Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I never had a real relationship and I am likely to remain that way. When I was younger I dreamed of getting a girlfriend, and getting married and having children. Yet I have not been on many dates and even if I go on dates it rarely goes to the second date.

I rarely get any messengers on single sites from women. Yet when I was younger there were many women that were attracted to me, yet I was too scared to make the move.

I have prayed for the Lord to provide me a Girlfriend and a wife. Yet as I am getting older I feel my destiny is being single and it is sad.

Are people like me just destined to be single for the rest of our lives?

If it is then I rather die before I really get old.

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I don't think you are necessarily going to remain single.

I am talking as someone who has never married, and though had relationships in my earlier days (I'm 61), strangely enough I always had the thought I would never marry and it didn't worry me. Becoming Christian at 27, I then was sure that was going to be the case and it worked out God had other things planned that I could not have done had I been married.

You are very different from me, as you would like a partner and I would just say to keep on praying, and don't give up if this is your wish. One thing to remember is that being a Christian it is important that your partner is also, so this something to take into account.

I do think that for most people it is good to have a partner and I believe that is what God wants for most of His children--not all, but most.
However don't settle just for the sake of it either.
God bless you and may His will be done.:)

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
It may be of little comfort, but you are not alone. I am in my 60's and have had only one "halfway serious" relationship that lasted about 7 months. I gave up trying long ago, probably at about age 40. Are some of us destined to be single for the rest of our lives? I am not sure what you mean by the word "destined", but the facts speak for themselves. Some Christians and some non-Christians remain single their entire life, despite all their efforts and all their prayers to the contrary.

Hence, what hope do some of us have? Quite frankly, I am hoping against hope that I will get a wife in Heaven or at least a companion. Regardless, if Heaven is as wonderful as we hope, then I guess we will either get a wife or companion there or it will not matter to us. God bless you.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It may be of little comfort, but you are not alone. I am in my 60's and have had only one "halfway serious" relationship that lasted about 7 months. I gave up trying long ago, probably at about age 40. Are some of us destined to be single for the rest of our lives? I am not sure what you mean by the word "destined", but the facts speak for themselves. Some Christians and some non-Christians remain single their entire life, despite all their efforts and all their prayers to the contrary.

Hence, what hope do some of us have? Quite frankly, I am hoping against hope that I will get a wife in Heaven or at least a companion. Regardless, if Heaven is as wonderful as we hope, then I guess we will either get a wife or companion there or it will not matter to us. God bless you.

Jesus said that there is no marriage in heaven. Mark 12:25.

Most importantly, we will lack nothing though and will be in the presence of not only God Himself but all Christians and will have all the company we could ever wish for.

It will be wonderful! :)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟838,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't give up. I have known people our age who find someone and get married. It's not unusual.

I wish I could share some of my experience with you. There are worse things than not being in a relationship, like being in a horrible one. I have never felt so lonely as I did in a relationship where I wasn't loved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Say, you Australian posters, I just saw a piece on the news here in the U.S. about all your terrible wild fires. I seem to recall that this is becoming a trend down under, just like in the American West in recent years.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pope66
Upvote 0

Rebecca4Christ

Servant
Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2019
Central U.S.
✟129,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
First off,I highly recommend praying God's will be done in your life in ALL areas every day.How do you know exactly what His will is? Doesn't matter.Just tell Him,not MY will be done,but THY will be done.Tell Him (He already knows) how much you long for a godly wife.Then ask Him if it is also HIS will for you to have one,to bring you some to choose from and embolden you to pursue the one you like the most.
"Yet when I was younger there were many women that were attracted to me, yet I was too scared to make the move."
There was probably one in there...and you didn't do your part.You can't expect God to prop a wife up on your front porch with a ribbon around her head can you?
As far as dating sites go,from what I've seen they are scams.You are better off in church,singles groups,this forum....just put yourself out there!

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Say, you Australian posters, I just saw a piece on the news here in the U.S. about all your terrible wild fires. I seem to recall that this is becoming a trend down under, just like in the American West in recent years.
Yes and the fires have lasted for over a month here and little sign of rain coming up soon.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I never had a real relationship and I am likely to remain that way. When I was younger I dreamed of getting a girlfriend, and getting married and having children. Yet I have not been on many dates and even if I go on dates it rarely goes to the second date.

I rarely get any messengers on single sites from women. Yet when I was younger there were many women that were attracted to me, yet I was too scared to make the move.

I have prayed for the Lord to provide me a Girlfriend and a wife. Yet as I am getting older I feel my destiny is being single and it is sad.

Not to sound misogynistic but we have feminism to thank for some of us gents who remain single for long dry spells....women no longer yearn for a partner the way a msn does

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I went through a long period of singleness in the past. My friends were instrumental in helping me navigate dating when I decided to begin once more. I can’t stress the importance of having wise people in your corner who’ll encourage, counsel, and help you examine potential partners.

Although I haven’t experienced this to the degree you mentioned, the gap created problems during a period when most my age were partnered and gaining experience. I was very naive and they were a welcome buffer.

My outlook was positive. I didn’t see the angles and pitfalls. But they educated me and I learned my share on my own. The two qualities I would look for in a prospect are patience and honesty.

You need someone who’s willing to move at your pace who won’t make you feel inept because of your inexperience. In the meantime, healthy friendships with happy couples are a must.

You don’t need anyone filling your head with nonsense and jaded rhetoric. Ask them for constructive feedback on your personality, appearance, and conversation. Get input from both sexes.

Long periods of unattachment can foster insecurities. Join a Toastmaster group and do the exercises for both tracks. You’ll enhance your leadership skills and improve your communication. You’ll meet others and makes a few friends while you’re there.

If you don’t have a hobby this is a great time to pursue things of interest. Don’t forget physical fitness and good health. Investing in a better you improves your appeal and increases your quality of life.

While you’re working on you, check out Dating Divas. They have great ideas for dates and fun ways to spend quality time with your partner. You’ll have several ideas in hand as you meet others.

In case you’re wondering, I practice what I preach. :p

2018 was busy and I dated a lot. I needed a break the following year. But I’m ready to start again. I revamped my look and raised the bar on my appearance. I’m taking sewing classes, going to Toastmasters, volunteering with a global organization with black tie events, expanding my social network, and relentlessly pursuing my purpose.

Desire is nice but you need to give them a reason to say yes. And that must relate to their needs and values. You ask yourself what you’re adding to their life and how it will improve with your presence.

Dating enables us to answer that question. Some opt for courtship in its place or intentional friendships. Through our interactions we make a value assessment. We’re determining whether their presence is unforgettable..irreplaceable...and worthy of a lifelong commitment.

Women haven’t given up. We’re more self-aware than in the past. We’re not waiting to be rescued or hindered by limiting thoughts and outlooks. We strive for holism and seek to nurture every facet of our person.

This is difficult for those whose ideals pigeonhole the fairer sex. And it doesn’t account for their gifts and talents. Divine attributes the Lord bestowed that have their intended use.

And if you keep that principle in mind: mutual growth and betterment. You’ll receive the fruit of your labor.

Good luck and don’t lose hope. :)

~Bella

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm 30 and I'm doomed to the same fate. Medical issues are a large part of it... You can't tell by looking at me that I have them but they are there.... I haven't fully come to peace with it but I'm getting there that my dreams are just that; dreams.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,242.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
My advice is to try to move away from the mindset that success in life is defined as being married and having a family. It is a difficult thing to to do because there can be pressure to end up that way, either from society in general or from family and friends, and it's not helped by seeing other people get married and have children.

But relationships involve other people which is something you can't control, so rather look to what you can control and what you might consider as being a success in your life. Just what that might be is going to differ from person to person but it could be things like owning your own home, writing a book, running a marathon, travelling somewhere you've always wanted to. The key thing is to figure out what it is for you and start taking steps to achieving that.

And it needn't necessarily be something grandiose. For somebody success could be living comfortably i.e. being able to pay their bills, save enough for retirement, and still have sufficient disposable income left over, as that's something a lot of people aren't able to manage.

Obviously, this isn't necessarily going to change the longing for a spouse and family, but it's all about changing what you focus on, and if that focus is something other than lamenting about romantic failures it is going to lead to a better state of mind and quality of life.

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
My advice is to try to move away from the mindset that success in life is defined as being married and having a family. It is a difficult thing to do because there can be pressure to end up that way, either from society in general or from family and friends, and it's not helped by seeing other people get married and have children.

For somebody success could be living comfortably i.e. being able to pay their bills, save enough for retirement, and still have sufficient disposable income left over, as that's something a lot of people aren't able to manage.

I would agree with pretty much all of this. I personally have made valid efforts to change that mindset and focus on my career which has resulted in me being a workaholic. I do have a peace of mind that I can be comfortable in my life because of it though. Trying not to focus on what is missing from life is often hard though.... I've been to so many weddings these past couple of years.... including my YOUNGER brother's just last month

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Hi, instead of wishing for death why don't you seek friendship from people or grow closer to God? healthy platonic friendships will help you take your mind off loneliness

"Seek ye first his kingdom and righteousness and every other thing will be added unto you'

God loves you so much, do you spend time meditating on his word?, if you're not doing this, please start. The word of God is to encourage, give you hope and build your faith.

I will encourage you to build intimacy with God, it will help you feel a lot better and cope with whatever you're going through presently, God bless

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would agree with pretty much all of this. I personally have made valid efforts to change that mindset and focus on my career which has resulted in me being a workaholic. I do have a peace of mind that I can be comfortable in my life because of it though. Trying not to focus on what is missing from life is often hard though.... I've been to so many weddings these past couple of years.... including my YOUNGER brother's just last month

The bolded...I'd rather eat shards of glass. If I had to choose to "focus" on anything, it'd be NON-work related like my after hours personal hobbies/activities.

I've always wondered what someone meant by "focusing" on their career. You work x amount of hours, come home...you have time off. Maybe weekends, if you're a govt worker, spend time with your friends or spend time with your hobbies (much better than career focus)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've always wondered what someone meant by "focusing" on their career.

Some people are content with their place on the ladder and others want to climb it. There’s nothing wrong with either approach. People often tie goals to time frames in their lives which coincide with major events (marriage, pregnancy, retirement, etc.)

It is far easier to devote your energy to growth when you don’t have the responsibilities of marriage and family that reduce your time. And there’s also the reality that some are doing the things they love and it doesn’t feel like work at all.

~Bella

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people are content with their place on the ladder and others want to climb it. There’s nothing wrong with either approach. People often tie goals to time frames in their lives which coincide with major events (marriage, pregnancy, retirement, etc.)

It is far easier to devote your energy to growth when you don’t have the responsibilities of marriage and family that reduce your time. And there’s also the reality that some are doing the things they love and it doesn’t feel like work at all.

~Bella

Yeah, but the thing is....I find I meet a lot of women that...I'm not sure if they are pretending to be busy, or being busy for the sake of being busy or just for the main purpose of keeping their minds off of not having a sig. other.

I'd just roll my eyes when I'd get into a conversation when I'd ask something banal as "So was work" and they'd launch into this long diatribe of how busy they are and they are working 80 hrs a week....UNPAID overtime. Chances are, they are working themselves into a major lay off, mergers and company restructuring occurs all the time in this climate, so I don't see the mad dash to impress the boss. That said, they'd wind up starting from square one again.

I know a post office worker that's a mail sorter, makes about 80K a year (but it's hourly, LARGE hourly rate) and they let her do over time, and she's just socking it away.

But...there are no career goals on her mind whatsoever, just socking it all away for retirement. At least she's getting paid time and a half or double time.

Not sure if that makes any sense, but I simply cannot relate to those people. I guess being a government worker (where overtime is disallowed) compared to people like them is like night and day.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, but the thing is....I find I meet a lot of women that...I'm not sure if they are pretending to be busy, or being busy for the sake of being busy or just for the main purpose of keeping their minds off of not having a sig. other.

I think you’re going too far in your analysis. :)

Let’s talk about your comfort zone. You value quality time and want a companion you can build a life with. You’re most fulfilled when that person is available and able to provide the time and attention you seek. And you’ll give her the same.

Because you’re presence based. Money, success, and material goods aren’t worthy of absence from one another. You’ll accept less to have more of her.

The women I’ve encountered with that mindset are usually drawn to simplicity, minimalism, and slow living. They’re looking for balance. Quality time and experiences are more important.

~Bella

Reactions: Augustinosia
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
The bolded...I'd rather eat shards of glass. If I had to choose to "focus" on anything, it'd be NON-work related like my after hours personal hobbies/activities.

I've always wondered what someone meant by "focusing" on their career. You work x amount of hours, come home...you have time off. Maybe weekends, if you're a govt worker, spend time with your friends or spend time with your hobbies (much better than career focus)

I happen to be a videographer and video engineer. Self employed. I film concerts, depositions, corporate shows, documentaries and so on. It's my passion. I actually make a living doing what I love. I do not have a set schedule EVER.... each week is different and some I work 15 straight days all 10-15 hour shifts. I do spend spare time on hobbies I love like driving, model trains and travel.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you’re going too far in your analysis. :)

Let’s talk about your comfort zone. You value quality time and want a companion you can build a life with. You’re most fulfilled when that person is available and able to provide the time and attention you seek. And you’ll give her the same.

Because you’re presence based. Money, success, and material goods aren’t worthy of absence from one another. You’ll accept less to have more of her.

The women I’ve encountered with that mindset are usually drawn to simplicity, minimalism, and slow living. They’re looking for balance. Quality time and experiences are more important.

~Bella

Right, I never placed much value climbing the corporate ladder. I think me living where I live...a more suburban area...with retirees...I'm around those that just work typical hours and enjoy their family time. Unfortunately, a lot of people here married young. A lot of blue collar workers (Men) with women in a simple...say...clerical job at an attorney's office, retail or food service industry. Not saying anyone's dirt poor or anything, just keeping it simple.

But you put it quite eloquently, Bella. :)

A lot VERY family oriented types here. I also enjoy my social life, and like my time off for that (including finding that special someone :)

Upvote 0