Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My neighbours down the back seem to be having problems and arguments can hear from my bedroom out on the street cursing each other. Its disturbing what do we as christians do or do we just pray.

Think they are a couple, they seemd to have just moved in recently, arguing over money or something. I heard the woman screaming give me back my money..

Both seem really nice as individuals but together they just dont get along.
Also their dog killed our chicken the other week. The gate was left open. The guy was apologetic. He wanted to buy us a new hen but mum was too heartbroken.

Not sure if should reach out or do anything. What do you do if your neighbours are disturbing you and seem like they fighting all the time?

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
since they're new in the neighborhood it would be nice to take them a small welcome gift. It takes time to settle in anywhere new and unfamiliar, so the friendly face of someone aquainted with the area can really help.

I would do it at a time when the husband wasn't home so you could just talk to the wife.
be nice, and let her know that you're available should she ever need help, indicate which house is yours, say that she's welcome to visit any time, and leave it at that.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
since they're new in the neighborhood it would be nice to take them a small welcome gift. It takes time to settle in anywhere new and unfamiliar, so the friendly face of someone aquainted with the area can really help.

I would do it at a time when the husband wasn't home so you could just talk to the wife.
be nice, and let her know that you're available should she ever need help, indicate which house is yours, say that she's welcome to visit any time, and leave it at that.

I agree with pdudgeon.

I would be lifting them and their household up in prayer.

Praying (((hug)))

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Now im confused there seems to be conflicting advice on here. What is the christian thing to do, not what you would do but what the bible says to do.

Of course i dont want to get involved in a fight that would be stupid. But at a peaceful time maybe if I see the lady cos I have chatted with her over the fence before, maybe just say hey are you ok?

It has happened twice so far heard them the first time disturbed my sleep so much i opened the window and just said stop it. Im sure all the other neighbours heard and the guy apologised. Why they fighting or arguing out on the street I dont know. It shouldnt be any of my business but its disturbing, esp when Im trying to sleep and they being noisy as.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What would a good prayer be. LOrd stop them fighting so I can have peace? Or would that be a selfish prayer.

Women dont usually scream for no reason. It was lots of arguing and then car doors slamming and them coming and going.

When someone elses dogs kills your chicken and when someone elses cat puts your own cat in stitches that cost several hundred dollars at the vet well its kinda like living next door to enemy territory ya know. If they cant control their pets what can happen next. Its not like our pets ever go to their property they invade ours. Maybe put up a higher fence or hedge?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

What would be a suitable gift? I cant give them fruit from our tree as tried to do that once with other neighbours but mum said no.
As lived here all my life and never really moved house i dont remember being welcomed to a neighbourhood. I do have a box of chocolates spare tho. I think they just renting. The previous orginial neighbour was a grump who nobody liked. It was a broken home, felt sorry for the kid. Dont know what happened to the mother, they split up.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Always seem to have trouble with the neighbours down the back. Before it was noisy motorbikes, dogs, then a nasty cat. Ai

Anyway at least they not drug dealers well i hope not. I was housesitting for a lady once and it turned out one of her neighbours dealt in P and I was staying all that time and didnt know.

We are not a ritzy neighbourhood but stuff happens anywhere in the richer suburbs its no different they just get burgled more.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now im confused there seems to be conflicting advice on here. What is the christian thing to do, not what you would do but what the bible says to do.

Proverbs 20:3It is an honor for a man to cease from strife,but every fool will be meddling.

Peter 4:15 but let none of you suffer as a murderer or as a theif,or as an evil doer,or as a busbody in other mens matters.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Their dog killed our chicken, so..not sure how it would be a foolish to say to them anything. We just forgave them. Dont want any trouble. I dont care what the issue is, just as long as they not disturbing my sleep and killing our pets.

We still have one chicken left.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My brother once rang the police when he heard people having a fight next door and mum said dont. Let them sort their own fights out. I dont know who is right or wrong but he used to be in this bedroom and obviosuly couldnt get any sleep when they were yelling and screaming at each other. Thankfully those bad neighbours moved away.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will just pray the Lord send them some money or forgive their debts. It seems to be most peoples arguments are always about money.

This morning sitting on my deck heard them again. As far as i know they have just moved up here from the country and i guess they finding out just how expensive it is to live here.

Also remember the lady telling me of some tragedy in her family. :-(
I hope they know the Lord, the other neighbours seem to as heard them playing christian music one sunday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Do you know what the bible says to do? It says to mind your own business.
1 Thessalonians 4:11
and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
1 Thess. 4:11
And the other verses you were given. Just because their pet accidentally got out and killed a hen, does not mean that the couple is going to kill one another. That is overly dramatic and likely a huge falsehood. If you feel that there is domestic violence happening and you fear for the safety of one or both or that they are breaking laws by creating disturbances in the neighborhood, then as a moral person you should call the police. You should not be gossiping to the other neighbors about them. That's being a busybody.

• Agree
Reactions: DawnStar
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
My friend became a christian because her neighbours cared enough to go tell them the gospel on their doorstep, as theyd heard them constantly fighting (with boyfriends) previously and knew they needed salvation. I thank God for those meddling christian neighbours.

Upvote 0

Tull

Aug 13, 2016
Virginia
✟29,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anecdotal evidence does not negate what the bible days about meddling in other people's affairs,seems to me you already know what you want to do and want biblical support for it....but its not there so why not just do what you want to anyway,never met a meddler or busybody that did not justify themselves....just remember when it doesn't turn out the way you want and you have a boat load of trouble that you ask for you were warned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0