✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a few notes...

Yeshua said that as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, He would be lifted up (John 3:14)

The "pole" in Numbers 21:9 is in Hebrew "nes" - translated as pole, sign, banner, ensign, standard, sail.

"Nes" is composed of two letters - "nun" and "samech"
The Talmud states that the letter "nun" represents downfall, suffering, and misfortune.
The letter "samech" represents uplifting, salvation, and redemption. (Torah.org)

"Nes" in modern Hebrew means a "miracle".

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey coc! :wave:

In Ancient Hebrew the nun represents 'life' pictured by a fish darting through water but can also mean 'heir' or offspring.

Samech is an odd one in that the meanings range from thorn, to support as well as 'pierce' and shield.

"The "pole" in Numbers 21:9 is in Hebrew "nes" - translated as pole, sign, banner, ensign, standard, sail."

Although all can be tied in with the crucifixion I have always tended towards the sign or ensign ones.

"And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious." Isaiah 11:10

This brought to mind that most Gentile Christians didn't care much for his history but focused on the cross. This was brought to a head in the 4th century when Constantines mother began her search of the 'true cross' and there appeared thousands of shards and splinters of 'it' that were kept in churches across Europe as relics of the true faith.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

In Ancient Hebrew the nun represents 'life' pictured by a fish darting through water but can also mean 'heir' or offspring.

Samech is an odd one in that the meanings range from thorn, to support as well as 'pierce' and shield.

"The "pole" in Numbers 21:9 is in Hebrew "nes" - translated as pole, sign, banner, ensign, standard, sail."

Although all can be tied in with the crucifixion I have always tended towards the sign or ensign ones.

"And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious." Isaiah 11:10

This brought to mind that most Gentile Christians didn't care much for his history but focused on the cross. This was brought to a head in the 4th century when Constantines mother began her search of the 'true cross' and there appeared thousands of shards and splinters of 'it' that were kept in churches across Europe as relics of the true faith.

the seed of promise to come.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i was reminded of youth, Humility first

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the ( :-:-:-:-:-:-:-: ) shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Hoshea(hosea son of nun?
When Ephraim spoke with trembling, he became exalted in Israel; when he became guilty through Baal, he died.

He says,
“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

and every tongue confess that Yeshua is the Holy One, to the glory of God the Father. Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.…

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i was reminded of youth, Humility first

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the ( :-:-:-:-:-:-:-: ) shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Hoshea(hosea son of nun?
When Ephraim spoke with trembling, he became exalted in Israel; when he became guilty through Baal, he died.

He says,
“Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

and every tongue confess that Yeshua is the Holy One, to the glory of God the Father. Therefore, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not only in my presence, but now even more in my absence, continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God who works in you to will and to act on behalf of His good pleasure.…

Hoshea(hosea son of nun?

And it was in the third year of Hoshea the son of Elah, the king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz the king of Judah, became king.
2He was twenty-five years old when he became king, and he reigned twenty-nine years in Jerusalem, and his mother's name was Abi the daughter of Zechariah.

Blessings Always
And he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, like all that his father David had done.

Hezekiah Destroys Idolatry in Judah
He abolished the high places, and smashed the monuments, and cut down the asherah, and crushed the copper serpent that Moses had made, for until those days the children of Israel were burning incense to it; and he called it Nehushtan.

He trusted in the God of Israel there was none like him among all the kings of Judah who were after him, nor were there before him.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
נְחֻשְׁתָּֽן׃
Nehushtan

nun chet shin tav nun

Interestingly, that word begins and ends with the 'nun'

50+8+300+400+50= 808

It's supposed to be the same as

נְחֹ֫שֶׁת
But it leaves out the final nun - 758

נון--nun = 50+6+50 = 106 -------(7)
חית--chet = 8+10+400=418 ----(13)
שׁן---shin =300+50=350---------(8)
תו---tav =400+6= 406----------(10)
נון---nun = 50+6+50= 106-------(7)

=1,386

I'm not trying to postulate anything, just playing with the word. If anyone else sees something, please share.

I do see something significant in that with the spelling of 'Nehushtan' in the Hebrew it contains the nun at beginning and end. But when you spell it with the letters spelled out you then have 5 nuns.

5 is said to be the number of grace.

When you add the numbers of the total of each number in the letters of the word 'Nehushtan', you get some other significant numbers as well.

7 -- is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical & spiritual)
13---is symbolic of rebellion and lawlessness
8----represents grace,a new beginning
10---it signifies testimony, law, responsibility and the completeness of order
7----the number of completeness and perfection

You actually get the summation of the story of the bible by this word used to name the serpent on the pole which Yeshua later became.

