• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need some prayer or advice with Psychosis/Schizophrenia that I “may” have

Mario Rodriguez

Axzonewolf
Dec 24, 2019
Reno
✟8,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

I’m fairly new to this website and I’m trying to find a way out of this psychosis, I’ve been feeling like I know all the reasons why I could be schizophrenic but I know God is telling me it could be down to one thing.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia around March 2018 and a social worker said that symptoms include psychosis and chemical imbalance. I wasn’t too thrilled about the news, it effects my being and work ethic sometimes. I can’t retain, memorize, or recall information. I’m feeling like this has been a trial with me in the body of Christ, but could I be wrong?

There are so many reasons that have led me to the awareness of my psychosis. These voice makes me feel like I’m in purgatory trying to get out of wherever I’m at, sometimes Good sometimes bad, I feel like people did witchcraft on me with all that is evil, people prayed to Allah so that I can stay incompetent as a worker (almost is if I have a “Mecca” in my head but it’s just a room), someone has my DNA in a Molech/Owl statue in a “witchy” spiritual form (this could be the reason), computers, and someone has my neuron where I silently read and memorize in the left hemisphere of my brain. there are many reasons why but it’s hard to decipher what is the real reason. I wish I could stop being the way I am so that I could serve the Lord, but all I’m asking is prayers or advice on what could I pray for. I would love to discuss about this because I feel quiet about this everyday.

Thanks!

• Prayers
Reactions: Darkhorse

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hope you were diagnosed by a competent psychiatrist and not a social worker!
I trust this is true...

All the distractions and worries you describe in your mind are manifestations of your condition.
They are no more "true" than the images in a nightmare.

You need to work closely with a psychiatrist, and if they put you on some medication, you need to take it faithfully, exactly how they prescribe it. Hopefully, a friend can help you take it regularly.
Don't believe any "nightmare" thoughts about your medicine or the doctor who prescribed it.

Prayers for you...

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I feel for you, bro.

In my experience delusions get worse, the more you allow them to build up.

Either confess them to God, or identify what about them gives away that they are just delusions (for example, when I have delusions, they are "unoriginal" - I can tell that they are unoriginal; your delusions might be fragments of the real "you").

Again, I hurt that you hurt, may the Lord help us both.

Upvote 0