Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Looking for some prayer warriors to help me and my girlfriend pray against the rulers of darkness this week. I used to be involved with the occult two years ago. And my girl at one point in her life used to play around with witchcraft and the quiji board. Shes already married but has been apart from her husband for about 8 year and we live together. Me and her talked about it with the pastor and I had told him that I was thinking about leaving her cause remarriage is forbidden except for 3 circumstances. But the pastor advised us to stay living together and to pray alot and to just fix the problem and get remarried. And that remarriage is possible but only if we both lived a holy and acceptable marriage to the lord together. He advised us to stay living together because of our living situation because we are dependent on each other and because of how close we are. Mostly her to me because she collects disability so she doesnt make enough money to live on her own and her family dont want nothing to do with her. So we got home go about our day and then we went to bed and I had a dream that she cheated on me and the last time I had dreams like that we got seperated for 3 weeks. So I know it means that the demons aren't happy that we want to have a holy and acceptable marriage and they want to sabotage the relationship. So I just wanted to ask for some prayers please.

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If she is already married like you say the issue of divorce and remarriage isn't even at play here; rather this is an issue of straightforward, blatant adultery. I'm praying that you'd find a new Pastor who will give you faithful Scriptural advice and in the meantime that you'd awake to righteousness and put the sin out of your life. The demons are happy with your relationship right now as it is and if you want to make them unhappy get away from this other man's wife and don't delude yourself that God could be happy with you while you live in sin and violate His Law.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Greetings,

The prayers will not be heeded because your girlfriend is in covenant with another. If the pastor agreed with your adultery, he’s ulpable for his errant counsel.

As for the demons, they aren’t quaking. You’re justifying an adulterous relationship and citing financial hardship as the reason you’re unable to separate when you’ve crossed the line by making her your partner.

If you remain as you are they’re happy.
If you continue in self-delusion they’re happy.
If she divorces her husband for you they’ll celebrate.

Any way you slice it, they’re pleased. You’ve put your desires above the Lord. Why would that cause them distress?

~Bella

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2019
Gainesville
✟15,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
In 1 Kings 13 is a story of a man of God who was told not to eat bread or drink water. He was told by an old prophet that an angel had come to him, and told him that he was to give the man of God bread and water. The prophet was lying.

The man ate the bread and drank the water, and was then told that he had disobeyed the word of God, and so would not be buried in his ancestors’ tomb.

Then he was killed by a lion.

DO NOT disobey the word of God on the strength of what a pastor tells you. What God tells us is for our own good, as well-would one who is good and wise like Him give bad counsel? There is more joy and less danger if you obey what God’s word clearly says: You shall not commit adultery.

Upvote 0

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Greetings,

The prayers will not be heeded because your girlfriend is in covenant with another. If the pastor agreed with your adultery, he’s ulpable for his errant counsel.

As for the demons, they aren’t quaking. You’re justifying an adulterous relationship and citing financial hardship as the reason you’re unable to separate when you’ve crossed the line by making her your partner.

If you remain as you are they’re happy.
If you continue in self-delusion they’re happy.
If she divorces her husband for you they’ll celebrate.

Any way you slice it, they’re pleased. You’ve put your desires above the Lord. Why would that cause them distress?

~Bella

In 1 Kings 13 is a story of a man of God who was told not to eat bread or drink water. He was told by an old prophet that an angel had come to him, and told him that he was to give the man of God bread and water. The prophet was lying.

The man ate the bread and drank the water, and was then told that he had disobeyed the word of God, and so would not be buried in his ancestors’ tomb.

Then he was killed by a lion.

DO NOT disobey the word of God on the strength of what a pastor tells you. What God tells us is for our own good, as well-would one who is good and wise like Him give bad counsel? There is more joy and less danger if you obey what God’s word clearly says: You shall not commit adultery.
I can assure you guys that I'm not trying to put my desires above the Lords. I was just misinformed. If I didnt talk to the pastor I would have told you I was leaving her. Because the Bible only have 3 instances when remarriage is possible 1. Death, 2. Sexually Immorality, 3. Believer and unbeliever. I dont remember exactly what the pastor told me so I dont want to put words into his mouth but he said something like Jesus is all merciful to forgive and etc or something like that. But after reading a few posts on here I went back and did my research and found out that some people try to exercise that because they believe in grace because of the way Jesus and Paul taught but that the bible does not support that especially when it comes to marriage and that it's just a man made assumption. Actually I forgot to mention this but I did tell the pastor in the beginning of the meeting that I was planning on leaving her because of what the bible says and that's when he told me other things.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,376.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I can assure you guys that I'm not trying to put my desires above the Lords. I was just misinformed. If I didnt talk to the pastor I would have told you I was leaving her. Because the Bible only have 3 instances when remarriage is possible 1. Death, 2. Sexually Immorality, 3. Believer and unbeliever. I dont remember exactly what the pastor told me so I dont want to put words into his mouth but he said something like Jesus is all merciful to forgive and etc or something like that. But after reading a few posts on here I went back and did my research and found out that some people try to exercise that because they believe in grace because of the way Jesus and Paul taught but that the bible does not support that especially when it comes to marriage and that it's just a man made assumption. Actually I forgot to mention this but I did tell the pastor in the beginning of the meeting that I was planning on leaving her because of what the bible says and that's when he told me other things.
A pastor is just a human being like anyone else. They happen to have gotten jobs in leadership in a Church. They may have done some Bible study and research. None of that takes away the sin nature, like giving counsel that is against the counsel of the Lord. A Pastor is supposed to uphold the Word, not contradict it.

I pray you will get some Biblical counsel, and/or search for yourself what the Bible has to say. Others are right, above, that you are in an adulterous relationship. You need to move on and find a single lady, preferably one who takes the Word seriously. I pray that happens for you.

Also, the fact that you are having dreams about his woman cheating on you may indicate that deep down you don't really trust her. That is kind of irrelevant though, since she is married to someone else.

Upvote 0