currency) for pets, CF characters and ‘armor’, or games, quizzes, and such; the Private Message (PM) system that might pop up on your screen any moment now; what to do with a rogue member or even moderator (eek!); what some of the pesky abbreviations mean that you’re sure to come across (like OP, OSAS, IMHO, TTYL, DTTBOWTBW (don’t throw the baby out with the bath water)), etc.

You’ll notice we have an Intro Sticky by the lovely AngelAmidala: http://www.christianforums.com/t1110956-please-read-the-rules-before-posting-thanks.html, that most forums have other ‘Sticky’ introductions that can often be important to read before posting in that forum, and that some of the more popular threads have little numbers beside them (like “Welcome to all new members (4)”) which means they’ve been continued in further incarnations after reaching a 1000 post limit for each thread.

Here are just a few forums that might be helpful in starting to explore the place. Just click on the links and find a place you like:

CF Announcements (what’s going on around here, what’s not working and why)
Report Bugs (not the crawly ones, you’re on your on with those)
CF How-To (Mostly technical questions on site usage)
Regional forums – Where ya from?
Congregations – What church ya go to?
Chatting with individual Staff members (usually in informal ways of friendship)
Friendship Court (no pretzelizing allowed)
Face the Board (which is ‘open’ to all members to ask YOU questions)
Recovery (non-professional help with particular life struggles)
Outreach to non-Christians by Christians, seeker prayers and help from Christians, etc.
Edification (Christians Only) Blogs, Prayers, Testimonies, Advice
Help with creating a CF Homepage
How to become a site supporter (and financially help this ministry)
Help with IRC (Internet Relay Chat)

And if you are looking for things to do besides posting, you can ...

Take quizzes: http://www.christianforums.com/quiz.php (costs 10 blessings)
Create a character: http://www.christianforums.com/characters (costs ~150 blessings to begin, but you’ll want to use more to get armor/clothes)
Adopt a pet (and take care of it): http://www.christianforums.com/pets (costs ~700 blessings to start, but more with upkeep)
Create a blog: http://www.christianforums.com/blogs
Participate in polls: http://www.christianforums.com/f4-cf-polls.html
Play games: http://www.christianforums.com/arcade.php (costs 10 blessings for each game)
Create/Develop a homepage: http://www.christianforums.com/f651-...iscussion.html

I don’t mean to take up all of the space in your very own Intro thread, so have a happy journey here at CF and feel free to contact the New Member Intro forum moderators or other Staff (the people with the little boxes with a letter by their name) with any questions. They are volunteers here and may not always have ready answers, and though they are flawed humans and may often be rather busy with other things (some of which may sometimes be a bit upsetting and flavor their response times and forms) patience and kindness will find that they can usually point you in the right direction. There are a variety of ways to contact one, and usually it’s best to find one who is currently on-line and ready to help, and one who has some responsibility in the forum where you’re posting. Perhaps the quickest way to reach one is to click on their name and then look for their Private Message (PM) link (If you wind up on their home-page, this should be quite a ways down in the left column).

To see a full list of forums click on "Christian Forums" in upper left hand corner. I hope these links are helpful to you.
Be blessed and best wishes,

- Ciborium (kib)

Upvote 0

Paisley

Faith without works is dead. James 2:17
Mar 12, 2005
Northern California
✟4,415.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to Christian Forums!!

jesushugging.jpg

Upvote 0

bfly

Contributor
Oct 2, 2005
Alabama
✟23,591.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Without doubt you have lots to talk about. Nothing better than trial and error to help us learn the way we should follow. I think you can post in most all the forums if not someone will kindly let you know. I hope you find answers to all your questions however long it may take. Keep an open mind and eyes on God and not on man.
The soul hardly ever realizes it, but whether he is a believer or not,
his loneliness is really a homesickness for God.
-Hubert van Zeller

Hello and Welcome
We are proud you joined our family.
May your time here be spent well.

May all your questions be answered.
May support be found in abundance.

Please visit often and bring all your friends.
You will find the most wonderful refreshments provided free.

I pray your cup will be full and running over with:
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness and faithfulness.

May the Grace and Mercy of our,
Lord, Jesus Christ be with your spirit.

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome!

It can be really difficult to be sorta a stew of religious experiences. I cannot imagine trying to choose a religion basically from scratch!

For the purposes of CF, whether or not you can post in Christian Forums, you are considered Christian by this site if you accept the Nicene Creed as stated in the rules here. Right now your icon is Catholic, so you will able to post in Christian forums. But if in your heart of hearts you are not ready to accept that yet, then you may want to choose an icon which is closer to what you believe....even if it is just "seeker." There is no shame in it. There aer plenty of flavors of Christianity and other religions around here. My prayer is that you will find many kindred spirits and plain ole nice folks to help you with your search for a religious identity.

Please let me know if you have any questions or just want to talk!

Upvote 0

~ Gig ~

God is Gracious
Aug 6, 2004
Eastern Canada
✟315,811.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
GJ-Hello05.gif

Welcome to CF I hope you find this a safe home while you're spending on the internet.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about the site. It may be a little overwhelming... and trust me, even after being here a couple years I'm still learning where everything is, but we're a friendly bunch here and we're more than willing to help.

To get started posting and meeting some new members, check out the Recreation Room or the Friendship Court. These are the two forums where you can play games with other members and just sit back and chat.

Also, please take some time to read through CF's rules (so you know the do's and don'ts of posting here): http://www.christianforums.com/faq.p...les#faq_rule_0

Finally, if you'd like to ask a question about CF that you haven't been able to get answered, again please feel free to PM me or you can check out our CF- How To forum: http://www.christianforums.com/f681-cf-how-to.html

I hope I've help and not confused you! Have a great day and God Bless!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome:
Come & Play w/me on this thread: http://www.christianforums.com/t2257...blessings.html "What is my favorite number....for 50 blessings"-

Numbers 1 thru 109 have already been posted;
so guess above that in any order—up to 2000.

Now- let’s go to the Recreation Thread--
Don’t make me come back and get you :))

(Ain't She Cute?)

Upvote 0

synger

Confessional Liturgical Lutheran
Site Supporter
Sep 12, 2006
✟44,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:wave:Welcome to CF! There's something for everyone here. It's an amazing, complex place.

I can understand your confusion... there's a lot "to" religion, even Christianity. But I think you'll find some interesting folks here to help you understand it better. And even if not, there are lots of fun people to meet and talk with! Welcome!

I look forward to getting to know you as you post in the community.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums