NETFLIX GETS DIRTY WITH KIDS

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Catholic League president Bill Donohue sent the following letter today to Netflix CEO Reed Hastings asking his wife to intervene in a disturbing matter:

June 9, 2017

Mr. Reed Hastings
CEO, Netflix
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Dear Mr. Hastings:

Did your wife Patti Ann see Episode One of the Netflix show, “F is for Family,” the one where Greg, just back from making up with his wife Ginny—thanks to Father Pat—pulls a crucifix out of his pocket, asking the Lord for strength while chanting “vagina, vagina, vagina”?

Did Patti Ann catch Episode Six where Greg and Ginny’s son, Kevin, is shown masturbating while staring at a candle with an image of Our Blessed Mother?

Did Patti Ann watch Episode Nine where it is suggested that Father Pat, who is gay, is a child molester? In the same episode, did she catch the scene where Greg fondles Jesus’ body on a crucifix, saying, “Oh, you’ve got a swimmer’s body”?

If Patti Ann saw these episodes, I would like to hear what she thinks about them. Since this is an animated show, would she recommend it to little kids? If she has not seen these episodes, please ask her to do so and get back to me.

Excuse me for personalizing this letter, but you Hollywood guys just don’t seem to give a damn when Catholics politely register an objection.

Sincerely,

William Donohue
President

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well that's 1 way to give some publicity to the show.

You can get Netflix Kids accounts. Now, if that show had shown up on a kids page, sure. If it's just on Netflix then that's on the adults, not Netflix.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Films and shows are getting darker and darker these days. I am glad I decided to give up watching secular stuff back in October. I have made a committment to God according to 1 John 2:15-17. Do not love the world, neither the things in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in them. This makes sense because you cannot watch a film or TV show without some kind of sin within it these days.

Upvote 0

Rainrider

Jun 6, 2017
Lovington
✟16,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Catholic League president Bill Donohue sent the following letter today to Netflix CEO Reed Hastings asking his wife to intervene in a disturbing matter:

June 9, 2017

Mr. Reed Hastings
CEO, Netflix
100 Winchester Circle
Los Gatos, CA 95032

Dear Mr. Hastings:

Did your wife Patti Ann see Episode One of the Netflix show, “F is for Family,” the one where Greg, just back from making up with his wife Ginny—thanks to Father Pat—pulls a crucifix out of his pocket, asking the Lord for strength while chanting “vagina, vagina, vagina”?

Did Patti Ann catch Episode Six where Greg and Ginny’s son, Kevin, is shown masturbating while staring at a candle with an image of Our Blessed Mother?

Did Patti Ann watch Episode Nine where it is suggested that Father Pat, who is gay, is a child molester? In the same episode, did she catch the scene where Greg fondles Jesus’ body on a crucifix, saying, “Oh, you’ve got a swimmer’s body”?

If Patti Ann saw these episodes, I would like to hear what she thinks about them. Since this is an animated show, would she recommend it to little kids? If she has not seen these episodes, please ask her to do so and get back to me.

Excuse me for personalizing this letter, but you Hollywood guys just don’t seem to give a damn when Catholics politely register an objection.

Sincerely,

William Donohue
President

Having Netflix myself, I know to pick the shows I watch with care. Mostly I watch from the Children and family, or Faith and spirituality. Even their I keep the fast foreword handy. As I know that shows are not meant to be kid friendly any more. Even knowing that, I would never have got to the point of seeing past episode 1, if I got to the end of that one.
Not saying he didn't have a reason, just saying that I drop a show at the first sing of immorality. Like I said Just saying.

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well that's 1 way to give some publicity to the show.

You can get Netflix Kids accounts. Now, if that show had shown up on a kids page, sure. If it's just on Netflix then that's on the adults, not Netflix.
The show is called “F is for Family", with no assurance it will be confined to adult pages (as if kids won't brows). But that is hardly the point.

• Informative
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Films and shows are getting darker and darker these days. I am glad I decided to give up watching secular stuff back in October. I have made a committment to God according to 1 John 2:15-17. Do not love the world, neither the things in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in them. This makes sense because you cannot watch a film or TV show without some kind of sin within it these days.
I struggle with that because on the one hand what you say makes sense, in light of scripture, but on the other hand if we stop paying attention then we can't fight back.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I struggle with that because on the one hand what you say makes sense, in light of scripture, but on the other hand if we stop paying attention then we can't fight back.

Paul says,
1 "And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God
2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."
(1 Corinthians 2:1-2).

16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."
(2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Our mission is to preach Jesus and to preach the Word of God. We are not told to become friends with the world and or love the things of this world in order to evangelize people. The problem is that most movies have sinful things within them. Just silently watching them and ignoring the sin that is within them makes you in approval of such a film if you own it or rewatch it again with enjoyment. You have to sweep aside the sinful things within them. The weapons of our warefare are not carnal weapons. We do not need to know about the bad things within their films and books to know that they are sinful. We already know they are sinful and are not getting better. I believe we are approaching the end of days. Things are getting darker and darker. The time to live for Jesus and denying yourself as much as you can never be more important.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The show is called “F is for Family", with no assurance it will be confined to adult pages (as if kids won't brows). But that is hardly the point.

You've missed the point. Netflix allows users to set up personalized accounts for every person who's got access. It takes less than a minute to set up a kiddie account that will block out all adult content. Now, if that show was on a kiddie page, maybe that's fair to gripe. If it was just on normal Netflix, that's on the laziness of the adults in charge. Their fault entirely.

Upvote 0

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I stand corrected. But I don't think CEO Reed Hastings is going to reply to Donahue's letter. Do you?

I's a cultural war and I think there is more too it than adjusting account settings. Here is an interesting link to Christianity Today, a non-Catholic publication:
Is Hollywood Anti-Catholic?

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums