Needs to be completed by people of church or other christians who care

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
Maybe not the best post some error and some unorthodox beliefs according to the church but I may believe it. It is a burden I hope someone else completed it. I think someone needs to complete it but I post because I think we need to try to have understanding of gospel better. It is my job to complete it but I think it is important to have true understanding of gospel and not give advantage to satan.

If Jesus can not save those who are lost then there was never really ever any hope for me and I say the bible says there is hope for none who come not to the Father through Him and not our works. It is understanding the gospel which gives forgiveness of sins and which is food that helps us abide in Him. All His commandments must be done but they are fulfilled in the one who is saved just like the samaritan woman who had the Holy Spirit which would never make her thirst, that is to find life in the world things.

I can see why protestants may think the communion is done so we remember Him and therefore eat Him spiritually when we eat the bread. We are supposed to each of us help each other understand the gospel so we become one body and eat Him.
The church fellowship is to prepare us to know the gospel and we take the communion to declare and prove our unity and remember Him. If we take the body when we do not really understand the gospel we mock Him. And it is withdrawn to make people really know the gospel.So those outside the church I may believe they take communion also as they understand the gospel through the constant remembrance of His death through the Lord supper and hearing of gospel. I believe the communion is actually the body of Christ in the church but perhaps others also who celebrate it anywhere also might be taking it or through faith. I believe those who go to church need the church to prepare them to receive the gospel and christ so they are taking the communion but we don't know how others are prepared to receive it spiritually. But you can take communion even if you do not fully understand if you are trying to understand and ask Him to help you and our church believes the communion helps everyone's weakness. Maybe communion is truly offered only in the church but protestants are still saved another way and can they be saved in the last day suffering before that?
on what basis? I will subscribe that communion is given to all by true understanding of gospel and fellowship but I will go to church and take communion to maybe enlighten me on how it is accepting of protestants. I will go any to have peace with my church beliefs. But if I do not have peace then it may be as I describe here
why then is no one who takes communion in church without trying to know the gospel more not punished ? because they don't know they are not trying to understand the gospel. They are not aware they do not know it all. It seems some corinthians even tried to have communion without knowing why Jesus died even though they may have believed.

Im sure or I fear the devil will take me away from that simple faith out of jealousy

Salvation is through Believing in Jesus and works will follow.
If Jesus could not justify everyone who believes in Him at this moment and make Him righteous He could not be the Saviour of the world. He should be able to make everyone like St Mary of Egypt even while they are in the world. And we do not prove ourselves worthy of forgiveness by trying to again not sin on our own but we allow Him to put His Spirit in us that we may observe His statues.

Jesus said he who believes in Me the works I do he will do. That is even his works of compassion will come natural. He will not bury his talent he will tell the love of Jesus. That is why those on the right will say when did we see you and ministered. Suffering for Jesus came easy considering how He suffered for them and His strength is in them. This is not strange as we consider baptism dying with Him even though we do not die for Him.
Becoming saved is the difficult part and staying saved. Which explains why the way to heaven is harder
Therefore if we only see Him as Lord but not Saviour you give glory to yourself and not to God and bible says those works are filthy rags and we are not saved by works lest any man should boast.
Jesus said without abiding in Me you can produce no fruit and without Me you can do nothing. There is no fear in love but perfect love casts out fear. The love that is being talked about is understanding of the gospel through relationship with christ. Hence Paul says I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

He will not sin on purpose

What does it mean to accept Jesus as your personal Savior?

I fear we are not complete in understanding the parable of the wise and foolish virgins
I always have many interpretations of parables this one is one of them
I fear the 5 foolish are in fact those christians since they are trying to meet the bridegroom who see Jesus only as Lord but not as Saviour. The 5 wise have been saved by Jesus so they became holy but the oil they needed was to continue to understand the gospel so it produces holiness in them. The faith you had in Jesus at the beginning is not enough but you must grow in knowledge of Him as Saviour or maybe you had it from God but God does not keep it but expects you to maintain it and not lose it. That is why St John said I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know you have eternal life and that you continue to believe in the name of the Son of God. Jesus said to the disciples their names were written in heaven and we have our names written in the lambs book of life already but it can be blotted out. I believe a person could therefore be saved if he continues in the state he is in till death. He was never saved but he had the truth in Him which if he continues in he will be saved.
One interpretation I had is the foolish want you to wait for them to be like you before you do something else. Maybe they did not even wish to repent but to make the wise perish like them which explains why when they sought to buy they found none but they wished to repent if the wise are being saved.
That is why Pope Shenouda said when you are praying the devil sends you someone to tell you about some people who are fighting for you to go and make peace

The practicality of John 3:16

Jesus said He came not to condemn the world but that the world through Him might be saved. He said He who believes in the Son is not condemned

Jesus said He came not to lose one whom the Father has given Him (I believe by leaning on His teaching and having true understanding) but He will raise them up at the last day.

