SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there - I was into the New Age deception for many years until, after 20 years (yes, 20) of deep research, and after seeing how entrenched in evil this world really is, I ran to the opposite, started reading about others who have fled to Jesus from the New Age, and after a few intensely vivid dreams that I could not ignore and proof that Jesus has an awesome sense of humor, I am finding my way. I REALLY want to find a community, at least online, if not locally (I unfortunately live in California now but I am dying to move out of this cesspool) of others who have seen the light and made their way out of the deception of all this New Age JUNK and toward the Beloved. I am really feeling very, very alone right now and facing losing all my friends. I need to establish a new support system to maintain my emotional sanity. If you can relate, PLEASE respond. I need you. I am praying for a new community who understand where I have come from. I don't feel as though I would fit into a really hard-core Christian community just yet. This is feeling fragile and I have questions, but I feel as though I have been gently guided toward this new path, I feel it in my heart, and I need some support. Can you relate? If so, please respond. I am new, as of this minute, to this forum, so I will check back. If you are in Northern CA and there is some sort of community here of ex-New Agers, I would SO like to know about it. Thank you. God bless. Love. Meredith

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi there - I was into the New Age deception for many years until, after 20 years (yes, 20) of deep research, and after seeing how entrenched in evil this world really is, I ran to the opposite, started reading about others who have fled to Jesus from the New Age, and after a few intensely vivid dreams that I could not ignore and proof that Jesus has an awesome sense of humor, I am finding my way. I REALLY want to find a community, at least online, if not locally (I unfortunately live in California now but I am dying to move out of this cesspool) of others who have seen the light and made their way out of the deception of all this New Age JUNK and toward the Beloved. I am really feeling very, very alone right now and facing losing all my friends. I need to establish a new support system to maintain my emotional sanity. If you can relate, PLEASE respond. I need you. I am praying for a new community who understand where I have come from. I don't feel as though I would fit into a really hard-core Christian community just yet. This is feeling fragile and I have questions, but I feel as though I have been gently guided toward this new path, I feel it in my heart, and I need some support. Can you relate? If so, please respond. I am new, as of this minute, to this forum, so I will check back. If you are in Northern CA and there is some sort of community here of ex-New Agers, I would SO like to know about it. Thank you. God bless. Love. Meredith
Welcome to CF! Take your journey slowly. There are folks on here who have been involved or have had family who have been involved with the New Age, and got out. God bless you, dear. For many of us, this is our only "Christian home".

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2019
SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you. I sometimes find myself hanging by a thread. I KNOW Jesus is the truth, but I feel so alone in this. I am so utterly broken by this world. I pray and pray and I feel silence. I am rather heartbroken. I need some support. Thank you.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. I sometimes find myself hanging by a thread. I KNOW Jesus is the truth, but I feel so alone in this. I am so utterly broken by this world. I pray and pray and I feel silence. I am rather heartbroken. I need some support. Thank you.
I know the feeling. Hang in there, Meredith. There are many good, grounded souls on here, and when you feel lost or shaky or troubled remember Christ calling to you; "follow Me".

Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2019
SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Meredith,

Isn't God good and merciful !!!

Count me in if I can be of help. See my testimonial thread here... Jesus's Ministry
Thank you, Carl and Grace - Any response is a parachute for me. I am at a critical stage in all of this. I am SO CONFUSED. I have questions, but I am pretty darned sure that this is right and I am called. I will relate how I got myself here and hope that others who were mired in the New Age can relate. I am encouraged by the likes of Doreen Virtue and Steven Bancarz coming out of all that and having had experiences similar to mine that brought them to Jesus. What confuses and hurts me is that I have called out to Jesus to be with me, talk to me, help me and I feel as though there as been little response of late. That hurts. I can't deal with the though of being abandoned by Jesus. That would finish me. I am sorry to sound so desperate but I kind of am.. I am so so so tired of the evil in this world that I pray to be delievred in my sleep every single night. I am so lonely roght now, being with friends that I TRULY love and listening to them go on about Gaia and following all these fringe paths, and one of them recently donned an Eye of Osiris ring! What am I supposed to do? I tell my friends about these dreams I have had, and experiences, and they smile and nod and I try, I REALLY TRY to gently witness to them but it's a tough room! Am I being a crappy Christian not to come right out and SAY IT? I am so afraid to lose all my friends. I am not strong as I have lived a very lonely life anyway, and now...? What is expected of me? I need support. Please help if you can. I so want to find a community if not an actual church of ex- New Agers in my area. Not likely - I am surrounded by tatooed, pierced throngs who would outright shun me and I amtoo much of a cowrd and too terrified of rejection to do it. I want to move to Idaho! Or somewhere where I would be welcomed and taken under wing in this newfound feeling. OK, enough for now. THANK YOU for this outlet. I feel better. Love.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes prioritize connecting with other believers regardless of the cost. It is all or nothing. You are being called out - can we talk about putting you whole life in His hands? receiving His Spirit within and being born again?

