Southern California
✟8,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I'm obviously new to this and I'm hoping to get some insite from others. My and my husband been married for 3 years but have been together for almost 10 years. We met when I was 21 and he was 27. He had 3 kids before me and we just had our son coming up on 3 years ago. Everything has been good and we have our occasional disagreements but recently things have drastically changed. He have always been of Christian faith but now his answer to everything is that I need to study the Bible. I have no issue with that but I don't understand how the Bible will explain the way he talks to me. I feel belittled and what I say means nothing. He constantly says I'm disrespectful but have done nothing to disrespect him. I ask how and I get no answer. He makes comments to me like "be a good wife and have my lunch ready" or he demands me to clean up. He is even trying to change the way I dress. Saying I'm shouldn't show my shape when I dress at all. I am very hot headed and those comments send me through the roof. He recently got a raise and told me I don't have to unless it's what I really want. I know my husband so I got a job that would take a year for me to get into something I really want but when a few weeks later he's making me feel bad about my pay check. Most recently he just told me to choke and die. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome to CF Kellye

This section is really meant for short introductions about yourself

I have a feeling you will get better advice if you post this in Christian Advice Christian Advice

I hope you get some useful help

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF, Kellye.
Sorry to read about the situation that you face. My advice would be let your husband know that you feel he is being disrespectful and verbally abusive. If there's no change in his behavior, then I would consider other living arrangements. Perhaps you could take the children and stay with relatives?

Upvote 0

Beorh

Writer of Dark Literature
Sep 2, 2017
Saint Augustine
Visit site
✟15,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all. I'm obviously new to this and I'm hoping to get some insite from others. My and my husband been married for 3 years but have been together for almost 10 years. We met when I was 21 and he was 27. He had 3 kids before me and we just had our son coming up on 3 years ago. Everything has been good and we have our occasional disagreements but recently things have drastically changed. He have always been of Christian faith but now his answer to everything is that I need to study the Bible. I have no issue with that but I don't understand how the Bible will explain the way he talks to me. I feel belittled and what I say means nothing. He constantly says I'm disrespectful but have done nothing to disrespect him. I ask how and I get no answer. He makes comments to me like "be a good wife and have my lunch ready" or he demands me to clean up. He is even trying to change the way I dress. Saying I'm shouldn't show my shape when I dress at all. I am very hot headed and those comments send me through the roof. He recently got a raise and told me I don't have to unless it's what I really want. I know my husband so I got a job that would take a year for me to get into something I really want but when a few weeks later he's making me feel bad about my pay check. Most recently he just told me to choke and die. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Check his computer. If there is inappropriate content, there are your grounds for a Biblical divorce. Unfaithfulness.

Upvote 0

Bro. Daniel

Prophet & Psalmist
Aug 22, 2017
Eph. 1:4, Ps. 139:15, Jer. 1:5, Virginia, U.S.
✟15,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hello,

I'm not sure where your husband is spiritually, but some adjustments will be necessary with prayer and some others to consider. Well... many aren't going to like the process but some face this issue today and it's becoming more rampant.

The Bible says wives submit to your husbands but it also says:
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Colossians 3:19 - Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Those two might help him. But... The dress code is something God wants women (and men) to adhere to as He cherishes us. This prevents others from stumbling and sinning against God via adultery. (1 Timothy 2:9-10, Matthew 5:28) We're held accountable for causing others to sin. (Mark 9:42) Some see this scripture as children in general, but as Christians, we become 'children' of God. For example simple public behavior: A Christian drinks beer or bows down to a Buddha statue (jokingly) in front of others (believers or unbelievers). Sinful influence will bring others to excuse themselves "They did it, why can't I?" But in God's eyes sin is sin regardless the level of severity. Some excuse the Blood of Christ and grace covers us. If so then these verses are of none effect -> (Romans 3:31, Romans 6:2, Romans 6:15, Romans 7:7, James 4:4, 1 John 2:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 7:18 and more...) Due to prevalence of societal norms, people fight against any sin to keep it whether Christian or not (those are actually demons because it's of the flesh called Spirit of the World (1 Corinthians 2:12).

Ask God for mercy and grace to give both of you time to remove anything not of Him such as ungodly clothing and items. Pray over it and ask God "Is this ok?" and wait for the answer. (John 10:27). If you're not there spiritually yet to hear His voice then there's some more steps to consider (many dislike this part). More fasting, prayer for cleansing of anything you'd eaten that clogged your pineal gland, repentance, reading the Word, worship, dancing, and coming out of the world more. (Psalms 100, Psalms 149, Psalms 150, 2 Corinthians 6:17) It takes time as everyone develops at a certain degree.

Your husband trying to push you too fast won't help as it's a process for everyone. But seeing this behavior from him saying "Choke and Die" in actuality, that is not him acting towards you in that manner. That is a spirit spouse he's dealing with. You're a threat to her in the spirit realm. Demons can manipulate our flesh if we give in especially if we have sin or character traits we haven't asked God to remove. (Romans 7:23, Luke 8:26-30). I don't know how many he has from his past relationships as both of you could possibly have one or more. It depends on what was done in your past or past ancestors from many generations back.

Let me explain...

Most pass off this behavior as natural using emotions & psychology (which is true) but forget there's something bigger behind it spiritually (Ephesians 6:12)

Unfortunately, if these are involved then there are more spiritual implications that I see in your situation where previous children and marriage are concerned. It's a time consuming process involving, intercession, prayer, lots of repentance, divorcing previous natural spouses spiritually, cutting soul ties and covenants, fasting and spiritual warfare are needed against demonic spirit spouses and children aka incubus/succubus demons. They exist and are widespread tearing families apart today because people have a tendency of not fighting desire to be with one another for obvious reasons such as hormones, attraction, ideas from movies, books, media etc.

As any Christian grows to be more serious with God, the demonic spirit spouses & spirit children within begin to manifest and arise to ensue chaos in marriages, relationships, children, causing strife, being unequally yoked, divorce, murder and/or suicide to destroy everything in a familial relationship. (John 10:10)

Once all the damage is done, the surviving spouses restart a new relationship only to have the process start over again spreading like a virus. If this isn't stopped in time, well... it's not good. Marriage is 90% of a person's destiny to raise up children in God. People forget satan exists and is behind it all. (1 Peter 5:8)

These parasitic pests are acquired through many forms of sin via premarital sex, adultery, fornication, masturbation, fantasy lust and imaginations (2 Corinthians 10:4-5), not asking God's permission for divorce, not divorcing a natural spouse spiritually after a regular divorce, marrying people not ordained by God, witchcraft, occultism, tattoos, piercings, jewelry, inappropriate contentography, makeup, weaves, hair extensions, sins of past ancestors form generational or ancestral curses (Leviticus 26:40-42), specific types of clothing or items etc., it's a very huge list. These demons cause spouses to hate each other, nitpick to the point of fighting and also cause the parents to dislike and hate their own children (if they have spirit children). It's why we see people claiming they did harm to their child and no one can figure out why. One's spirit will nurture a spirit child as their own in the spirit realm and have love for it and disregard their own natural children the same way a spirit spouse does causing havoc in a family.

God gave His many spiritual laws (Romans 7:14, John 4:24) for a reason but very few get the full explanation of "why or what will happen" from each sin and transgression. Much of this information gets hidden and locked away because of those who decided to play with the Bible removing specific books cursing themselves (Revelation 22:18-19) and God has to reveal it to His true children rooted in Him to get people delivered. Satan can't hide everything. God turns evil situations into good. (Genesis 50:20)

I have a link explaining some of what you're experiencing.

Link to describe Spirit Husbands and Spirit Wives
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/soul-ties-evil-spirit-wives-husbands-part-7-8-samuel-williams

The rest will be up to belief, wanting deliverance and having a serious walk with God on saving a marital relationship and children (pets too) because if anyone dies with these attached to them in the spirit realm they can wind up in fire and they will spread amongst the next generation of children in the bloodline (Exodus 34:7) as we are to be only married to God through Christ and not demons. (Daniel 2:43) They can also spread to pets because demons do not care. They need living breathing souls and flesh to inhabit (preferably human) but will cling to any sort of beast (animals) if necessary in desperation or to hide. Regrettably, pets don't go to heaven.

May this benefit you greatly in Yahushua's HaMashiach's name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fly17

Sep 5, 2017
North East
✟409.00
Country
Vanuatu
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
UK-Independence-Party

Hi Kellye! I actually stumbled on this site. I joined after reading your post. I've been frantically posting to earn enough points so I could become eligible to comment on your post! LOL. Sorry to hear of your situation and all comments you've been getting here seem like good advice. May I suggest you research narcissism . There's also The Spartan Life coach who has free videos on YouTube . Your husband has some narcissistic traits (not calling him a full blown narcissist .... but) you'll have to educate yourself on this disorder to know if you might be married to one. I was married to a narcissist for 25 years and it involved mind control. In the end he was even controlling every hour out of my day and my happiness. And he used my child to get back at me. When narcissists start losing interest they become emotionally abusive. And my husband was a devout catholic who was always pointing out biblical quotes while behaving in the most ungodly manner. LOL. Just research narcissism. Educate yourself ......ask Jesus to guide you in the right direction. By the time my divorce went through the only people I had left in my life were my daughter and Jesus Christ and a few dollars in my bank account. God bless you! And good luck to you.

• Friendly
Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Kellye Davis

Make it work
Sep 5, 2017
Southern California
✟8,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I'm not sure where your husband is spiritually, but some adjustments will be necessary with prayer and some others to consider. Well... many aren't going to like the process but some face this issue today and it's becoming more rampant.

The Bible says wives submit to your husbands but it also says:
Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Colossians 3:19 - Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

Those two might help him. But... The dress code is something God wants women (and men) to adhere to as He cherishes us. This prevents others from stumbling and sinning against God via adultery. (1 Timothy 2:9-10, Matthew 5:28) We're held accountable for causing others to sin. (Mark 9:42) Some see this scripture as children in general, but as Christians, we become 'children' of God. For example simple public behavior: A Christian drinks beer or bows down to a Buddha statue (jokingly) in front of others (believers or unbelievers). Sinful influence will bring others to excuse themselves "They did it, why can't I?" But in God's eyes sin is sin regardless the level of severity. Some excuse the Blood of Christ and grace covers us. If so then these verses are of none effect -> (Romans 3:31, Romans 6:2, Romans 6:15, Romans 7:7, James 4:4, 1 John 2:16, Romans 8:7, Romans 7:18 and more...) Due to prevalence of societal norms, people fight against any sin to keep it whether Christian or not (those are actually demons because it's of the flesh called Spirit of the World (1 Corinthians 2:12).

Ask God for mercy and grace to give both of you time to remove anything not of Him such as ungodly clothing and items. Pray over it and ask God "Is this ok?" and wait for the answer. (John 10:27). If you're not there spiritually yet to hear His voice then there's some more steps to consider (many dislike this part). More fasting, prayer for cleansing of anything you'd eaten that clogged your pineal gland, repentance, reading the Word, worship, dancing, and coming out of the world more. (Psalms 100, Psalms 149, Psalms 150, 2 Corinthians 6:17) It takes time as everyone develops at a certain degree.

Your husband trying to push you too fast won't help as it's a process for everyone. But seeing this behavior from him saying "Choke and Die" in actuality, that is not him acting towards you in that manner. That is a spirit spouse he's dealing with. You're a threat to her in the spirit realm. Demons can manipulate our flesh if we give in especially if we have sin or character traits we haven't asked God to remove. (Romans 7:23, Luke 8:26-30). I don't know how many he has from his past relationships as both of you could possibly have one or more. It depends on what was done in your past or past ancestors from many generations back.

Let me explain...

Most pass off this behavior as natural using emotions & psychology (which is true) but forget there's something bigger behind it spiritually (Ephesians 6:12)

Unfortunately, if these are involved then there are more spiritual implications that I see in your situation where previous children and marriage are concerned. It's a time consuming process involving, intercession, prayer, lots of repentance, divorcing previous natural spouses spiritually, cutting soul ties and covenants, fasting and spiritual warfare are needed against demonic spirit spouses and children aka incubus/succubus demons. They exist and are widespread tearing families apart today because people have a tendency of not fighting desire to be with one another for obvious reasons such as hormones, attraction, ideas from movies, books, media etc.

As any Christian grows to be more serious with God, the demonic spirit spouses & spirit children within begin to manifest and arise to ensue chaos in marriages, relationships, children, causing strife, being unequally yoked, divorce, murder and/or suicide to destroy everything in a familial relationship. (John 10:10)

Once all the damage is done, the surviving spouses restart a new relationship only to have the process start over again spreading like a virus. If this isn't stopped in time, well... it's not good. Marriage is 90% of a person's destiny to raise up children in God. People forget satan exists and is behind it all. (1 Peter 5:8)

These parasitic pests are acquired through many forms of sin via premarital sex, adultery, fornication, masturbation, fantasy lust and imaginations (2 Corinthians 10:4-5), not asking God's permission for divorce, not divorcing a natural spouse spiritually after a regular divorce, marrying people not ordained by God, witchcraft, occultism, tattoos, piercings, jewelry, inappropriate contentography, makeup, weaves, hair extensions, sins of past ancestors form generational or ancestral curses (Leviticus 26:40-42), specific types of clothing or items etc., it's a very huge list. These demons cause spouses to hate each other, nitpick to the point of fighting and also cause the parents to dislike and hate their own children (if they have spirit children). It's why we see people claiming they did harm to their child and no one can figure out why. One's spirit will nurture a spirit child as their own in the spirit realm and have love for it and disregard their own natural children the same way a spirit spouse does causing havoc in a family.

God gave His many spiritual laws (Romans 7:14, John 4:24) for a reason but very few get the full explanation of "why or what will happen" from each sin and transgression. Much of this information gets hidden and locked away because of those who decided to play with the Bible removing specific books cursing themselves (Revelation 22:18-19) and God has to reveal it to His true children rooted in Him to get people delivered. Satan can't hide everything. God turns evil situations into good. (Genesis 50:20)

I have a link explaining some of what you're experiencing.

Link to describe Spirit Husbands and Spirit Wives
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/soul-ties-evil-spirit-wives-husbands-part-7-8-samuel-williams

The rest will be up to belief, wanting deliverance and having a serious walk with God on saving a marital relationship and children (pets too) because if anyone dies with these attached to them in the spirit realm they can wind up in fire and they will spread amongst the next generation of children in the bloodline (Exodus 34:7) as we are to be only married to God through Christ and not demons. (Daniel 2:43) They can also spread to pets because demons do not care. They need living breathing souls and flesh to inhabit (preferably human) but will cling to any sort of beast (animals) if necessary in desperation or to hide. Regrettably, pets don't go to heaven.

May this benefit you greatly in Yahushua's HaMashiach's name.

Thank you for your input. I've looked at the suggested site and will take what you say into deep consideration. Your response sounds the closest to what my husband is saying and I get it. But the way he goes about doing things is wrong. Especially when he is not living Godly himself. I feel like he uses the Bible in convenience for his point in the moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the change in your husband has been sudden and drastic I suspect that he has fallen into reading Men's Rights Activism material possibly with a Christian theme like Church Militant media. Or maybe he has a new colleague that is super strict on his wife and your husband is being influenced by him.

Whatever has brought on the change he is abusing you so he is going to have to stop or you are going to have to leave. Obviously him stopping is much more preferable! You need to talk to someone about it, a relative, pastor, Christian counsellor, women's refuge worker. Do not let yourself become isolated! Keep chatting here on CF too. Totally ignore posts telling you that it is in anyway your own fault.

Upvote 0

Kellye Davis

Make it work
Sep 5, 2017
Southern California
✟8,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to thank everyone who hasn't who taken the time out to respond. I have taken everything into consideration and plan to write him a letter to express the way I feel and how he has been treating me. I am currently fasting and meditating in hope to have a breakthrough that is much needed. It might take a few days for me to completely gather my thoughts to put it down on paper but I'm writing. I hope the letter will open his eyes to the way he is treating me. For the sake of our 10 year relationship and family, I pray this does the trick

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,239.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread has been moved to the Married Couples forum.
Please note and abide by the Statement of Purpose of this forum.​
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have taken everything into consideration and plan to write him a letter to express the way I feel and how he has been treating me.
I'm really hoping this poster is safe. I just wanted to post that it's often dangerous (and people don't realize, if a spouse has been covertly abusive) to confront someone like this. An abusive spouse--especially one that's suddenly changed like Kellye's husband---is aware of what they're doing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums