OkieIko

Jan 9, 2017
okc
✟844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't sure where to put this as I am new to the forum. I looked at all the different sections for about 5 minutes and landed here. Moderators feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum if this is not the right place.

There are so many moving parts to this situation, many of you will likely make some assumptions and come to some conclusions that are incorrect. First off, this is a condominium, not an apartment. So no apartment manager or anything like that. There is a Homeowners Association that is responsible for enforcing rules of the community and they are besieged with so many complaints they rarely solve problems other than when the roof blows off and stuff like that.

I just don't have time to go into all the details. I am going to have to sell this place to some other unwitting individual. I got a good deal on it, and this obviously why, so I will give the next buyer a good deal. I guess that is another issue altogether of whether it is ethical to sell this place to another without informing them of this situation. I have owned the place for 3 years but only started living here full time a few months ago. I was on the road driving a truck so was only here about 5 days a month before. When I saw this neighbor praying then, I thought this is good. A little more public and in your face than I would prefer, but much better than all other possibilities that come with neighbors.

Then one day I tried to introduce myself and she gave me a mean look and walked on. Another day she called me an idiot. Then, "there you go and your stupid dog," when I was walking my dog. A lot of these condos in this general area are empty and I think this is the reason. Some people are gone most of the time like I used to be, but it seems some have just abandoned ship. Part of the rules here are that you are not allowed to rent. This is an owner-occupied property.

And the prayers outside are not the only thing. The noise continues indoors with constant loud praise and worship music which she leaves on when she goes to work. She works as a dishwasher at a restaurant next door. So in order for me to sleep I have to use earplugs and static wind noise coming from my speakers. Otherwise I like praise and worship music.

I could write a book on everything that has occurred over this. When I knocked on her door to tell her about the noise she called the police and said I was harassing her. I went to the restaurant next door where she works and had the waiter take a note back to her asking her to please turn off her stereo when she goes to work. She called the police and said I had been stalking her as if it was an ongoing situation. The police are familiar with her, but of course they had to check everything out and I was afraid I might be arrested. They said I need to call them on her she is making noise so I did that. They banged on her door for 10 minutes and she would not answer. They are supposedly sending her a summons to appear in court and I would have to go testify against her.

I do not want to be responsible for sending this woman into the mental health system. I found out her daughter owns this property and I don't know how to contact her. So I am writing here to vent I guess as much as anything. I don't use or sell drugs, and I don't think there are any drug dealers in this complex.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This appears to be old Satan up to his tricks...I will pray.
Dear Father, we pray for a solution to this problem, in Jesus name. Amen

You really do need a Pastor who has some authority to help her.

Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh Man I feel for you my friend. This kind of crazy is tough to handle because it's so confrontational. It's designed to provoke you and when you reach out she gets exactly what she wants which is confrontation. Then her approach switches to being a victim and then the cycle repeats.

Upvote 0

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Such difficult neighbors are a trial by fire, that's for sure; but I have no advice for you except to either endure and take it as a way to work on patience and endurance, or move away. If you are summoned to court, then give true testimony and let it work itself out in such manner; possibly for the benefit of many.

But in light of this, let me praise God for the mobility of my minimalist lifestyle. Thank you, Lord, for my freedom of movement.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi okielko,

Man, you're in a tough situation. She seems to likely be pentacostal in her basic belief and understanding of God. She believes in the covering of the blood of Jesus and, it would seem, based on what you've written about her leaving the music on constantly, believes that such praise also covers her home.

However, as far as a solution to the problem, you might try sitting down with her and befriending her and just making known your requests. Especially about keeping the music down. She seems to be one who likes to 'show off' her religion. She could have made the prayer that she made from inside her unit, but chooses to stand outside with arms held high so that everyone can see her 'religious' practice.

You also could pray for her and ask God for relief. He is in the business of doing miracles. However, the Scriptures do give some instruction in praying and provide examples of how the first apostles handled prayer. Jesus didn't look so kindly on the one who made a loud show of his praying and instructed that when we pray we go into a quiet room and make our prayers known to God.

Finally, yes, selling is likely your best option and you're right, even if she wasn't there, if most or many of the units are vacant, you're not likely to get a good price.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If she is violating the laws of the government, there is nothing wrong with calling the police and/or testifying against her. There are all kinds of good things you can do to show yourself a child of God, if you want to. Do them as if doing them for the Lord, though. It looks like she is not going to thank you. The fact that she is doing this outside makes it an issue that shouldn't necessarily be handled by you, an individual.