We need understanding for the bible says "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"

I think Jesus truly covers all our past present and future sins so long as we are not sinning willfully which is really rejection of Jesus.

I think sinning willfully is not ignoring what you know God said is right or are told by the church which you are convinced of mostly but you then change your mind a bit and think you know what is best to serve God. It is not any of that but wishing to show you do not fear the law. Challenging Him.Not falling out of weakness and habit which you are truly trying to overcome but making that decision often as a choice for love of sin. That sinning even out of habit is just a sign you may not be saved yet but your sins will be forgiven later if you are saved

I suppose even that is forgiven if one is found believing in Jesus before death for one may die without feeling even sorry for any of his sins and believing in christ and confessing Him for the Lord says to fear then for He will come when you are not looking for Him

The thing is we accept catholics now but we did not before. Pope Shenouda also worked for unity with protestants and he personally accepted them according to my confession father and that is true for he said those who believe in nicene cree d are christian.

We must try to accept them not only as person but as christian and learn from them

Lets face it if only orthodox are saved we are limiting God and there is little orthodox population in the world now and maybe future generations but not at the end perhaps. It is a possiblity if much of the world becomes orthodox but we can not say that is how it will be because we are not to say we know what God wants to happen. And not all orthodox are saved if they are not doing His will because maybe even they have not preached enough not that I believe we should judge other christians but that is supposing that is the way but I do not judge them if they do preach that if that is what they believe so long as they do not know they are hurting others and especially when other orthodox are doing their job of not judging cancelling their effect

My purpose of this post is to try to come back as I would be responsible for others being lost for making them doubt they can be saved outside of the church though I hope to be saved especially if I repent but the past may not be changeable. I have thought of leaving the church but I don't think I can do that and may be a stumbling block to those in the church. So why am I part of the church and why I don't preach and baptise with assurance? because I want to be sure what I am doing is right by participating in the church sacraments. I believe they are saved but I have to be sure there is still a lot of explaining to do since the bible teaches an actual priesthood given to the apostles and loosing and binding and laying on of hands and guarding of truth through the Holy Spirit in the church and order and so on. As part of the church I think it is not my job though I could preach and baptise with optimism but not assurance but I myself feel I need the sacraments also to make sure and it would be wrong of me since I was born in the orthodox faith to ignore all the sacraments until I am fully sure but we have to be careful about that as it may never be right to leave the church but I must be non offensive to those outside the church while I am in it

Last edited:

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
Those in the church must never leave it. God saves protestants according to St Theophan the Recluse. We are not better but we have a purpose in the church. We are part of that body. Especially those who are born into the church. To whom much is given more is required therefore we are not better. Some may be called into the church and some may not be. One is not better than the other. Some may be required to join but that is only those with knowledge they must. At any time all may be required to join but only God knows when that time is therefore it is still our job to preach but not definitely those who do not join have less reward because we do not know it is time. I believe He will make all know even those who are not like Cornelius for he was just used to start the gospel for the gentiles as all his family or friends benefited but especially to those who are like cornelius as long as you fear God even if you are not as good as cornelius but he may not be better than the typical protestant anyway. We are not chosen because of our past but our seeking Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
Many people claim they wish to make Jesus their Lord and expect Him to save. Maybe they are the ones who will say Lord Lord have we not prophesied.. I could be heading down that path
it is up to us to make Him our Lord and get constant grace from Him our daily bread. Perhaps we must work all our life for perfect knowledge of the gospel so we finally reach dispassion
Then again He may give us knowledge and grace sooner then we thought and put His statues in our hearts and keep us in Him or bring us back to Him.
After we have suffered a while St James says God will settle us

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
The only thing protestants lack is the communion and maybe baptism. Theirs may be accepted but we do not know. I will not risk my salvation by not taking it and others but I must be concerned most for mine. If everyone in the church would stay in the church I would consider preaching no need for church because there is so many christians outside the church that need to know they are accepted to live righteously because I trust many protestants also have communion and confess to their pastors and I can not limit if God wants to give grace to any other believer with good will who doesn't know he needs even to take communion in their own church though they do not believe they are actually eating His body and drinking His blood they believe He is present and abides with them in it and they believe they need it to be raised in the last day

