Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is my first thread on Biblical Archaeology, but I thought I'd post this question here. Does anyone know if there is evidence of nephillium that has been found? And from reading the bible it sounds like they weren't even destroyed in the flood and may still exist today?

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I doubt there is any evidence of the nephilim because they were beings that were not of this world.
thanks, I ran across some articles before that shows pictures or talks about bones they found in various locations where they they seemed half human, had more teeth than us and pretty tall. I know king Og was like 13 foot tall, his bed was made of iron and he's mentioned more than one time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Og

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
This is my first thread on Biblical Archaeology, but I thought I'd post this question here. Does anyone know if there is evidence of nephillium that has been found? And from reading the bible it sounds like they weren't even destroyed in the flood and may still exist today?

There indeed does seem to be a dearth of Nephilim artifacts in the fossil record. There are oddball items found here and there, (you can Google up a few with a little trying). These get relegated to drawers in museums as "anamolous" due to their not fitting any current popular model of prehistory and ancient human history. How much of this is out there? Difficult to know.

However, there may be a problem with this due to the way the Nephilim before the flood met their end...

If the record of The Book of Enoch be accepted as is, (being the most detailed on this subject), then the Nephilim were not destroyed by the flood but were destroyed before the flood by internecine warfare taking place over a period of 120 years. So, if the Nephilim were imolaters of their dead, there would be no artifacts to find.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
However, there may be a problem with this due to the way the Nephilim before the flood met their end...

If the record of The Book of Enoch be accepted as is, (being the most detailed on this subject), then the Nephilim were not destroyed by the flood but were destroyed before the flood by internecine warfare taking place over a period of 120 years. So, if the Nephilim were imolaters of their dead, there would be no artifacts to find.

Thanks Gojira69, I haven't read the Book of Enoch and hope to some day. Do you have a preferred translation?
I started reading the bible from front to back, I'm in Chronicles now, and I came across many references dealing with giants. Are any of these related to the Nephillium, for some reason I thought they were which would say that the offspring of Nephillium lived on.
For example the giants in the land of Canaan, or King Og or I think raphium, I'm not sure the spelling or Anakim. I'm going off memory.

Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks Gojira69, I haven't read the Book of Enoch and hope to some day. Do you have a preferred translation?

Unfortunately, the status of Enochan scholarship is such that none of the translations are on a par with what Bible students have come to expect with all of the scholarship that's been poured into our favorite book over the centuries. Nevertheless, there seems to be a bit of a concensus out there that the translation by R.H. Charles is preferred. I've placed two versions in parallel here: http://www.thebookofenoch.info/ I've recently located another public domain translation that I will be adding to this in the near future.

sampa said:
I started reading the bible from front to back, I'm in Chronicles now, and I came across many references dealing with giants. Are any of these related to the Nephillium, for some reason I thought they were which would say that the offspring of Nephillium lived on. For example the giants in the land of Canaan, or King Og or I think raphium, I'm not sure the spelling or Anakim. I'm going off memory.

One of the mysteries of the Old Testament is the fact the Nephilim reappear. One would think with their destruction before the flood that would have been it. However, and by all means read you Bible first, the Book of Enoch predicted they would come back again. The Book of Enoch fills in a lot of blanks, answering some questions the Bible leaves off.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
However, and by all means read you Bible first, the Book of Enoch predicted they would come back again. The Book of Enoch fills in a lot of blanks, answering some questions the Bible leaves off.
thanks. yeah, I think anything to the bible is secondary.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Book of Enoch (sic)... I've read it but I certainly don't take it seriously.
Thanks Xapis. I'm kindof in the same boat but find it interesting to see what other things are out there. I know there are reasons why some things were kept out of the bible and I think basically God didn't feel some things were important to focus on, like nephillium. The message of the cross is primary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How do they know it's the tomb of one of the Nephilim?

They won't until they open it "Live!" on network TV, supposedly, Jerry Rivers will be shaving off his moustache for this one!

