• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netflix to portray JFK as abusive drug addict in 'The Crown'

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by NightHawkeye, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Blood Bought 1953

Blood Bought 1953 Ned Flander’s Buddy

+1,311
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Surprise I did not like the previous guy either....I could go back to Truman to find a great one

2. rturner76

rturner76 Senior Veteran Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,361
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I think they would have a pretty good view if what went on. I'm sure they ate and drank in front of Secret Service all the time and likely argued also, especially if there was drinking going on which was pretty acceptable in the 60's. A person could have two drinks at lunch and drinks in the evening every night and there would be no thought of a drinking problem whatso ever. Housewives could pop Valium like candy and just attribute it to "bad nerves." So knowing that I could see them slipping up and fighting in front of the "help." Still, I don't think they were privy to their innermost thoughts, emotions, and relationship with each other. I mean the time when a husband and wife talk as they get ready for bed in the bedroom and when they lay down. I think only Jackie knew that part of JFK

3. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,239
    Christian
    Married
    From most accounts , Kennedy 's staff helped organize his extramarital affairs or keep them organized , even bringing them to the white house and making sure Jackie was not around. His staff was quitebusy in that regard and she knew anyway. I think they saw and heard a lot. Jackie and her husband did grow closer after the death of their infant son. Who knows what could have happened between them had he not have been assassinated. It was a different time and things could be quite hidden and therewas eenough loyalty there while he was alive. Was someone trying to make a saint of Kennedy in another thread? There is enough known that's been out there for decades to know the man had problems. He was complex.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  4. rturner76

+1,361
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I see you post on here and you seem to be such an intelligent insightful person. It is so hard for me to believe that:

1) You would support a man with the moral character of Donald Trump and what he really stands for.
    2) You would have an issue with someone organizing their community or any community
    3) You would not agree that we should live in a just society (hence the term social justice)

This is so confusing to me and I don't mean that like you don't have a right to an opinion different than mine. I just don't see what advantages there are to living in an unjust society. Well actually, if it's unjust in your favor, that would in fact make perfect sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Blood Bought 1953

+1,311
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Jackie made some poor decisions.....put up with a serial adulterer and get all the clothes you want,travel the world,enjoy Onassis “ attention” and be on the receiving end of old Joes cash briberies......quite the “bargain”

6. mina

mina Brown Eyed girl

+3,239
    Christian
    Married
    Very true. I think she did enter the marriage with honest intentions and thinking she could change him and quickly found out he wasn't ever going to change . She was a damaged person whose mother and father both told her and raised her to believe that all men were cheaters and she just would have to deal with it. She was very messed up; as was he. They used one another ; she was a great political asset to him.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  7. Blood Bought 1953

+1,311
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Great post.........I love that subtle joke you put in there..”What he really stands for”. I split a gut on that one!!!! He stands for whatever will give him his daily adulation fix.sad

8. Blood Bought 1953

+1,311
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

Trying to change a flawed man....poor girl was not the first or last to make that mistake...too bad dr.phil was not around...”how’s THAT workin for ya , Jackie? “

9. NothingIsImpossible

NothingIsImpossible Well-Known Member

+2,332
    Christian
    Married
    But JFK did have a drug issue and on top of that was a womanizer. Just because one does not like those facts doesn't change the fact... well that they are a fact. I love JFK despite his issues.

10. TheOldWays

TheOldWays Well-Known Member

+560
    Canada
    Seeker
    Married
    it's nothing new.

11. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+6,906
    Methodist
    Married
    Hi rturner. :wave:

I'll try to clarify a little by first saying that I did not vote for Donald Trump. He wasn't my guy and I thought the choices presented by the two major parties were a fool's choice between bad candidates.

That said, I have patiently waited for many months and withheld comments while I waited to see just what Trump would do. When he does something I really appreciate I support that. If he does something I I really object to I will articulate that as well.

In short, it's not about Trump for me ... it's about what the occupant in the oval office does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. rturner76

+1,361
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    fair enough :oldthumbsup:

13. cow451

cow451 Shaken, Not Stirred Supporter

+8,171
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Some Conservatives are a little behind the times. Yes, boys and girls, JFK is still dead. Lincoln is as well.

14. cow451

+8,171
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, Trump helped educate us about JFK’s assassination. Who is playing Ted Cruz’s father in the series?

15. Blood Bought 1953

+1,311
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married

I like him also....his wit and intelligence was outstanding...and his courage

16. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+6,906
    Methodist
    Married
    [​IMG]

17. Blood Bought 1953

+1,311
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Pretty sure it won’t be Kevin Spacey

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+10,858
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Kennedy's drug use and womanizing, have been well established for quite some time. There is also little question, the kennedy's in general, thought the normal rules didnt apply to them.

19. cow451

+8,171
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Trump’s role model.

20. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+7,674
    Christian
    Married
    The Secret Service does not remain in presence of family within the private areas of the White House.