Anyway I believe even if protestants do not have communion they have everything else and help the poor according to matthew 25 and I do not believe we can say any wilfully refuse the truth so I believe God could preach to them after death in the eyes of their loved ones but they don't know they are dead and even if they know Jesus raised many people from the dead when He was alive who died before their time and receiving His miracles and He may have His own way of testing people if they really refuse communion knowingly and if they are convinced but they are not sure but they feel it would hinder the gospel for others since He allowed these divisions but I can not say so for sure so maybe protestants should join the church.
Maybe we all will see God miracles to be orthodox but we don't know that. I mean for example a person's father is taken to another world before he dies which is probably what I meant before that they do not know they are dead.. to the child they have died but to them they never got sick and God will preach orthodoxy as He meant to them by miracles if need be.. Therefore we should always hope and fear our father is in heaven but we are not. What miracles will we have? well even the father may not get a miracle but he may accept the truth in that world maybe his chances are got in that world. We should assume the world we are in is also our own world where we are getting our fair chance.

Maybe all protestants should become orthodox so there is few protestants left and the majority will know they are wrong when they see orthodox produce fruit and protestants don't or the fruit of orthodox is more. If they say we are of the few who have the truth if the majority are in the church they can listen but they won't join for they will see they do not have fruit. Even if the churches split again they can do this again.

With reference to considering to say no need for church to help the majority who are not even sure they have the gospel unlike the church which should be sure I don't have all the answers and know what the result would be of no church it may also affect protestants as paul says if the first fruit is holy so are the rest- if we hurt people of church we hurt other christians or rest of the church. Besides it is protestants job to prove to me that Jesus didn't establish the church or the sacraments as essential for salvation. Every church is strong in certain points but especially our church has the sacraments which are essential to us. If people of church ignore confession the shepherding in church to guard from gates of hades
I don't know what the result would be. We have a wealth because we have sticked also to the ancient church teachings and therefore have good fellowship

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
I made the decision to completely accept Protestant despite my worry that non Christians may think I am non truthful to verse on last day and despite my knowledge of this verse
My heart is for these Christians and I believe Jesus cares for them
Hopefully non Christians seeing many or some orthodox accept Protestants they will join in and accept Christ as Christ also draws them to Him and how we interpret His loving message

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
““Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the LORD.”

- Jeremiah 23:1

Above I wished to say Protestants are saved despite some don't believe they need to accept the communion to be raised on the last day but some do believe but do not believe it is real flesh and blood they drink and God may require the ordained apostles to sanctify the gifts

My dad says whatever I said online I don't need to change it because I am not responsible for people decisions because I was worried Catholics and orthodox can convert to Protestantism but why would they do that I never said they are not Christian and I myself stay orthodox to not make divisions. The church has many good things you should benefit from but we should be hot in all things. I think there is a purpose for each church especially the church of God so we need people to uphold the truth and good things. There always will be people I hope but those who scatter by entering protestantism will lose their reward and maybe their salvation

My dad says it not our job to say God accepts Protestants or not accept them I mean completely or we would not be orthodox believing in the communion but we should personally accept them as Christian for they also brought many to Christ who completed their way in the church. It is up to God if He will completely accept them with full reward if I understand my dad correctly. My dad says we should focus on preaching to the billions of people who don't know Christ than those who do

As I said if any orthodox enters Protestantism he may lose his salvation but I can not say atleast he has Christ but he will lose his reward he makes divisions and does not uphold the
benefits world has of good fellowship but the church knows better he may lose his salvation

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
I just wanted to say even if you need to be orthodox which I may prefer to hold to be safe though I have reason to hope it is not true it is not our job to tell Protestants they are not saved but focus on those billions who don't know Christ or would be open to know more through you because if a Protestant is sincere to please Christ even if they are sinners God will reveal orthodoxy to them if they need it. They can know if they are safe in their way just by currently sincerely desiring to please God

I thought above 2 days ago but today I thought (therefore I should say this at end) this could be why Jesus said if anyone wills to do the Fathers will He will know the truth of His doctrine

Maybe that is what my dad meant by it is not our job to accept or not accept Protestants but I think he could have meant above. This is why Paul also said he rejoices the gospel is preached even by those with envy and Jesus wasn't worried the man who cast out demons but did not follow the disciples would stop people from being orthodox because their sincerity would make God show them

And I don't know if Protestants prefer me to accept their faith as full or at all or leave that to God. They harm no one by being sincere or being orthodox

I am not forcing them to be orthodox but to be sincere

You are not judging anyone if you are orthodox but you are leaving it to God and you dont need to be orthodox unless God shows you you should and maybe you shouldn't unless He shows you that incase you are concerned of other living Christians outside the church that you will stumble them for being orthodox now when you are not sure of it and if He does when you become orthodox maybe He can also tell you how He appeared in a vision to your loved one to be orthodox

But maybe you have to be open to hearing about orthodoxy or God will show you just from your asking Him I do not know. But beware believing everything in church just because they tell you it make sure God is leading you to it. If they try to keep you from thinking for yourself as the bereans who searched the scriptures to see if these things were so by not allowing you even to know how others interpret scripture.

But God is just and you should leave that to God An unbaptised baby will go to heaven if God sees fit (upon your repentance God may give opportunity for them to accept baptism Him perhaps being able just as John the baptised rejoiced in his mother womb upon the greeting of St Mary)
but you can not do anything about the dead you have responsibility for the living. They could go to limbo where they are very happy and aware of no loss and you can also visit them but they can't see the kingdom of God or go to it or they could go to heaven without being part of the kingdom of God that is also why they don't see it they enter but they understand nothing because they are undeveloped therefore it is like not seeing it or they could go
Those were my thoughts yesterday

I have made a decision today to care for my soul. If I lose my reward it is not as important as saving my soul. If I want reward I should preach when I have more faith or know and am teaching the truth

When Jesus said you have to be born of water and the Spirit who knows what that water meant could He not the apostles be the one who gives the water as He told the Samaritan woman He would give the living water ? But He also baptised not just John why is that ?

The communion could simply be believing Jesus came to die for them and raise again for He said what then if you should see the son of man ascend where He was before and then says His words are spirit whatever that means

I don't know that however and I am orthodox and believe currently the literal interpretation so I think it is best I should say I don't know if Protestants are saved

I can only prophesy in proportion to my faith and I believe God has built a church that everything was only valid by laying on of hands and baptism was literally practiced in bible with water even for those who had received the Holy communion

I can not say if Protestants are or are not saved but our beliefs are different some of them may believe the gospel correctly while we believe wrong but some or many of them are not even convinced of their faith

Maybe one day I will understand the gospel according to Protestants but for now I can not say they are either saved or not saved only God knows

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
I decided I will accept Protestants as fully Christian. If they ever feel problem with their church in growth the door to the church is open.

The problem is I am fighting 2017 years of church history. If I believe my church we believe the church maintained belief in communion literally. But I don't know if the church or all the important fathers actually ever condemned Protestantism as it did not exist then but rather other heresies were the problem and they did so willfully to attack church they were never sincere in their beliefs as with today and some orthodox churches pray for the dead

Anyway I accept Protestants

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Protestantism was condemned in the Papal bull of HH Pope Demetrios II (d. 1870), which you can read here, but that is clearly directed against the influence of Protestant missionaries and schools on Coptic people in Egypt, so it does not go into detail about Protestants as people or fellow Christians, beyond saying that the Coptic people should not attend or send their children to the Protestant-run schools.

While it is clear that there are some aspects of Protestantism that we do not and cannot agree with (just as they disagree with us on certain matters), I have never seen a statement by any Coptic Orthodox leader which was accepted by the Church that says that Protestants aren't Christians, of that they are damned by not being Orthodox, or anything like that. Of course they are Christians, if they believe in the Holy Trinity as we do. Yes, you can find some statements by modern leaders like H.E. Metropolitan Bishoy that some people claim say otherwise (I can't confirm that myself, because my Arabic is very poor), but these aren't accepted by the Church as being true. In his book Comparative Theology, you will see HH Pope Shenouda III refer to the behaviors or objections of Protestants by using the words "our Protestant brethren..." before describing what they do or say (e.g., "Our Protestant brethren frequently give our Lady the Virgin the title 'Mother of Jesus' instead of 'Mother of God' (Theotokos)", p. 109). How could they be our brethren in any sense if they aren't Christians? You certainly don't see the same thing when people in the Church talk about the believers in Islam or Judaism or Hinduism or whatever.

