catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"The rise in the new atheism and Biblical literalism have made it a commonplace that science and religion are in conflict, and young people are absorbing the idea as axiomatic."

Bingo. That's the illusion today, but the reality is Christianity and science fit together well, without any significant conflict anywhere I know of, and I have read many thousands of science articles on all levels including high level science journalism to professional journals (physics and astrophysics and some evolutionary biology, etc.).

There is no conflict between the Bible and mainstream science anywhere.

But the axiomatic popular perception is increasingly that there is. Perhaps the great falling away of Matthew chapter 24 is having the groundwork laid.

Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you actually read the article there is no mention by DeGrasse that “Catholicism is THE science friendly religion” so that part is just mispresentation.

They merely seem to agree that Catholic Church has had notable scientists as well as some not so nice heretic burnings like poor monk Bruno that got widely introduced in one cosmos episode.

DeGrasse would rather not speak about God at all and has the attitude of atheist although with far more charm and finesse than most.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I think that athiest scientists have a great deal to be blamed for the conflict between science and religion. Well known cosmologist Stephen Hawking is an athiest who has attacked God on a number of occasions.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is that atheist scientists want to lock Quantum Physics and physical time in, as a constant, to suit their attacking on the Bible, when they know the opposite is true. Physical time is a variable and not constant. Using Albert Einstiens 'Theory of Reletivity', 'Time Dilation', billions of years of star formation can occur in six days. This is proven scientific fact.

Over in the Creationism CF forum we are discussing all this. I would love to discuss it with you all, either here or there.

The Aliens are going to laugh at earth cosmologists explaining 13.8 billion years from creation.

Upvote 0

Favourofone

Dec 28, 2017
Stockhol
✟18,322.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that atheist scientists want to lock Quantum Physics and physical time in, as a constant, to suit their attacking on the Bible

I thought the problem was there wasn’t any shred of evidence to support creationist theories so all they could do is muddle waters, twist words, quote pick and use magical what if’s and could be’s to discredit other theories as if this somehow makes their ravings more credible.

Why not forget it. There isn’t evidence for young earth or young universe , just accept it , call it on faith and say it is a miracle. Nobody can prove it isn’t.

That will leave real scientist more time to do something useful instead of refuting creationists weekly theories for tabloids.

Upvote 0

StevenMerten

I Love You, God!
Dec 27, 2005
Lynnwood, WA
Visit site
✟69,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought the problem was there wasn’t any shred of evidence to support creationist theories so all they could do is muddle waters, twist words, quote pick and use magical what if’s and could be’s to discredit other theories as if this somehow makes their ravings more credible.

Why not forget it. There isn’t evidence for young earth or young universe , just accept it , call it on faith and say it is a miracle. Nobody can prove it isn’t.

That will leave real scientist more time to do something useful instead of refuting creationists weekly theories for tabloids.

Hello Favourofone,

Welcome! Thank you for wanting to discuss this! Yes! It is very deceptive how atheist scientists have convinced the world that God absolutely could not have created the universe thousands of years ago.

Have you ever seen ‘Planet of the Apes’? The astronaut, landing back on earth, thousands of years into the future, while only traveling for minuets or hours, is based on scientific fact. We have to have computers to constantly recalculate our GPS satellites, simply because their elapsing time is slower than the rate of elapsing time on earth. Albert Einstein discovered this variation in elapsing time and published his ‘Theory of Relativity’ in the early 1900s.

At the speed of light, physical time stops. Today, if you see a ray of light which initiated at the ‘Big Bang’ of creation, 0 physical time has elapsed for that ray of light, because it is traveling at the speed of light.

All God has to do is put earth at the speed of light and billions of years of star formation can occur in six days. Atheist scientists are lying to you when then they demand that God could not have created the universe thousands or tens of thousands of years ago.

Time dilation and space flight

Time dilation would make it possible for passengers in a fast-moving vehicle to travel further into the future while aging very little, in that their great speed slows down the rate of passage of on-board time. That is, the ship's clock (and according to relativity, any human traveling with it) shows less elapsed time than the clocks of observers on earth. For sufficiently high speeds the effect is dramatic. For example, one year of travel might correspond to ten years at home. Indeed, a constant 1 g acceleration would permit humans to travel through the entire known Universe in one human lifetime. The space travelers could return to Earth billions of years in the future. A scenario based on this idea was presented in the novel Planet of the Apes by Pierre Boulle.

Quoted From: Wikipedia Time Dilation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums