Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟99,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
My friend became a christian because her neighbours cared enough to go tell them the gospel on their doorstep, as theyd heard them constantly fighting (with boyfriends) previously and knew they needed salvation. I thank God for those meddling christian neighbours.

Then it seems you know what to do and you didn't need to post here and gossip more about their private lives. Go and share the gospel with them because you truly love them and sincerely care for their souls. Not because you selfishly want them to shut up or move or you want to make sure that they know how offended you are at their existence by airing your petty grievances. And do not gossip about them with other neighbors because you want to fish for information on them. If you are being told by other neighbors that they listen to Christian music, then you are engaging them to talk about the offending neighbors. I know you post on here about your job difficulties and you don't want one, but maybe if you were busy doing something concerning your own affairs you wouldn't have time to meddle and you would be tired enough to sleep through things.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: DawnStar
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So, dont bother praying for them?
You wouldnt pray for your neighbours if you saw them having troubles? No good samaritans? Dont answer the door if a widow comes to you knocking at midnight asking for bread?
Ok. Whatever. If someones being abusive just turn a blind eye and a deaf ear. Ok.

Didnt know some christians were so heartless. Thought we were meant to love our neighbours, like the second commandment, but ok. I will just ignore them when they having a knockdown drag out fight and not even bother calling the police. Police are useless anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟99,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
"So, dont bother praying for them?
You wouldnt pray for your neighbours if you saw them having troubles? No good samaritans? Dont answer the door if a widow comes to you knocking at midnight asking for bread?
Ok. Whatever. If someones being abusive just turn a blind eye and a deaf ear. Ok.

Didnt know some christians were so heartless. Thought we were meant to love our neighbours, like the second commandment, but ok. I will just ignore them when they having a knockdown drag out fight and not even bother calling the police. Police are useless anyway."

If you are a Christian, you should already be praying for them. You should not need people on an advice forum to tell you to do that. I can't believe you would not pray for them unless someone here told you it was in the Bible to do so. Use common sense and act like a Christian. Do you not have a relationship with the Lord to ask Him to guide you in specifics? You were given good Biblical advice here and you choose to ignore it and complain and bash the people giving you advice. And I told you to call the police if you suspected real abuse going on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think if these neighbours ask me for help I will give it, but is concerning that they arguing right in the street where I can hear or in the middle of the night outside my window.

If i hadnt yelled STOP maybe they would have kept on.

It wasnt like they have a party or were drunk or anything. You can usually ignore those things as people get a bit silly and its alright in the morning but if it continues on again im not going to tolerate it.

From what my neighbour had shared (and i didnt even need to ask) she had been going through a tough time. I hope she and her partner can get along because coming up from the country and maybe not knowing anybody I am her nearest neighbour.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this woman being beaten? You have evidence of this? This is not in your op and later in this thread you are saying it like it is fact. Spousal/ domestic abuse is a very serious accusation and I don't think you should throw that around about someone elses marriage and reputation unless you have concrete evidence that it is happening or your suspicions are based on real evidence other than you just heard an arguement where no one was being physically assaulted. If this is really happening, then you do need to visit your neighbor asap and ask if she is ok, urge her to leave to a safe place, and call the police.

Upvote 0

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
It really isnt on me if the lady is beaten black and blue has money withheld and i didnt bother to ask her if she was ok. As people say let them sort it out themselves. After all they choose to live together.
You did not mention physical abuse in your OP and I also believe a couple of us said if it WAS physical abuse you should call the authorities. You are changing your story in the middle of the thread. You seem to have a bad habit of doing that when no one is telling you what you want to hear. This is dishonest and disrespectful to those who believe you are telling the truth and are trying to give you advise. Be careful or people will begin to paint you as nothing but a liar and a busybody.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will just keep them in prayer. I guess its hard to know what to do in some situations although Jesus did say we are neighbours if we have compassion.

Maybe they just like yelling and screaming for the sake of it. Of course it has nothing to do with me even though it was in the middle of the night right outside my window and if our chicken is dead i suppose it shouldnt affect me at all.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what kind of answer you are seeking, but even if you are annoyed with their actions; it doesn't take much to be a kind neighbor. You seem annoyed by every answer people here have provided. There is Biblical support for forgiving and being hospitable AND for minding your own business. Pray and ask God to guide you. If they are new to the neighborhood, it is an excellent suggestion to bring them a gift, introduce yourself, and tell them if they need something you are right next door. Or even ask if they have anything you can pray with them about. Kindness and being there for someone if they have a need costs nothing. You need to forgive them and be loving; no matter what they have done. Held grudges hurt you; not others.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟326,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No one needs their sleep disturbed and their chickens or any other pets in danger of being killed.

As the wife of a cop and a Christian, forgive them for the damage already done, and pray for them. Speak to them kindly about the situation, but tell them firmly and lovingly you won't tolerate any more, and the next time you will call the police.

I'm praying for you.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I started praying more, mum was so upset over the chicken..we always knew they had a dog that one day might kill our chicken the neighbour said he felt bad and wanted to make it up to us, but we cant have another chicken now, cos she was special i think he could make it up to us by looking after their own pets and not arguing over with his partner over money.

I mean we could have told the council and the dog could have been destroyed cos it went on our property. But it was dads fault too as he left our gate open. :-(

The lady told me that there was suicide in her family i dont know why she started telling me her life story so I felt a bit of compassion for her seems like shes going through some tough times, i cant ignore things like this and pretend everythings hunky dory.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry about your chicken, but he did the right thing owning up to it, apologizing to you guys and offering to replace it. That doesn't help with pain of losing a pet, but I can't see anything more he could have done on his side since that happened. They shouldn't have let the dog out accidentally but unfortunately tragic things happen like that where animals mix.

As for the fighting, we had neighbors like that. He eventually left her and the kids. A lot of couples fight - if it's too disruptive you could do a phone call but the advice here has been good and biblical. Let them seek out their own solutions unless they ask for help or things get physical, and pray for their peace for fighting and marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I once did an armed hold up course for work and we had a reenactment of someone threatening us ...we leanred if someone is desperate for money just give it to them. Its not worth fighting over a few dollars.

The underlying cause, i dont know. But if someone is that despearate, something is wrong. Im just concerned for everyones safety.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I also know one woman who staged something to get her bf put in jail. She lied to the police and to me about what really happened. I wasnt there, but she couldnt sort her crap out so got the police involved. I had to make a statement. But at least i didnt have to go to court as a witness or anything.

Upvote 0