• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Neuropathy real bad in my feet.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For the most part, it's just 21st century snake oil. They're putting hemp oil in everything these days, but unless you get the right kind of cannabis - and if you're in a state that doesn't allow medicinal marijuana, then you won't be likely to be getting the right kind - you're just throwing your money away. Ask me how I know ^_^

Have you tried prescription generic Cymbalta? I found that actually has worked for me.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
For the most part, it's just 21st century snake oil. They're putting hemp oil in everything these days, but unless you get the right kind of cannabis - and if you're in a state that doesn't allow medicinal marijuana, then you won't be likely to be getting the right kind - you're just throwing your money away. Ask me how I know ^_^

Have you tried prescription generic Cymbalta? I found that actually has worked for me.

I take Cymbalta for depression but it’s also prescribed for nerve pain, maybe ask the doctor about it?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have peripheral neuropathy I have had some relief from CBD which is sold in quite a few places in SC. I also use topical CBD cream which also helps me with neck pain. A podiatrist prescribed two meds for me Alpha Lipoic acid and Methyl B-12 for neuropathy. They can be purchased over the counter. GNC carries both. Sometimes you can find it in drug stores on the vitamin aisle. If you buy B-12 make sure it is methyl. There is another B-12 cyano which is not as effective. The bottle may not be marked Methyl B-12. Check the ingredients list on the back.

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I live in Tennessee and CBD is legal here. I will tell my Diabetic doctor about Cymbalta see what he says.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Someone told me too try this oil called CBD and where do you buy it at. Thanks for the help.

Someone told me too try this oil called CBD and where do you buy it at. Thanks for the help.
I have neuropathy because I don't get enough circulation in my body on a regular basis. Even walking on a treadmill, or outside for 10 minutes helps a lot. Showers or baths daily. Heating pad on hamstrings, helps with circulation, or even soaking your feet on hot water for 30 minutes helps a lot.
I know socks in general help keep your feet warmer, therefore heat helps with circulation in general. There are compression socks, which I've never tried personally, but have heard are good.
Processed sugar is the worst. like candy bars. but real natural sugar isn't as bad like apples or bananas, just try to make sure that you eat a descent amount of protein before having any sort of dessert, or sugar of any kind. That way it helps digest and or process the sugar easier and better. Therefore less neuropathy in the end.

Upvote 0

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I live in Tennessee and CBD is legal here. I will tell my Diabetic doctor about Cymbalta see what he says.
What’s your diet look like? Have you changed it at all since you started having symptoms?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RoanokeIllinois

God is real, and I am not him.
Sep 7, 2022
Roanoke
✟2,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I'm sorry, but I don't know anything about the CBD oil.

I have horrible neuropathy in my feet on a regular basis. Many sorts of circulation helps.

Feet soakers. Mini baths, just for the feet, help a lot! I have one. Exercise always helps, most things physically, and mentally. My diabetes meds. lol. I went about a year and a half, in my past at one point and time into deep depression, and would hardley leave my house. That is before I found my way back to God. People with diabetes must be very careful, because I actually have a purple spot on the top of my foot now. It's permanent damage, and will never go away. I hate needles, so I'm just happy that I don't need insulin.

I just try and remember no matter what things happen to me in life that 1. God is there for me and 2. that things could always be worse, and someone out there, has it worse off than I do.

Upvote 0