Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This hits home:

Against the Police: Nets Skip Death of Tulsa Officer Shot in the Head

Quote from link:

On Tuesday, 15-year Tulsa Police Department veteran and Sergeant Craig Johnson died at a hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound to his head on Monday. Six-week rookie Officer Aurash Zarkeshan was also in critical condition after also being shot in the head during the same struggle with a suspect. Though Monday's CBS Evening News was the only broadcast newscast to report on their hospitalization, neither they nor ABC, or NBC informed their viewers about Sgt. Johnson’s passing.
I'm thinking it just doesn't fit their narrative at the moment.

iu

The city mourns your loss.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This hits home:

Quote from link:

On Tuesday, 15-year Tulsa Police Department veteran and Sergeant Craig Johnson died at a hospital after sustaining a gunshot wound to his head on Monday. Six-week rookie Officer Aurash Zarkeshan was also in critical condition after also being shot in the head during the same struggle with a suspect. Though Monday's CBS Evening News was the only broadcast newscast to report on their hospitalization, neither they nor ABC, or NBC informed their viewers about Sgt. Johnson’s passing.

iu

I saw that broadcast. Tragic. :(

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This hits home:

Quote from link:

iu

From ABC News: Veteran Oklahoma police officer killed

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This hits home:

Quote from link:

iu

People do not seem to understand that the MSM fails to report those things that do not support the liberal agenda.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw it on television. No it did not stir up the outrage as others do because he was law enforcement but it was reported once that I know of.
I get very angry when a police officer is killed by someone, very angry but I know that if they catch who did it, which they usually do, that person will be severely punished. The officer and his family will get justice. Either the death penalty or 50-life in prison.

That isn't what happens when the police kill someone when they didn't need to, they don't even usually lose their job. That's why so many people get upset.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I get very angry when a police officer is killed by someone, very angry but I know that if they catch who did it, which they usually do, that person will be severely punished. The officer and his family will get justice. Either the death penalty or 50-life in prison.

That isn't what happens when the police kill someone when they didn't need to, they don't even usually lose their job. That's why so many people get upset.
It is the same justice system for both but if the officer kills someone the shooting will be investigated and he may face trial especially if there is fear in the elected officials that they will have to face a riot if they do not at least charge the officer, even if they know he is innocent. On the other hand that criminal who shoots and kills the cop, you have no ideal how many people he has killed and never gone to court. We do know that the number of unarmed people killed by the police is below 30 last year. So far this year 28 innocent police officers have been shot and killed, the year is far from over. 2020

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just don't get it. Within the posts of this thread we have several links to news reports from MSM sources that made a report on the death of the one, and injury of the other, police officer.

Yet, some are still answering the OP's complaint that it hasn't been reported anywhere except, apparently, where the OP gets his news from.

I don't get it. Sombody 'splain it to me.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DC,

You wrote:
On the other hand that criminal who shoots and kills the cop, you have no ideal how many people he has killed and never gone to court.
Uhhhh ok. If we have no ideal(sp) how many people he has killed and never gone to court... Are there a lot of people who have killed someone, and it was known that they killed them, that have never gone to court? It seems to me that would be a very, very rare circumstance. Perhaps you could give us some numbers on it.

Now, maybe they killed someone and weren't found guilty of murder for the crime. Maybe they killed someone and it hasn't yet been proven to a grand jury that they did kill someone. But people who have killed someone and never gone to court? I'd like to see some facts and figures on that. Orrrrrr, did you just make that little juicy tidbit up for some shock value?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi DC,

You wrote:
Uhhhh ok. If we have no ideal(sp) how many people he has killed and never gone to court... Are there a lot of people who have killed someone, and it was known that they killed them, that have never gone to court? It seems to me that would be a very, very rare circumstance. Perhaps you could give us some numbers on it.

Now, maybe they killed someone and weren't found guilty of murder for the crime. Maybe they killed someone and it hasn't yet been proven to a grand jury that they did kill someone. But people who have killed someone and never gone to court? I'd like to see some facts and figures on that. Orrrrrr, did you just make that little juicy tidbit up for some shock value?

God bless,
In Christ, ted
No I meant exactly what I said, they have not been to court, they may at some time in the future, if they are charged with that crime but it happens very often that the police know who killed someone but there is no evidence available to bring that person to trial. There is a culture that believes that giving the police any information or being a witness is not healthy for them. They just may become the next victim of an unsolved murder. Are the facts juicy enough for you or would you like to go out on the streets and find out what you have been missing.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No I meant exactly what I said, they have not been to court, they may at some time in the future, if they are charged with that crime but it happens very often that the police know who killed someone but there is no evidence available to bring that person to trial. There is a culture that believes that giving the police any information or being a witness is not healthy for them. They just may become the next victim of an unsolved murder. Are the facts juicy enough for you or would you like to go out on the streets and find out what you have been missing.

HI DC,

I'd be careful about 'assumptions'. The police may have a strong suspicion as to who killed someone, but 'knowing' that someone killed someone? Knowing only comes from direct evidence. If the police have direct evidence, then there isn't any reason for them not to get the culprit to court. However, knowing is not we get from 'circumstantial' evidence. Circumstantial evidence merely gives us a reasonable conclusion that may be greatly supported but can't be absolutely known. However, even with great circumstantial evidence most killers are brought up on charges and are thus, brought to court.

In the many reality TV shows today on unsolved murders, the suspected killer usually does find his way, although it may take years, into a court room. There the evidence is weighed and a determination of guilt beyond reasonable doubt is made. So, I'm certainly not saying that it never happens, but I think the numbers are a lot lower than you seem to be inferring concerning these involved in police shootings. Maybe we could 'google' that: How many people, who have shot a police officer, were suspected of some other killing but never brought to court?

I've offered to wait while you dig up some numbers to support your statement. Do you have any?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
HI DC,

I'd be careful about 'assumptions'. The police may have a strong suspicion as to who killed someone, but 'knowing' that someone killed someone? Knowing only comes from direct evidence. If the police have direct evidence, then there isn't any reason for them not to get the culprit to court. However, knowing is not we get from 'circumstantial' evidence. Circumstantial evidence merely gives us a reasonable conclusion that may be greatly supported but can't be absolutely known. However, even with great circumstantial evidence most killers are brought up on charges and are thus, brought to court.

In the many reality TV shows today on unsolved murders, the suspected killer usually does find his way, although it may take years, into a court room. There the evidence is weighed and a determination of guilt beyond reasonable doubt is made. So, I'm certainly not saying that it never happens, but I think the numbers are a lot lower than you seem to be inferring concerning these involved in police shootings. Maybe we could 'google' that: How many people, who have shot a police officer, were suspected of some other killing but never brought to court?

I've offered to wait while you dig up some numbers to support your statement. Do you have any?

God bless,
In Christ, ted
You should continue to watch those reality TV shows for the facts you want. Any cop that works the streets has contacts and knows who is doing what and who did what to who, knowing and proving are two different standards. You need to get out of in front of your tv, there is a whole world out there that you are missing.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi DC,

Thanks for your reply:
Any cop that works the streets has contacts and knows who is doing what and who did what to who,

Again I'll just agree that I know you believe that to be a true statement of fact.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This hits home: (snip)
here's a suggestion: any time any of us sees a headline like this: "THIS STORY IGNORED BY THE MEDIA!!" it would always be a good idea to go ahead and google it to see if that's true. I have literally never known a single case of where it was. :wave:
tulc(just a suggestion for us all)

Upvote 0