TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 20:5-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

So even the dead live again, will be resurrected, but not to life, if there name is not written in the Lamb's book of Life.

5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

In "the first resurrection", "the dead in Christ rise first"...

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first... 1 Thessalonians 4:16
After the first resurrection, there will come the Great Tribulation when multitudes will die. After this there will be another resurrection of those who have accepted the covenant of Christ, been given eternal life, and promised a resurrection will stand before the Lord. These are the "Tribulation Saints" and also those who accepted the covenant, but received the mark of the beast and are damned. The dead remain dead, having "perished" under the curse of death that Adam brought into the world and were not given "eternal life" from Christ.

Rev 3 is a warning to the churches...

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

There will be those who have accepted Christ (Jesus called as part of the "church") that will be left behind after the first resurrection. They have the opportunity to "overcome", be tried by fire, be clothed in white raiment, hiding the "shame of their nakedness (sin), and sit down on the throne with Jesus, provided they "overcome".

Those who have accepted the covenant, been given eternal life, but do not "overcome", but rather have accepted the "mark of the beast", are raise to damnation.

6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

The "second death"? Yes, there is a second death for those who have been given a "second life", having been born again. They will be resurrected in the first resurrection "blessed and holy" as the church of Philadelphia, having pleased the Lord and have escaped the wrath to come.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Rev 3​

So even the dead live again, will be resurrected, but not to life, if there name is not written in the Lamb's book of Life.

All those who have received the covenant of Christ will be resurrected. Some will enter his kingdom and their "inheritance", and others will be shocked to hear Jesus say, "Depart from Me..."

Everyone who receives the covenant has their name written in the Lamb's book of Life. They are then part of the "the church".

Remember that Jesus is speaking to the churches! Let he that has an ear hear...

3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

"I will not blot out his name out of the book of life"? In order for someone to be in the Lamb's book of Life, he must have received "the Lamb's" blood, and has then become part of the covenant and "church", to whom the angel of the Lord is saying...

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would need to explain why some had thier names wirtten in this book and some did not .

Revelation 20:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It is unfortunate that we Christians have been telling the unsaved, including those who have never heard the gospel, that they will burn in hell for all eternity. There are millions upon millions who have lived and died, never having heard the gospel, and we say that it is "just" for God to assign them to hell forever, although they had no chance of being saved.

Well-meaning Christians will jump all over this post, believing that they are actually defending God and His word, even though they are not. At the same time, they perpetuate the lie that he is an unjust monster, creating humans destined for hell unless they receive the Savior, most of whom never hear a word about, until they arrive at judgment when it's too late.

If you would like to hear the whole story of a good and just God and have a true explanation of an essential question, go to www.WhoGoesToHell.com for a brief video summary and the readable study online.

When Adam ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he brought two things into the world.

1. "Death" because he disobeyed God.

2. "The knowledge of good and evil" because he ate from the tree that imparted that knowledge.​

Since we have been given the knowledge of good and evil, we can determine what is "good" from what is "evil", and what is "just" from what is "unjust".

The scenario

A man, "John", was driving his car through various towns on his journey. He unknowingly crossed an unmarked town line. A town police officer pulled him over, telling him that he was going 30 MPH in a 29 MPH zone. John said that there were no signs indicating that the speed limit was 29 MPH and that he was only 1 MPH over the limit, even if there were signs (and there were none).

The officer said, I am not the judge, you are under arrest. John was brought before the judge.

John pleaded with the judge saying that there were actually no signs indicating the speed limit, and had there been signs, he would have obeyed.

The judge sentenced him to life in prison with no possibility of appeal or parole.

QUESTION: Is this "Just" or "Unjust" sentencing?​

(This is where Christians jump in to defend God's honor, when in reality, they are defending a doctrine that paints him as an unjust monster.)

Traditional Christian doctrine says that anyone who does not receive Jesus as Savior, even if they never even had the opportunity to hear a single word of the gospel, will burn in hell for all eternity.

Here is what Jesus said...

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3)​

Jesus says that there are two possibilities, "perish" (death as a consequence of Adam's sin) or "everlasting life", life that only Jesus can give.

Jesus "saves" us from death and gives us "everlasting life". That is "salvation". That happens when we accept his sacrifice and exchange our "mortality" for "immortality".

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
(1 Corinthians 15)​

Those who have never heard the gospel "perish" and return to the dust because they were not able to "put on immortality", never having heard of the Savior or his good news covenant.

God's judgment upon Adam (and the world because of Adam)...

17 To the man he said: Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, You shall not eat from it,

Cursed is the ground because of you!
In toil you shall eat its yield
all the days of your life.
18 Thorns and thistles it shall bear for you,
and you shall eat the grass of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you shall eat bread,
Until you return to the ground,
from which you were taken;
For you are dust,
and to dust you shall return.

There is no mention of being resurrected into an eternal existence and being sentenced to hell for all eternity. That is a far greater incentive to obey had Adam been warned...

Then... It is only after we have entered the covenant and have been born again by the spirit can we "strive to enter" our promised "inheritance" which has conditions of entry. These conditions are the expectations of the "Lord" over his "servants", those to whom he has given "salvation" and a promised place that they must value and possess. See the parable of the Treasure hidden in a field, the pearl of great price, the parable of the talents, and others...

Most of the parables are illustrations of those who "enter the kingdom of heaven" having met the Lord's reasonable expectations and those who fail to meet them and are cast out. The "servants" who fail to meet his clearly defined expectations of their "Lord" are sent somewhere... Outer darkness where there will be gnashing of teeth in every case.

Examine the relationships in the following parable. All three individuals are defined as "servants" of the same "Lord". Their Lord comes to "settle accounts" with his servants. In order to be a "servant" of the "Lord", you must receive the covenant that only Jesus offers. Then, and only then, will there be an expectation of the Lord for "productivity"...

The Parable of the Talents

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, you knew that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25

These "servants" have been given eternal life. They have "put on immortality". They can never die. They go to where eternal beings like Satan and the rebellious angels under judgment go... Hell.

Those who do not accept the covenant of everlasting life from Jesus, whether they have heard of it or not, "perish", just as Jesus said they will.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3)​

Those who receive his covenant are given eternal life and will be asked by "their Lord" to demonstrate that they have valued the kingdom promised "inheritance" that was theirs to "enter", when their Lord comes to settle accounts with His "servants".

The parables reveal the mystery of the "requirements" to possess what the Lord has purchased for those who receive his covenant of "salvation" from death and promise of and "inheritance", the kingdom of heaven...

Take a look for a complete understanding: www.WhoGoesToHell.com

The original gospel was salvation by faith not "Christ and him crucified". So many more are saved outside of the compromised religion of Christianity. And hell doesn't exist, there is either life or death.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is indeed unfortunate that many Protestant churches treat potential Christians in that manner. However, the original and true Christian Church, which includes well over half of all Christians, most certainly does not.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God justly and righteous sends people to Hell as punishment for their sins, not because they have not heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If a person says people go to Hell solely for not hearing the gospel, that is not Biblical. They go to Hell because their sins against the Holy God are unforgiven.

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would need to explain why some had their names written in this book and some did not .

Revelation 20:14-15 King James Version (KJV)
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

I explained this exactly in an earlier reply. Actually, Jesus explains it to the "churches"...

Rev 3 is a warning to the churches...

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

There will be those who have accepted Christ (Jesus called as part of the "church") that will be left behind after the first resurrection. They have the opportunity to "overcome", be tried by fire, be clothed in white raiment, hiding the "shame of their nakedness (sin), and sit down on the throne with Jesus, provided they "overcome".

Those who have accepted the covenant, been given eternal life, but do not "overcome", but rather have accepted the "mark of the beast", are raise to damnation.

The "second death"? Yes, there is a second death for those who have been given a "second life", having been born again. They will be resurrected in the first resurrection "blessed and holy" as the church of Philadelphia, having pleased the Lord and have escaped the wrath to come.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. Rev 3​

All those who have received the covenant of Christ will be resurrected. Some will enter his kingdom and their "inheritance", and others will be shocked to hear Jesus say, "Depart from Me..."