Part of the Lord's prayer is to be delivered from evil. Everyone should be praying this regularly. Don't neglect this. If her curses have any power, they will bring harm to her (reflected in God's attitude in Genesis 12:3), so pray for her mental health, well being, and to know the Lord's love.

Upvote 0

OkieIko

Jan 9, 2017
okc
✟844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what church this woman goes to?

I would suggest a Matt 18 process with her church.

Oh Man I feel for you my friend. This kind of crazy is tough to handle because it's so confrontational. It's designed to provoke you and when you reach out she gets exactly what she wants which is confrontation. Then her approach switches to being a victim and then the cycle repeats.

I don't know what church she goes to. I have tried to talk to her to no avail and now the police say I should not speak to her.

This is true PottersHands.

Upvote 0

OkieIko

Jan 9, 2017
okc
✟844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi okielko,

Man, you're in a tough situation. She seems to likely be pentacostal in her basic belief and understanding of God. She believes in the covering of the blood of Jesus and, it would seem, based on what you've written about her leaving the music on constantly, believes that such praise also covers her home.

However, as far as a solution to the problem, you might try sitting down with her and befriending her and just making known your requests. Especially about keeping the music down. She seems to be one who likes to 'show off' her religion. She could have made the prayer that she made from inside her unit, but chooses to stand outside with arms held high so that everyone can see her 'religious' practice.

You also could pray for her and ask God for relief. He is in the business of doing miracles. However, the Scriptures do give some instruction in praying and provide examples of how the first apostles handled prayer. Jesus didn't look so kindly on the one who made a loud show of his praying and instructed that when we pray we go into a quiet room and make our prayers known to God.

Finally, yes, selling is likely your best option and you're right, even if she wasn't there, if most or many of the units are vacant, you're not likely to get a good price.

God bless you,
In Christ, ted

If she is violating the laws of the government, there is nothing wrong with calling the police and/or testifying against her. There are all kinds of good things you can do to show yourself a child of God, if you want to. Do them as if doing them for the Lord, though. It looks like she is not going to thank you. The fact that she is doing this outside makes it an issue that shouldn't necessarily be handled by you, an individual.

Part of the Lord's prayer is to be delivered from evil. Everyone should be praying this regularly. Don't neglect this. If her curses have any power, they will bring harm to her (reflected in God's attitude in Genesis 12:3), so pray for her mental health, well being, and to know the Lord's love.

thanks to you all. The police say I should not talk to her. I have tried talking to her and she calls me an idiot. It is kind of ironic that after I bought this place some of the other tenants tried to warn me about her. But I dismissed their warnings thinking they didn't understand prayer or were maybe prejudiced racially and/or religiously. I went out of my way to try to give this neighbor the benefit of the doubt.

I agree Miamited, I will plan to sell in the Spring. And you are right Greg, I might have to testify against her. This could be God's will for waking her up. I thought by going to her workplace I could "wake her up" so to speak or shock some sense into her. But then I almost get arrested for stalking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OkieIko

Jan 9, 2017
okc
✟844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To add to the drama, this is a university town, Norman OK. And this woman is the ex-wife of a star Oklahoma running back in the late 70's who also went on to play in the NFL. I also discovered she has filed several bankruptcies.

But this in itself engenders some sympathy in my regard as I think maybe she got saved after these difficulties and all of this intense praying is her way of working through it. So you're all right it is a difficult situation.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what church she goes to. I have tried to talk to her to no avail and now the police say I should not speak to her.
Wise advice about not talking to her directly any more IMO.

But perhaps you should follow her on some Sunday (or Saturday) morning to see what congregation she goes to. Then talk to the senior pastor there.

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He's been accused of stalking and the police have said not to talk to her. I think that would be a very bad idea. She has already taken the problem outside of Matthew 18 behavior.

If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. (Matthew 18:17, 1984 NIV)

The question is not, has he tried getting her church to deal with her (to decide whether to treat her as a "pagan or a tax collector"), the question is, in what way does this remain a church issue since she did not listen to him? Because she is mentally ill, the question is not, does she need to be corrected, it is, does she need to be hospitalized? She has rejected "correction" from both the original poster and the police many times. Her problems may be a church issue, but that is between her and her church and it is none of the original poster's business. The original poster is connected to her problems because she has made them public problems.

Upvote 0