Nero the beast poll

Was Nero the beast of Revelation

• Yes, he was

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • No, he was not

Votes: 28 77.8%

• Total voters

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I created this poll to see how many here think Nero was the beast of Revelation.

And how many here do not think Nero was the beast of Revelation
A person cannot be the beast, since a beast is a nation.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Does that mean an entire nation gets cast into the LOF fully alive---Revelation 19:20? Does that mean in Revelation 20:10, that satan is cast into the LOF where an entire nation and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

The Beast from the Sea and the Little Horn Power
This beast also has the same attributes as the little horn power of Daniel 7:

Read more about the 42 months in Revelation 13:5.

As we compare the two prophecies, we see that the first beast of Revelation 13 and the little horn of Daniel 7 are one and the same,

The First Beast of Revelation 13—Comparing Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 | Little Horn Power

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I've seen you posit this before, and havent really looked into it yet.
So therefore, I don't have a cogent rebuttal to offer.
On first Blush it seems at least as plausable as the 66-68 theory.

:)

I used to follow Dr. Ken Gentry's date for Revelation's composition in the later AD 60's, as you are also proposing. There's one very practical problem with that dating, however. Since you and I realize that this Revelation prophecy involved warnings for the early church of what was ABOUT TO happen in their near future, then a later year of Revelation's composition just before AD 70 would have been the equivalent of giving a warning of icebergs in the area to a sinking Titanic; too late for any preparedness against disasters that would have already been descending upon the believers. These letters of warning needed time to circulate among the early church, PRIOR to the "Days of Vengeance" / aka, the "Great Tribulation" beginning with the Zealot rebellion breaking out in AD 66, which the believers were given warning to flee from.

A composition date for Revelation of sometime between late AD 59 and early AD 60 JUST BEFORE the AD 60 Laodicean earthquake gave time for John's letters to be distributed by traveling believers among the churches in widespread areas of the empire. Plus this earlier date of AD 59 / 60 aligns with every single bit of internal temporal evidence in the book of Revelation - as well as other scriptures that impinge on this topic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Does that mean an entire nation gets cast into the LOF fully alive---Revelation 19:20?

Yes, it did. The independent kingdom nation of Israel, (the Scarlet Beast of Rev. 17) was established by the Zealots who were minting their own currency as a sovereign nation in Jerusalem. They were using Jerusalem as their "capital" and base of operations when they launched the rebellion in AD 66. That Scarlet Beast of an independent kingdom of Israel had once been established by the Maccabean victories, was then lost under Pompey when he subjected Israel to Roman tribute, and then arose to power once again in AD 66 with the Zealot rebellion. That independent kingdom of Israel under Zealot and high priesthood leadership became plagued by civil war between the factions vying for supremacy, and so it went into destruction in AD 70 when they had weakened themselves enough for Rome to crush them.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Beast from the Sea and the Little Horn Power
This beast also has the same attributes as the little horn power of Daniel 7:

Read more about the 42 months in Revelation 13:5.

As we compare the two prophecies, we see that the first beast of Revelation 13 and the little horn of Daniel 7 are one and the same,

The First Beast of Revelation 13—Comparing Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 | Little Horn Power
Actually, I've compared the prophetic order of daniel and the prophetic order of revelation. They speak of different things.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what the sheep and goat parable seems to say, Jesus speaks of nations being judged.

Unless you tell me otherwise, this seems to suggest that the beast and the goats, these are one and the same. Is that what you are proposing?

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Who was it at that time, that can be associated with Nero, where they fit the description of someone deceiving those upon the earth with false wonders?

The Land Beast of Rev. 13 was the deceptive, two-horned Jewish leadership with its Pharisee and Sadducee members of the priesthood. Christ called them liars and children of the devil in John 8:44 & 55, and they constantly used trickery to try entrapping Christ in His own words, and they used false witnesses at Christ's trial. Deception was their favorite tactic.

The Jewish priesthood's Pharisee leadership had a reputation in Christ's time of claiming to cast out devils. One example was the chief priest Sceva with his seven sons who were beaten up and stripped naked by the possessed man in Acts 19:13-16 when they tried to use Jesus's and Paul's names to exorcise his evil spirit. This amazing event became know to all the Jews and Greeks in Ephesus.

Christ was once accused of using the power of Beelzebub to cast out devils. He argued in Matthew 12:27 that the Pharisees were just fine with their own sons' attempts to cast out devils, which made their charge against Christ's obvious legitimate success with exorcising devils a hypocritical, false accusation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jeffweedaman

Nov 22, 2020
PROSPECT
✟82,293.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's what the sheep and goat parable seems to say, Jesus speaks of nations being judged.

But there are people from all nations and peoples who are redeemed.

Rev 5
9 And they *sang a new song, saying,

“Worthy are You to take the scroll and to break its seals; for You were slaughtered, and You purchased people for God with Your blood from every tribe, language, people, and nation.

10 You have made them into a kingdom and priests to our God, and they will reign upon the earth.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
God loves everyone and calls us to love everyone
It is never comfortable to have error exposed—not to the one having to say it nor to the one listening. It is always much easier to compromise or to say nothing. God has patience with each one us, and leads us to truth as we are able. All Christians are growing as God leads them.

God loves everyone and calls us to love everyone as well. Part of loving other is to speak the truth in love. We must accept the truth no matter what others may think, and no matter how deep it cuts us (2 Thessalonians 2:10).
Your truth. As you can see truth is in the eye of the beholder. Only God's truth counts.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there any other scripture you can point to that would support your interpretation of Matthew 25:31-46 as being a judgment of nations? What other scripture teaches that nations who help the needy will inherit eternal life in a kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world? Isn't that something that other scriptures apply to individual believers? How can that even apply to entire nations when in every nation there are some people who help the needy and some who don't?

What other scripture teaches that nations who don't help the needy will be cast into everlasting fire for eternal punishment? Again, in every nation there are some who help the needy and some who don't. So, why would an entire nation be cast into everlasting fire? How would that be fair to those in that nation who did believe in Christ and did serve Him by helping the needy?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Robert Jeffrey's had the most informational service on timelines of the trib, etc, that I have ever seen.
Today.
He is on several times a day if you are interested. On Christian tv both tbn and Hillsong. You won't regret it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Unless you tell me otherwise, this seems to suggest that the beast and the goats, these are one and the same. Is that what you are proposing?
Sounds like you're playing dumb, pretty sure that wasn't the original question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Is there any other scripture you can point to that would support your interpretation of Matthew 25:31-46 as being a judgment of nations? What other scripture teaches that nations who help the needy will inherit eternal life in a kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world? Isn't that something that other scriptures apply to individual believers? How can that even apply to entire nations when in every nation there are some people who help the needy and some who don't?

What other scripture teaches that nations who don't help the needy will be cast into everlasting fire for eternal punishment? Again, in every nation there are some who help the needy and some who don't. So, why would an entire nation be cast into everlasting fire? How would that be fair to those in that nation who did believe in Christ and did serve Him by helping the needy?
This relates to there being nations that serve under the saints at some point in the future. It's in the prophets, and alluded to in one of the promises in the letters to the seven churches in revelation.

Nations are judged, individuals are judged. All this either or toxicity injected by modern theologies is really messed up.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This relates to there being nations that serve under the saints at some point in the future. It's in the prophets, and alluded to in one of the promises in the letters to the seven churches in revelation.

Nations are judged, individuals are judged. All this either or toxicity injected by modern theologies is really messed up.
Show me what you're talking about. I have no reason to just take your word for this. Back up your claims with scripture. Where does scripture teach that in the future entire nations will inherit eternal life or be cast into everlasting fire? Show me.

Which was my point?
No, your point regarding Matthew 25:31-46 is that entire nations will either inherit eternal life in the kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world or they will be cast into everlasting fire. If there are some redeemed people in all nations, then how could any entire nation be cast into everlasting fire? You're not even thinking here. You seem to be trying to make Matthew 25:31-46 say what you want it to say instead of what it actually says.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Show me what you're talking about. I have no reason to just take your word for this. Back up your claims with scripture. Where does scripture teach that in the future entire nations will inherit eternal life or be cast into everlasting fire? Show me.

No, your point regarding Matthew 25:31-46 is that entire nations will either inherit eternal life in the kingdom prepared for them from the foundation of the world or they will be cast into everlasting fire. If there are some redeemed people in all nations, then how could any entire nation be cast into everlasting fire? You're not even thinking here. You seem to be trying to make Matthew 25:31-46 say what you want it to say instead of what it actually says.
Show me, hmmm. God hasn't gifted me that way so I can share images from my head and transfer them to other people's minds.

Apologies, cannot help you there. However, if it's really important, I'm sure God will make it clear to you.

Upvote 0

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show me, hmmm. God hasn't gifted me that way so I can share images from my head and transfer them to other people's minds.

Apologies, cannot help you there. However, if it's really important, I'm sure God will make it clear to you.
It's clear to me that you don't know what you're talking about. If you did, you'd be able to show it with scripture.

Upvote 0