Feb 9, 2014
✟903,275.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Joe Rogan is a fool, but if we refuse to share platforms with people whose opinions differ to our own then we'd get nowhere.

Of course there's a line, but this one is a peculiar hill to die on despite the fact Joe Rogan's comments are dangerous at times.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟580,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No offense to Neil old er Young, but Rogan is considerably more contemporary. So it seems likely that's who Spotify will go with given a choice between the two. Plus a southern man don't need Niel Young around anyhow.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟580,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No offense to Neil old er Young, but Rogan is considerably more contemporary. So it seems likely that's who Spotify will go with given a choice between the two. Plus a southern man don't need Niel Young around anyhow.

Edit: I didn't read far enough to see that happened lol.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Joe Rogan is a fool, but if we refuse to share platforms with people whose opinions differ to our own then we'd get nowhere.

Of course there's a line, but this one is a peculiar hill to die on despite the fact Joe Rogan's comments are dangerous at times.

Niel can shut himself in his closet, sing whiny songs, and throw needles at Joe's posters; while Joe gets all of the attention, and rakes in the dough. I can appreciate Neil making a stand of silencing himself to his audience, for the sake of making a statement.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Niel can shut himself in his closet, sing whiny songs, and throw needles at Joe's posters; while Joe gets all of the attention, and rakes in the dough. I can appreciate Neil making a stand of silencing himself to his audience, for the sake of making a statement.

Rogan is their cash cow meanwhile Young will loose 60% of his profit now...probably not how he thought it would turn out LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Rogan is their cash cow meanwhile Young will loose 60% of his profit now...probably not how he thought it would turn out LOL

Maybe all of that free spirited thinking in the '60's has affected his reasoning skills later on in life; but it's good to see him taking one for the team.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Maybe all of that free spirited thinking in the '60's has affected his reasoning skills later on in life; but it's good to see him taking one for the team.

For someone who people thought was for free speech, he is pretty intolerant of it!

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He got what he asked for now I bet he is not happy, oh well, he over estimated his value.

Perhaps -- or perhaps it's a matter of principle for him...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Young sold half his music catalog last year for $150 million; I doubt he's hurting for cash...

• Winner
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,094,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
For someone who people thought was for free speech, he is pretty intolerant of it!

Indeed, and for someone who surrounded himself with people who made their own prescriptions about how they were altering the natural state of their bodies; he sure made a quick turn about. It's like he was swept up and deprogrammed. If we could bottle that; we could cure those who suffer from drug abuse.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

How so? If someone was shouting Nazi propaganda (for example), I wouldn't want to be in the same room...

Upvote 0