Everyone who receives the covenant has their name written in the Lamb's book of Life. They are then part of the "the church".

Remember that Jesus is speaking to the churches! Let he that has an ear hear...

3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

"I will not blot out his name out of the book of life"? In order for someone to be in the Lamb's book of Life, he must have received "the Lamb's" blood, and has then become part of the covenant and "church", to whom the angel of the Lord is saying...

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is indeed unfortunate that many Protestant churches treat potential Christians in that manner. However, the original and true Christian Church, which includes well over half of all Christians, most certainly does not.

Do you even understand what is being presented?

Please answer these two questions:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)​

Jesus said everyone would “perish” unless he gave us an “everlasting” life, a life that does not perish.

Since we know that all who live, will perish biologically being mortal, then we know that Jesus was not talking about perishing biologically (since even those who believe in him still perish biologically).

Question: If Jesus was not speaking about the body perishing, then what exactly will “perish” (Defined as: die, lose life, come to nothing, depart wholly) if he does not give “everlasting” life?

Question: If everyone continues to live on “eternally” after the death of their body in heaven or hell forever, then what exactly does Jesus give that is “everlasting”, that those who “perish”, do not receive?​

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God justly and righteous sends people to Hell as punishment for their sins, not because they have not heard the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If a person says people go to Hell solely for not hearing the gospel, that is not Biblical. They go to Hell because their sins against the Holy God are unforgiven.

Please answer these two questions:

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)​

Jesus said everyone would “perish” unless he gave us an “everlasting” life, a life that does not perish.

Since we know that all who live, will perish biologically being mortal, then we know that Jesus was not talking about perishing biologically (since even those who believe in him still perish biologically).

Question: If Jesus was not speaking about the body perishing, then what exactly will “perish” (Defined as: die, lose life, come to nothing, depart wholly) if he does not give “everlasting” life?

Question: If everyone continues to live on “eternally” after the death of their body in heaven or hell forever, then what exactly does Jesus give that is “everlasting”, that those who “perish”, do not receive?​

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is unfortunate that we Christians have been telling the unsaved, including those who have never heard the gospel, that they will burn in hell for all eternity. There are millions upon millions who have lived and died, never having heard the gospel, and we say that it is "just" for God to assign them to hell forever, although they had no chance of being saved....

I think Bible has good scriptures about this:

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:12-16

It is possible that person can be counted righteous, even if he has not heard of Jesus. And as it is said, righteous will have eternal life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Unfortunately, there seems to be many “Christian” that are like in this:

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will tell me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?' Then I will tell them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'
Matt. 7:21-23

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Adam disobeyed a request from God.
His decision to do what he knew was wrong
is the knowledge of good and evil.

New International Version
If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them.

New Living Translation
Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

English Standard Version
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Berean Study Bible
Therefore, whoever knows the right thing to do, yet fails to do it, is guilty of sin.

You realize of course that James is speaking to believers. right? Yet you quote only the last sentence of his admonishing believers?

4 What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? 2 You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. 4 You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you suppose it is to no purpose that the Scripture says, “He yearns jealously over the spirit that he has made to dwell in us”? 6 But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” 7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

11 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— 14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. James 4​

Here is what happens to those who have accepted the blood of Christ in covenant and go on sinning willfully as James has warned above...

26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge His people.” 31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God. Hebres 10​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is unfortunate that we Christians have been telling the unsaved, including those who have never heard the gospel, that they will burn in hell for all eternity. There are millions upon millions who have lived and died, never having heard the gospel, and we say that it is "just" for God to assign them to hell forever, although they had no chance of being saved.

Well-meaning Christians will jump all over this post, believing that they are actually defending God and His word, even though they are not. At the same time, they perpetuate the lie that he is an unjust monster, creating humans destined for hell unless they receive the Savior, most of whom never hear a word about, until they arrive at judgment when it's too late.

If you would like to hear the whole story of a good and just God and have a true explanation of an essential question, go to www.WhoGoesToHell.com for a brief video summary and the readable study online.

When Adam ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he brought two things into the world.

1. "Death" because he disobeyed God.

2. "The knowledge of good and evil" because he ate from the tree that imparted that knowledge.​

Since we have been given the knowledge of good and evil, we can determine what is "good" from what is "evil", and what is "just" from what is "unjust".

The scenario

A man, "John", was driving his car through various towns on his journey. He unknowingly crossed an unmarked town line. A town police officer pulled him over, telling him that he was going 30 MPH in a 29 MPH zone. John said that there were no signs indicating that the speed limit was 29 MPH and that he was only 1 MPH over the limit, even if there were signs (and there were none).

The officer said, I am not the judge, you are under arrest. John was brought before the judge.

John pleaded with the judge saying that there were actually no signs indicating the speed limit, and had there been signs, he would have obeyed.

The judge sentenced him to life in prison with no possibility of appeal or parole.

QUESTION: Is this "Just" or "Unjust" sentencing?​

(This is where Christians jump in to defend God's honor, when in reality, they are defending a doctrine that paints him as an unjust monster.)

Traditional Christian doctrine says that anyone who does not receive Jesus as Savior, even if they never even had the opportunity to hear a single word of the gospel, will burn in hell for all eternity.

Here is what Jesus said...

Jesus says that there are two possibilities, "perish" (death as a consequence of Adam's sin) or "everlasting life", life that only Jesus can give.

Jesus "saves" us from death and gives us "everlasting life". That is "salvation". That happens when we accept his sacrifice and exchange our "mortality" for "immortality".

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
(1 Corinthians 15)​

Those who have never heard the gospel "perish" and return to the dust because they were not able to "put on immortality", never having heard of the Savior or his good news covenant.

God's judgment upon Adam (and the world because of Adam)...

17 To the man he said: Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, You shall not eat from it,

Cursed is the ground because of you!
In toil you shall eat its yield
all the days of your life.
18 Thorns and thistles it shall bear for you,
and you shall eat the grass of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you shall eat bread,
Until you return to the ground,
from which you were taken;
For you are dust,
and to dust you shall return.

There is no mention of being resurrected into an eternal existence and being sentenced to hell for all eternity. That is a far greater incentive to obey had Adam been warned...

Then... It is only after we have entered the covenant and have been born again by the spirit can we "strive to enter" our promised "inheritance" which has conditions of entry. These conditions are the expectations of the "Lord" over his "servants", those to whom he has given "salvation" and a promised place that they must value and possess. See the parable of the Treasure hidden in a field, the pearl of great price, the parable of the talents, and others...

Most of the parables are illustrations of those who "enter the kingdom of heaven" having met the Lord's reasonable expectations and those who fail to meet them and are cast out. The "servants" who fail to meet his clearly defined expectations of their "Lord" are sent somewhere... Outer darkness where there will be gnashing of teeth in every case.

Examine the relationships in the following parable. All three individuals are defined as "servants" of the same "Lord". Their Lord comes to "settle accounts" with his servants. In order to be a "servant" of the "Lord", you must receive the covenant that only Jesus offers. Then, and only then, will there be an expectation of the Lord for "productivity"...

The Parable of the Talents

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, you knew that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 25

These "servants" have been given eternal life. They have "put on immortality". They can never die. They go to where eternal beings like Satan and the rebellious angels under judgment go... Hell.

Those who do not accept the covenant of everlasting life from Jesus, whether they have heard of it or not, "perish", just as Jesus said they will.

Those who receive his covenant are given eternal life and will be asked by "their Lord" to demonstrate that they have valued the kingdom promised "inheritance" that was theirs to "enter", when their Lord comes to settle accounts with His "servants".

The parables reveal the mystery of the "requirements" to possess what the Lord has purchased for those who receive his covenant of "salvation" from death and promise of and "inheritance", the kingdom of heaven...

Take a look for a complete understanding: www.WhoGoesToHell.com
You think by the multitude of your words you are right, or at least, we must think you are right. Universal salvation arguments are a waste of time. The Great Commission is to preach the Gospel. Trying to convince other believers that are already saved that their understanding is wrong detracts from the Great Commission.

