Colorado
✟432,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Neil is my original drum hero from like 35 years ago. And to this day, as a drummer, I still find new elements to his playing on the recordings.

'There’s a quote that I use: “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” Most human life is made up of some mixture of happiness and misery.'
-Neil Peart

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
House of Hair Stations List by State - House of Hair with Dee Snider

Dee Snider usually does a double request during the final hour of his weekly syndicated show, and whether by coincidence or last-minute editing that double request this week is for Rush, with the person making the request specifically bringing up Neil Peart.

There will be a number of stations playing the show today and tomorrow (re: Sunday), so I'm linking to the official list of stations (which, admittedly, is out of date) if anyone wants to tune in and hear it for themselves.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Arguably the greatest rock drummer of all time.

If Rush ever decided to do another tour down the road (or as a tribute to him), the list of people who could fill in for him would be extremely short.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
Arguably the greatest rock drummer of all time.

If Rush ever decided to do another tour down the road (or as a tribute to him), the list of people who could fill in for him would be extremely short.
I think Danny Carey from Tool could do it. He's phenomenal. Whether the styles would mesh up is a different question. Possibly, Mario Duplantier from Gojira.

But, yeah, short list. (Not being an aficionado, of course my list is short ;))

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think Danny Carey from Tool could do it. He's phenomenal. Whether the styles would mesh up is a different question. Possibly, Mario Duplantier from Gojira.

But, yeah, short list. (Not being an aficionado, of course my list is short ;))

If I were to pick a "replacement drummer", I think my vote would go to Tim "Herb" Alexander from Primus, as Primus was a band that was largely influenced by Rush (3-man band where the bassist was the singer, unconventional styles, and all 3 members getting the chance to shine).

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten to see Rush live 4 times, was impressed every time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
If I were to pick a "replacement drummer", I think my vote would go to Tim "Herb" Alexander from Primus, as Primus was a band that was largely influenced by Rush (3-man band where the bassist was the singer, unconventional styles, and all 3 members getting the chance to shine).

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten to see Rush live 4 times, was impressed every time.
I've never listened to Primus. I'll give 'em a go. Thanks.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've never listened to Primus. I'll give 'em a go. Thanks.
In a lot of their concerts and live performances, they used to include (or start with) YYZ rendition as a tribute to Rush.

They even performed at their HOF induction ceremony...

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
In a lot of their concerts and live performances, they used to include (or start with) YYZ rendition as a tribute to Rush.

*snip*
OK. Those guys are amazing musicians. Les can sure slap that bass. And, Alexander is as advertised, great.

But, um, how do I put this ... I'd pay not to have to listen to Les sing.

• Haha
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
This weekend's episode of "The Classics with Steve Downes" was all about famous and/or influential drummers in rock & roll.

Not only did Neil Peart come up, they even played part of an interview with him.

I wonder how far in advance this episode was done as well.

• Informative
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟931,727.00
Faith
Atheist
Triple play: "Sammy Hagar's Top Rock Countdown" was looking at opening tracks from classic albums, and Rush's "Tom Sawyer" wound up on the list.
Tom Sawyer is a must. Absolutely awesome ... even if some find it cliche to say so.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Another drummer who is Neil Peart level who Rush could tap for a tribute show or to do future performances.

Massive skills and showmanship there. Lots of fun. I do feel Neil's drumming was quite a bit more put-together, harder hitting, and with uncanny perfect time - even if some other drummers have more speed and chops.

Upvote 0