So I don't think this subject requires much worry or comment. You believe that our Lord Jesus Christ is the just judge, right? So we should trust that He will judge us all justly.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, it was written in a different time when the schools were set up to convert Coptic people to Protestantism. Now there are Coptic schools in some places, and our bishops in the West recognize that we can send our kids to Catholic schools because they're the closest to us that is usually available in the West (though the Armenians have some schools, too, I think those are much more focused on Armenian identity, teaching the unique Armenian language and liturgy, so maybe it would be difficult for Coptic kids in America to go to those), without the kids converting to Catholicism. So I think things are probably better now than they were then, but we still need to maintain Orthodoxy as the truth, even as we learn about others and love them.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks for your explanation and advice. I agree we must maintain orthodoxy and beware of being deceived by Protestantism.

But I believe I must accept Protestants because I am uniquely guilty but orthodox must not leave the church and cause division. Otherwise we also lose being a role model for other churches

The only way I can believe I accept Protestants is I choose to pinge my salvation on it and I do. If they can not be saved the same as us I choose the risk of not being saved because I believe that is what will save me.

Therefore do I believe orthodox can be saved who don't also accept Protestants ? I do believe they are saved if they are sure they are hurting none but if they are not sure I think they have to accept

But I can't judge even them because they may be saved but I don't want to take the chance for myself nor should they

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
I don't believe it is my job to tell other denominations they are wrong

As one protestant on this christian forum wisely said do not speak evil of one another brethren he who speaks evil of a brother speaks evil of the law and judges the law. There is one lawgiver able to save and to destroy.
God is able to save people. I believe everyone who repents God will make sure they know the truth even if he has to send an angel as Thomas Aquinas said. Even if they can't live fully righteous as those in the church they work hard for their salvation within their ability. That is why I said God will show them the truth even if they are sinners by which I mean truly desiring to please God but not being able to live as only those in the church can

but if I am asked about my orthodox beliefs I will say this is what I believe the bible teaches but God knows he may accept you according to the honesty of your beliefs and God will judge your sincerity to please Him and in general. My dad thinks he will accept them but it is not his job to say God accepts or not accepts

My dad told me to have this attitude not to be on the offensive but on the defensive . He thinks I don't even have to tell you I only plan to be on the defensive etc. Maybe that is being on the offensive to tell you that. But if I am asked about my orthodox beliefs I can defend my belief in Jesus teachings that protestants don't believe in that we find essential.
But I am not sure I fully agree with his advice which is why I feel I have to make this post but I will follow his advice from now on

I decided I don't need to pinge my salvation on acceptance of Protestant beliefs because I don't think my beliefs are offensive anymore

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟577,841.00
Faith
Christian
I have to obey my conscience first of all about what is true. I decided for myself I don't mind if I am considered Protestant. My dad says he is Protestant and orthodox he is Protestant because he believes we need to have relation with God and orthodox because he believes in communion or would wish all take communion. I may become orthodox one day if I am convinced the faith is blameless towards those outside. I will get a God parent to baptise my child because I should not control their fate and if he wants to not take my path I will not stop him but I will insist he is raised in the Orthodox Church and makes his own decision. I accept orthodox who are convinced their church is perfect but/and I will not make decision for people. If my wife can't accept that then she doesn't accept orthodox. It is enough that I do not judge her. They should be exposed to orthodoxy and not prevented from learning it but I should be allowed to follow my conscience. I choose to remain distant from what I see as extreme positions for myself because I believe that is the way that will lead me to heaven but I could be convinced differently later if I see that as the truth
I take the Orthodox Church as a role model for other churches. If I do not feel other churches offer the help I need I would go to an Orthodox Church even out of desperation out of not knowing where to go even if the church is not necessary in reality for salvation. It is up to the church to accept me for communion in such a state knowing my situation that I only don't believe orthodoxy fully not because of not mostly mentally agreeing but I doubt the beliefs a bit that we understand His words because I do not think I can assume and trust God would want to judge them without sending them clear miracles before their family as witness and addressing their concerns and I do not trust He is doing that
If they don't accept me I would try to cope without the church. I would atleast go to their church meetings if I am desperate as it is welcome to all
But I will try to live the bible by myself or other Christians online or in person and avoid communion and church until I find there is no way to live righteous without the church but I will not be quick to give up but may keep trying even till death. Or I would take the good from orthodox and their meetings and try to share with others

If I go to church or learn about church online it is not because I believe you need to be orthodox or catholic to be saved but it is to be open to see if the church is in fact blameless towards those outside and maybe change my decision but I doubt I will see that

Last edited:
Upvote 0