;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dimwhitt

Jun 6, 2007
Washington D.C.
Visit site
✟8,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i believe there are excavated burials of giants like Goliath but there is no evidence for the nephalim or any thing else from that era of time

remember that would have been pre-prehistoric (before recorded history) recorded history only goes back about 5000 years with the Mesopotamian civilization

Upvote 0

cherokeehippie

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2003
somewhere in the Ozarks
Visit site
✟19,793.00
Faith
Messianic
Native Americans have stories of doing battle with giants with red hair and double rows of teeth. I believe this is fact! Western historians and scientists prefer to poo-poo Native stories, but I believe thre is a grain of truth in Native Am stories, just as when dealing with family legends, stories, etc.
I was talking with some people here in the little Ozark town I live in one time and Monty, a mild mannered down to earth guy, not one to make up stuff, etc, told me that several years ago, before it was against the law to excavate burials, some archaelogists uncovered 8 ft tall skeletons here in the county we're in. A few weeks later, I was talking with another person, and out of the blue she told me that she used live near the county line in a house that had weird stuff going on. She finally moved out because of it being 'haunted' with evil spirits, but she told me that a neighbo down the road from her, told her that several years ago they had uncovered 8 feet tall skeletons on her property. It creeped him out so much that he refused to go into further detail with her on hte skeletons.
I used to not believe this stuff and thought it was made up stuff, but now...seeing and discerning what I feel about the college education system and the whole secular 'establishment'(and also certain religious establishments, too) which is run by satan, I now tend to see that it really is reversed. What may seem strange and bizarre, really is the truth, and what is mainstream, safe, and boring, is a sham, made up to cover up the reality of this present world being in control of satan--
You don't hear about the giant skeletons, etc in mainstream news, media, because all of this is covered up and not talked about. Also, it's also possible that weird stuff happens to people who uncover this stuff. I had someone tell me that one time he and hsi partner were digging for arrowheads and uncovered a burial of a baby skeleton and all at once, the wind started blowing and the hair on the back of their necks stood on end, and feeling that it was connected with the burial, they immediately buried the baby back up and the wind died down.
I also read that the Smithsonian took a bunch of 'ooparts" out of place artifacts, giant skeletons, etc and dumped then in the ocean to cover up the reality of giants, nephilim, etc.
The giant skeletons are often described as having an extra row of teeth, and 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟121,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Native Americans have stories of doing battle with giants with red hair and double rows of teeth. I believe this is fact! Western historians and scientists prefer to poo-poo Native stories, but I believe thre is a grain of truth in Native Am stories, just as when dealing with family legends, stories, etc.
I was talking with some people here in the little Ozark town I live in one time and Monty, a mild mannered down to earth guy, not one to make up stuff, etc, told me that several years ago, before it was against the law to excavate burials, some archaelogists uncovered 8 ft tall skeletons here in the county we're in. A few weeks later, I was talking with another person, and out of the blue she told me that she used live near the county line in a house that had weird stuff going on. She finally moved out because of it being 'haunted' with evil spirits, but she told me that a neighbo down the road from her, told her that several years ago they had uncovered 8 feet tall skeletons on her property. It creeped him out so much that he refused to go into further detail with her on hte skeletons.
I used to not believe this stuff and thought it was made up stuff, but now...seeing and discerning what I feel about the college education system and the whole secular 'establishment'(and also certain religious establishments, too) which is run by satan, I now tend to see that it really is reversed. What may seem strange and bizarre, really is the truth, and what is mainstream, safe, and boring, is a sham, made up to cover up the reality of this present world being in control of satan--
You don't hear about the giant skeletons, etc in mainstream news, media, because all of this is covered up and not talked about. Also, it's also possible that weird stuff happens to people who uncover this stuff. I had someone tell me that one time he and hsi partner were digging for arrowheads and uncovered a burial of a baby skeleton and all at once, the wind started blowing and the hair on the back of their necks stood on end, and feeling that it was connected with the burial, they immediately buried the baby back up and the wind died down.
I also read that the Smithsonian took a bunch of 'ooparts" out of place artifacts, giant skeletons, etc and dumped then in the ocean to cover up the reality of giants, nephilim, etc.
The giant skeletons are often described as having an extra row of teeth, and 6 fingers on each hand and 6 toes on each foot.
I read about extra rows of teeth somewhere. I think maybe west coast or something. Maybe I'll find the link, I don't like to go on one report though. Thanks Cherokeehippie for sharing.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Peter the Great had a keen interest in these types of genetic mutations. He had an entire museum of the stuff. Some of it travels now and can be seen here in the west. I saw some of it while in Russia. No second row of teeth, but other stuff that was really outlandish.

Upvote 0