Need suggestions for commentators, preachers, teachers.

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
During Bible study on Sunday our pastor was talking about false teachers. I was shocked to hear that some of my favorite teachers from the internet, Youtube, and even Bible studies that I've attended are very subtly sneaking things in that are not in tune with what the Bible says.

I really enjoy learning from folks who are much smarter than me, but now I need some new study aids. Who are some of your favorites?

Thanks in advance!

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
During Bible study on Sunday our pastor was talking about false teachers. I was shocked to hear that some of my favorite teachers from the internet, Youtube, and even Bible studies that I've attended are very subtly sneaking things in that are not in tune with what the Bible says.

I really enjoy learning from folks who are much smarter than me, but now I need some new study aids. Who are some of your favorites?

Thanks in advance!
That might be simply your pastor's opinion.

Who does he say is sneaking in what false doctrines?

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That might be simply your pastor's opinion.

Who does he say is sneaking in what false doctrines?

I researched and he is correct. Doctrine such as salvation by works, mysticism, and some others.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,926,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Thanks in advance!
Hi JustRachel, when I became a Christian 30+ years ago, Christian radio was where I turned for additional, daily teaching. That's still available, and far more accessible (now 24/7) via the Internet at sites like these:

Renewing Your Mind - Dr. R C Sproul (and others too) - see his other teaching website as well at Ligonier.org

Grace to You - Dr. John MacArthur

Insight for Living - Dr. Chuck Swindoll

Just Thinking (and two other broadcasts) - Dr Ravi Zacharias​

These are all great places to learn. Enjoy :)

--David
p.s. - you might also enjoy Missionary Elisabeth Elliot's 15 min broadcasts on Gateway to Joy. If you don't know who Elisabeth is, she is worth finding out about :)

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,926,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and one last thing, if you are an Amazon Prime member, go to Prime Video and search using the word "Sproul". There are several of some of his best teaching series available there for free in HD.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,926,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, David! I'd forgotten some of these names. I'll look for them. :)
You're welcome, of course :) Also, I'm sure your pastor would give :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup: to all of the theologians, pastors and missionary mentioned above.

Yours and His,
David

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, David! I'd forgotten some of these names. I'll look for them. :)

David (St_Worm2) gave you very good resources. I have nothing to add but endorse his recommendations.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was shocked to hear that some of my favorite teachers from the internet, Youtube, and even Bible studies that I've attended are very subtly sneaking things in that are not in tune with what the Bible says.

May I suggest that you listen/view them again to see if you can detect these 'errors' etc and if you can't talk to your minister to ask him why he hasn't taught you better.

That said I'd recommend 'the Doctor' a brillient expository preacher.https://www.mljtrust.org/sermons/

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, let's see....my pastor has no idea who I watch/read/listen to on my own time. Until they were brought up at Bible study, how was he to offer his input?? I'm done here now. Thank you all for your input. Found out some great info on various preachers.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟746,155.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status