• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

NEVER FORGET - September 11, 2001

Discussion in 'Memorials & Grief Support' started by ChristianForCats, Sep 11, 2019.

1. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats God Seeker

+1,193
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Today is the 18th anniversary of the worst day in American history. The unthinkable actioms of 19 evil people killed almost 3,000 innocent civilians. No matter where you live, remember this.

Please post text and graphic memorials here.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+30,207
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    9-11 timeline.jpg

Attached Files:

3. redleghunter

+30,207
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ground Zero.jpg

4. Christ is Lord

Christ is Lord Well-Known Member

+347
    Virgin Islands, British
    Christian
    Single
    Glad to see someone else interested in the exact times. I thought I was weird for doing that.

5. public hermit

public hermit Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,197
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    I was a telephone lineman when 9/11 happened. It was a stormy day, so we took off work. I was sitting in a café ordering breakfast when the waitress said to me, "Someone just flew a plane into one of the Twin Towers." I thought to myself, "That was a horrible mistake." When she came back by she said, "A plane just hit the second tower." My heart sank. No mistake.

Lord have mercy.

6. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❤️ Supporter

+5,199
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I had an appointment that was cancelled. Police were evacuating the downtown area. Stone barriers were placed around federal structures. It was chaotic.

I arrived home and turned on the television. I had no idea what was happening. Then I saw the plane. The horror and loss of lives was too much. I pray I never see that depth of evil again.

May God comfort those who mourn and their loved ones.

7. redleghunter

+30,207
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  8. ChristianForCats

+1,193
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Everyone is interested in the first time. I have always known the North Tower was struck at 8:46 except I initally heard it was 8:48.

9. ChristianForCats

+1,193
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    My sister and BIL were doctors in Manhattan. (They lived in Far Rockaway.) They were sent home early. I think my BIL said he saw smoke coming from the North Tower. Later he volunteered in 9/11 triage.

I was sleeping. Mom called me from work just to tell me the news. I did not even know New York has twin towers and asked her, "Why are you telling me this?" She also was sent home early and ordered me to watch TV.