Neo-Nazis Have No First Amendment Right to Harassment, Judge Rules

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Neo-Nazis Have No First Amendment Right to Harassment, Judge Rules
A lawsuit accusing the publisher of the neo-Nazi site Daily Stormer of coordinating a "terror campaign" of online harassment against a Jewish real estate agent cannot be dismissed on First Amendment grounds, a federal judge in Montana ruled this week.

In his ruling denying a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, Dana L. Christensen, the chief judge for United States District Court in Missoula, Mont., wrote that the real estate agent, Tanya Gersh, was a private citizen, not a public figure, and that the publisher, Andrew Anglin, incited his followers to harass her as part of a personal campaign.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,917.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Who sued them?
Well there was the bike lock guy. Still I'm only asking if Antifa has had similar legal condemnations. They are far more prominent and disruptive than white supremacists who can't even gather successfully at Charlottesville.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well there was the bike lock guy. Still I'm only asking if Antifa has had similar legal condemnations. They are far more prominent and disruptive than white supremacists who can't even gather successfully at Charlottesville.

Legal condemnations as you call them only happen in court. So when have they been in court?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,917.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
In court? Not that I know of. Prove me wrong?

Prove you wrong why? All I did was ask a question. You didn't answer and suggested that Antifa had not been condemned in court.

I think they ought to because they are far more a nuisance and danger to public safety than any Neo-Nazi group.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,917.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The thread is about Nazis and people are already trying to deflect to antifa. Considering neo-Nazis have been active for decades, what did people do before antifa became the whatabout de jour?

Is it not an apt comparison? Should not Antifa also be made illegal since their entire operation is about harassing political opponents they describe as racist, sexist and bigoted? They don't merely incite people to harrass they go out and do it publicly.

You should be on board with condemning both sides right? I don't think anyone should harass anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,917.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think that it is very telling when some people just can’t admit that NAZI’s are bad and have to play what about.
That's an interesting charge. Who said Nazi's weren't bad? I think they're bad but there more prominent hate groups.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Is it not an apt comparison? Should not Antifa also be made illegal since their entire operation is about harassing political opponents they describe as racist, sexist and bigoted? They don't merely incite people to harrass they go out and do it publicly.

You should be on board with condemning both sides right? I don't think anyone should harass anyone.
If you're so obsessed with antifa, then create a thread about it, this is about neo-Nazis and their ongoing campaign of violence and hate.

Upvote 0

Tiras84

Nov 22, 2018
Saginaw
✟8,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prove you wrong why? All I did was ask a question. You didn't answer and suggested that Antifa had not been condemned in court.

I think they ought to because they are far more a nuisance and danger to public safety than any Neo-Nazi group.
Then file a lawsuit against them. And good luck with that.

Upvote 0

Tiras84

Nov 22, 2018
Saginaw
✟8,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

you seem to have not read the OP.
"In his ruling denying a motion to dismiss the lawsuit, Dana L. Christensen, the chief judge for United States District Court in Missoula, Mont., wrote that the real estate agent, Tanya Gersh, was a private citizen, not a public figure, and that the publisher, Andrew Anglin, incited his followers to harass her as part of a personal campaign."

Upvote 0