Unfortunately, your Gospel is another gospel.

Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Elsewhere it does read that sin only follows the law. So yes, it wouldn't apply to non-believers. But it would be informative for future believers.

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You think by the multitude of your words you are right, or at least, we must think you are right. Universal salvation arguments are a waste of time. The Great Commission is to preach the Gospel. Trying to convince other believers that are already saved that their understanding is wrong detracts from the Great Commission.

Unfortunately, your Gospel is another gospel.

Gal_1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Not very "noble" of you...

Rather than take the time to refute with scripture what has been respectfully presented for examination and discussion, you must "think you are right" as you say about me.

10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17​

Important issues for examination and discussion are not for the lazy and indoctrinated.

If the explanation of this understanding is too long for you to bother to hear, then can you try to answer only two questions?

Upvote 0

TogetherInHim

Site Supporter
May 23, 2014
✟59,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elsewhere it does read that sin only follows the law. So yes, it wouldn't apply to non-believers. But it would be informative for future believers.

The "law" is given only to those who enter the covenant of the "law". No covenant, no law. No covenant, only "death" under the consequence of Adam's sin.

The new covenant is freedom from the consequences of "death" that Adam brought upon the world and an "inheritance" also purchased, that we must "strive to enter"...

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not very "noble" of you...

Rather than take the time to refute with scripture what has been respectfully presented for examination and discussion, you must "think you are right" as you say about me.

10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Acts 17​

Important issues for examination and discussion are not for the lazy and indoctrinated.

If the explanation of this understanding is too long for you to bother to hear, then can you try to answer only two questions?

As much as people like to argue and flex their intellectual muscle, the Gospel is a door to a relationship. Relationships are built on trust, which is the experience of faith. If a person does not hear the Gospel, they will not go through the door. Universal salvation proponents perform linguistic gymnastics, and I have no interest in it.

Those who do not hear the Gospel but want to hear it will hear it. Those who end up in the Lake of Fire are those who never wanted to know the Lord. The Great Commission is so those who want to hear will hear it. But the seed is to be broadcast upon all ground so it may take root in the good soil.

Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

As for me, the doctrine does not bear witness in my spirit. Intellectual arguments do not change the sense I have in my spirit, and my spirit is joined to the Holy Spirit. If He bore witness in my spirit that the doctrine was true, I would embrace, but He does not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I think Bible has good scriptures about this:

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:12-16

It is possible that person can be counted righteous, even if he has not heard of Jesus. And as it is said, righteous will have eternal life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Unfortunately, there seems to be many “Christian” that are like in this:

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will tell me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, in your name cast out demons, and in your name do many mighty works?' Then I will tell them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you who work iniquity.'
Matt. 7:21-23
Yes! I trawled through all the posts seeing if anyone got around to quoting Romans 2. And you quoted it. It explains clearly the situation for those who have never heard the gospel. They will be judged on the basis of their own consciences. If they sinned against their own conscience, then they will be judged as sinners, because their consciences would be the equivalent of the law of God to them.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Eternal life is life with God. Hell has degrees of punishment, but is separation from God.

John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 3:16 also answers the question, "Whoever believes in Him shall not perish". It requires a belief in Him not to perish. It doesn't say, "God so loved the world that no one will perish." Sorry, but if you didn't believe in Christ, you will perish. And that's why Christians are out there, in the streets, preaching the gospel throughout the world.

It's reality. It's like saying, "Don't stick your finger in the socket or you'll get shocked!" Shouldn't we warn the unbelievers?

John 3:16 shows us that the product of faith in Christ is that we will gain eternal life. It however does not tell us that absence of this knowledge or not having opportunity to believe immediately results in perishing. It can be argued that it is implied in the text but it is still not explicitly stated.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

That is not now nor has it ever been any part of Christianity.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Perish as being cast into eternal Hell.

Question: If everyone continues to live on “eternally” after the death of their body in heaven or hell forever, then what exactly does Jesus give that is “everlasting”, that those who “perish”, do not receive?

Those who are saved by Jesus Christ are given eternal life in God's glorious presence.

• Agree
Upvote 0