Upvote 0

KateforChrist

Koalas are NOT bears
Nov 18, 2019
Sydney
✟27,373.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
One thing to understand is that Christians lives by faith, not feelings.

Please note that I have not checked these out.

I did a google search for: from new age to christianity recovery group

New Age | Christians in Recovery®

From New Age To Christianity

trying to recover from the new-age movement

https://www.amazon.com/New-Age-Christianity-Melissa-Dougherty/dp/1976994314

I also did a search on YouTube for: from new age to Christianity

You might find it helpful listening to the experiences of other people in a similar situation to yours.

from new age to christianity - YouTube

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, Carl and Grace - Any response is a parachute for me. I am at a critical stage in all of this. I am SO CONFUSED. I have questions, but I am pretty darned sure that this is right and I am called. I will relate how I got myself here and hope that others who were mired in the New Age can relate. I am encouraged by the likes of Doreen Virtue and Steven Bancarz coming out of all that and having had experiences similar to mine that brought them to Jesus. What confuses and hurts me is that I have called out to Jesus to be with me, talk to me, help me and I feel as though there as been little response of late. That hurts. I can't deal with the though of being abandoned by Jesus. That would finish me. I am sorry to sound so desperate but I kind of am.. I am so so so tired of the evil in this world that I pray to be delievred in my sleep every single night. I am so lonely roght now, being with friends that I TRULY love and listening to them go on about Gaia and following all these fringe paths, and one of them recently donned an Eye of Osiris ring! What am I supposed to do? I tell my friends about these dreams I have had, and experiences, and they smile and nod and I try, I REALLY TRY to gently witness to them but it's a tough room! Am I being a crappy Christian not to come right out and SAY IT? I am so afraid to lose all my friends. I am not strong as I have lived a very lonely life anyway, and now...? What is expected of me? I need support. Please help if you can. I so want to find a community if not an actual church of ex- New Agers in my area. Not likely - I am surrounded by tatooed, pierced throngs who would outright shun me and I amtoo much of a cowrd and too terrified of rejection to do it. I want to move to Idaho! Or somewhere where I would be welcomed and taken under wing in this newfound feeling. OK, enough for now. THANK YOU for this outlet. I feel better. Love.
You are probably going to have to cut back on contact with these friends. You are in a very fragile and sensitive place right now as a new born Christian, and would be better helped by Christian friends. I hear that you may not have any right now. But be in touch with us here.

Jesus will never leave you or abandon you. He loves you so, so much. We don't always feel our walks, or feel His presence, but be assured that Christ is holding you, and loves you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

This is not a community (of people who have specifically come out of new age) but a link to free grace website.
Grace Evangelical Society | P.O. Box 1308, Denton, TX 76202

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2019
SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have asked, Carl - I have surrendered with my whole heart. I have thrown up my hands and said, " I can't do this anymore. I am asking you to take the wheel. I can't deal with this world or this life on my own anymore. Please show me the way." And I still have no clue why I am here or what to do next, where to go, where the money will come from for a move to a more SANE place - ???? . I am so sad and broken at this point. I am between 2 worlds. I love my friends so much and they are my family, since I have no living blood family anymore and I am not married and have no children. Am I expected to go through this all alone? Because that is how it is feeling, and frankly, it makes me really angry and rather desolate. I am a strong person, but I just don't know if I can handle this. I pray all the time for help and guidance. I know in a way that it will come. I have been rescued already by grace from suicide. I felt it so strongly. I am actually writing a book about it to help even just ONE person up from that dark well. But I have NEVER, after a very hard and lonely life, felt so alone as I feel right now and... sound of crickets. Except for a VERY funny answer to the question, " Please come now. Please - are you coming?" I got up from my desk after a heart-felt prayer of such and I heard the words of the Sam & Dave song, "Hold on... I'm coming.." and I chuckled. And then I got up to walk to the bedroom and I got the song in my head. " I'm a soul man..." and I just crumpled over and cracked up. He meets you where you are and I LOVE Motown. I thought that was hilarious and I laugh every time I think of it now. I love Him! He KNOWS me. He is my friend. It's PERSONAL. I know this. I just am so heartbroken for so many reasons - I just want Him to talk to me again and I hear NOTHING. It hurts. I need Him right now. What do I do beyond incessant asking? This is such a critical juncture. Sometimes I lose faith and get angry and feel so rejected and ignored, but then I remember the dreams and this personal, humorous connection.. and I hold on. I need Him so much right now. I feel like I am between 2 worlds. Does anyone relate? Am I going crazy? I wish He would come to me and reassure me that I will not be alone in this, even more than I already am. I want to relate that I am not a needy, cloying person, I have been through A LOT, and I am strong, but I am getting older (63) and I feel my strength waning. I am trying so hard. Thank God for resources like this. Thank you for responding. It's a life line. Fragile time. Love.

Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2019
SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have asked, Carl - I have surrendered with my whole heart. I have thrown up my hands and said, " I can't do this anymore. I am asking you to take the wheel. I can't deal with this world or this life on my own anymore. Please show me the way." And I still have no clue why I am here or what to do next, where to go, where the money will come from for a move to a more SANE place - ???? . I am so sad and broken at this point. I am between 2 worlds. I love my friends so much and they are my family, since I have no living blood family anymore and I am not married and have no children. Am I expected to go through this all alone? Because that is how it is feeling, and frankly, it makes me really angry and rather desolate. I am a strong person, but I just don't know if I can handle this. I pray all the time for help and guidance. I know in a way that it will come. I have been rescued already by grace from suicide. I felt it so strongly. I am actually writing a book about it to help even just ONE person up from that dark well. But I have NEVER, after a very hard and lonely life, felt so alone as I feel right now and... sound of crickets. Except for a VERY funny answer to the question, " Please come now. Please - are you coming?" I got up from my desk after a heart-felt prayer of such and I heard the words of the Sam & Dave song, "Hold on... I'm coming.." and I chuckled. And then I got up to walk to the bedroom and I got the song in my head. " I'm a soul man..." and I just crumpled over and cracked up. He meets you where you are and I LOVE Motown. I thought that was hilarious and I laugh every time I think of it now. I love Him! He KNOWS me. He is my friend. It's PERSONAL. I know this. I just am so heartbroken for so many reasons - I just want Him to talk to me again and I hear NOTHING. It hurts. I need Him right now. What do I do beyond incessant asking? This is such a critical juncture. Sometimes I lose faith and get angry and feel so rejected and ignored, but then I remember the dreams and this personal, humorous connection.. and I hold on. I need Him so much right now. I feel like I am between 2 worlds. Does anyone relate? Am I going crazy? I wish He would come to me and reassure me that I will not be alone in this, even more than I already am. I want to relate that I am not a needy, cloying person, I have been through A LOT, and I am strong, but I am getting older (63) and I feel my strength waning. I am trying so hard. Thank God for resources like this. Thank you for responding. It's a life line. Fragile time. Love.

OK I had to walk a similar walk, lonely, yet without Him what do we have?

Keep firing you questions. We are with you.

Fellowship
Read the Word

Remember - surrender to Him is surrender to a God of order so no freak out.

Listen to some Lauren Daigle...

Keep praise in the background.

We are an answer to your prayer.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, D Taylor - I have investigated Flat Earth and I have seen from planes with my own eyes that water and horizon remain flat even from 30,000 feet. Lots of research remains, but I know how deeply we have been deceived. Thank you. Love.

Hey Meredith any questions feel free to send a message. The Bible does support a very different creation than what our gov/scientist have made the majority of the population believe.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 5, 2019
some place of West
✟10,805.00
Country
Spain
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Hi Meredith. If you are looking for the guide to the Truth then you will find it. I will soon publish 99 topics with evidence for the Divine Illumination.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Meredith,
welcome to BF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

hello-2.gif

e9f4768a1fa694b7c94c26c5e81e3366.gif

Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2019
SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
One thing to understand is that Christians lives by faith, not feelings.

Please note that I have not checked these out.

I did a google search for: from new age to christianity recovery group

New Age | Christians in Recovery®

From New Age To Christianity

trying to recover from the new-age movement

https://www.amazon.com/New-Age-Christianity-Melissa-Dougherty/dp/1976994314

I also did a search on YouTube for: from new age to Christianity

You might find it helpful listening to the experiences of other people in a similar situation to yours.

from new age to christianity - YouTube

Thank you very much for this, Kate. I wish there was an easy way to contact some of these folks. I don't do Facebook so I can't do it that way. But it's helpful for me to see these videos. I heard about Doreen Virtue and Steven Bancarz this way, but I hadn't heard about Melissa Dogherty. Thanks very much. Love.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Dec 15, 2019
SanFrancisco
✟7,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
OK I had to walk a similar walk, lonely, yet without Him what do we have?

Keep firing you questions. We are with you.

Fellowship
Read the Word

Remember - surrender to Him is surrender to a God of order so no freak out.

Listen to some Lauren Daigle...

Keep praise in the background.

We are an answer to your prayer.

Thanks, Carl. Well... I have A LOT of questions, more than I think would be practical to type back and forth here. There are things that don't seem right to me, that seem cruel and unfair, but recently I read something that made a lot of this make more sense, so that's good. I will look into Lauren Daigle, thanks. Thank you, everyone. Bless you and love.

• Friendly
Upvote 0