It would go something like this.

In the beginning G-d created the Heavens and the earth and they were both perfect and complete, it was tov, good.
Then rebellion came by the Adversary who then beguiled the creation of mankind into rebellion with him.
G-d, in his loving kindness found a way to fix this by Grace by becoming the sin for us on the cross. To those who looked upon this as their propitiation they received a new life, a new beginning (in Moses time it was represented by the serpents bite and the healing and saving from death by looking upon this).
In order that this may come to fruition he gave his instructions to Moses and Moses to the people to keep His ways and follow his instructions.

By doing this would bring us back to the beginning of the perfection of G-d with his people without the serpent in the garden (1,000 yr reign) and thus completion.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have been pondering a little about nun and a fish, and all the fish in the gospels. There might be more to those stories.

Nes can also be a "sign". And considering nun can have a meaning like "falling" and samech can have a meaning like "lifting up", I thought this was interesting...
And Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, Behold, this [child] is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel; and for a sign which shall be spoken against;
(Luk 2:34) [Child is an added word in translations and is not in the text]

I think there might be a multi-language word play in there.

I'm glad I went and poked around in "his history". God can lead you to discover things that can leave you awestruck.:clap::bow:

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Luke 2:30-40 (CJB)

30 "for I have seen with my own eyes your yeshu‘ah,
31 which you prepared in the presence of all peoples —
32 a light that will bring revelation to the Goyim
and glory to your people Isra’el.”

33 Yeshua’s father and mother were marvelling at the things Shim‘on was saying about him.
34 Shim‘on blessed them and said to the child’s mother, Miryam,

“This child will cause many in Isra’el to fall and to rise,
he will become a sign whom people will speak against;

35 moreover, a sword will pierce your own heart too.
All this will happen in order to reveal many people’s inmost thoughts.”

36 There was also a prophet named Hannah Bat-P’nu’el, of the tribe of Asher. She was a very old woman — she had lived with her husband seven years after her marriage
37 and had remained a widow ever since; now she was eighty-four. She never left the Temple grounds but worshipped there night and day, fasting and praying.
38 She came by at that moment and began thanking God and speaking about the child to everyone who was waiting for Yerushalayim to be liberated.
39 When Yosef and Miryam had finished doing everything required by the Torah of Adonai, they returned to the Galil, to their town Natzeret.
40 The child grew and became strong and filled with wisdom — God’s favor was upon him.

Upvote 0

pinacled

Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
נְחֻשְׁתָּֽן׃
Nehushtan

nun chet shin tav nun

Interestingly, that word begins and ends with the 'nun'

50+8+300+400+50= 808

It's supposed to be the same as

נְחֹ֫שֶׁת
But it leaves out the final nun - 758

נון--nun = 50+6+50 = 106 -------(7)
חית--chet = 8+10+400=418 ----(13)
שׁן---shin =300+50=350---------(8)
תו---tav =400+6= 406----------(10)
נון---nun = 50+6+50= 106-------(7)

=1,386

I'm not trying to postulate anything, just playing with the word. If anyone else sees something, please share.

I do see something significant in that with the spelling of 'Nehushtan' in the Hebrew it contains the nun at beginning and end. But when you spell it with the letters spelled out you then have 5 nuns.

5 is said to be the number of grace.

When you add the numbers of the total of each number in the letters of the word 'Nehushtan', you get some other significant numbers as well.

7 -- is the number of completeness and perfection (both physical & spiritual)
13---is symbolic of rebellion and lawlessness
8----represents grace,a new beginning
10---it signifies testimony, law, responsibility and the completeness of order
7----the number of completeness and perfection

You actually get the summation of the story of the bible by this word used to name the serpent on the pole which Yeshua later became.

It would go something like this.

In the beginning G-d created the Heavens and the earth and they were both perfect and complete, it was tov, good.
Then rebellion came by the Adversary who then beguiled the creation of mankind into rebellion with him.
G-d, in his loving kindness found a way to fix this by Grace by becoming the sin for us on the cross. To those who looked upon this as their propitiation they received a new life, a new beginning (in Moses time it was represented by the serpents bite and the healing and saving from death by looking upon this).
In order that this may come to fruition he gave his instructions to Moses and Moses to the people to keep His ways and follow his instructions.

By doing this would bring us back to the beginning of the perfection of G-d with his people without the serpent in the garden (1,000 yr reign) and thus completion.
Where is the letter m hidden
If memory of evening wisdom should mourn.
A generations might will be found

The Letter Mem

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums