Need some help with the Hebrew Gen 3: 1-4 The serpent address Eve using second pers

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was told in Gen. 3: 1-4 The serpent address Eve using second person plural. And the second person plural is an irregular form and the gender is female, but it is still plural and the only other one in the story is Adam.

Any suggestion on how to check this out without learning Hebrew?

Suggesting the serpent is talking to both Adam and Eve.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God told both Adam and Eve about "the rules'' so Satan can indeed state that God told them both not to eat.

But as Paul points out it was not the man who was first deceived but rather the woman. Eve went to Adam "with a story" and his only evidence was from what Eve told him.

Eve was the agent to tempt Adam.

The serpent was the form Satan took to tempt Eve.

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God told both Adam and Eve about "the rules'' so Satan can indeed state that God told them both not to eat.

But as Paul points out it was not the man who was first deceived but rather the woman. Eve went to Adam "with a story" and his only evidence was from what Eve told him.

Eve was the agent to tempt Adam.

The serpent was the form Satan took to tempt Eve.

in Christ,

Bob

Not to be argumentative, but do you suppose that implies that Adam somehow had an excuse?

Considering the punishment God leveled on both of them - it seems to me Eve's punishment was comparatively light since hers concerned only childbirth and the situation between women and their husbands. While Adam's punishment involved a lifetime of toil, eventual death, and the cursing of the entire earth?

When I consider the response of God, it seems Adam's sin was considered the greater. That may be because "because of one man sin entered" but ...

Perhaps Eve was deceived. But as Paul said, Adam was not. Does that leave us no choice but to assume Adam's sin then was deliberate - which of course would be worse than being merely deceived?

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to be argumentative, but do you suppose that implies that Adam somehow had an excuse?

Considering the punishment God leveled on both of them - it seems to me Eve's punishment was comparatively light since hers concerned only childbirth and the situation between women and their husbands. While Adam's punishment involved a lifetime of toil, eventual death, and the cursing of the entire earth?

When I consider the response of God, it seems Adam's sin was considered the greater. That may be because "because of one man sin entered" but ...

Perhaps Eve was deceived. But as Paul said, Adam was not. Does that leave us no choice but to assume Adam's sin then was deliberate - which of course would be worse than being merely deceived?

Indeed Adam's sin was the greater. When asked if the pair had eaten of the fruit, Eve admitted it but said that Satan had deceived her. She was stating fact and was being truthful. By pointing her finger at Satan however, she incurred his wrath and enmity was between them. It is no wonder that her pains in childbirth would be so terrible compared with the animal kingdom as a woman about to give birth is the recreation of the means whereby Christ entered the world, a time where Satan is especially wrathful.

Adam said he ate, but he pointed the finger at God "The woman you gave me". Satan must have been overjoyed to hear that. Adam had joined in with his rebellion. Satan who had gained entry to Eden because Adam had not guarded the gate, had gained his first convert. Note that he was not angry with Adam. He LOVED Adam!

Note that it says that Adam was cast out of Eden, it does not say that Eve was but she followed Adam, turning away from God which is the true meaning of 'desire for' her husband with its incorrect sexual connotations. So here we have the explanation as to why sin entered through one man.

Last edited:
Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Indeed Adam's sin was the greater. When asked if the pair had eaten of the fruit, Eve admitted it but said that Satan had deceived her. She was stating fact and was being truthful. By pointing her finger at Satan however, she incurred his wrath and enmity was between them. It is no wonder that her pains in childbirth would be so terrible compared with the animal kingdom as a woman about to give birth is the recreation of the means whereby Christ entered the world, a time where Satan is especially wrathful.

Adam said he ate, but he pointed the finger at God "The woman you gave me". Satan must have been overjoyed to hear that. Adam had joined in with his rebellion. Satan who had gained entry to Eden because Adam had not guarded the gate, had gained his first convert. Note that he was not angry with Adam. He LOVED Adam!

Note that it says that Adam was cast out of Eden, it does not say that Eve was but she followed Adam, turning away from God which is the true meaning of 'desire for' her husband with its incorrect sexual connotations. So here we have the explanation as to why sin entered through one man.

I have never heard it explained that way, but it does make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0

bmjackson

Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2007
UK
✟293,276.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have never heard it explained that way, but it does make a lot of sense.

Also, God said to Eve that through her 'turning' to her husband, he would rule over her and this is what has happened, man ruling over woman instead of God's way which is a partnership - help from woman because man is incomplete without her help. Man has usurped this order especially in the church.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gen 3:6 "...she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

On a recent thread, the OP proposed that if Adam and Eve had asks for clarification things might have turned out differently http://www.christianforums.com/t7794753/

Also, read an article (don't remember the author's name) that presented that Eve committed all 3 types of sin; namely, the lust of the eye, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life (I John 2:16). Gen 3:6 "And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

We have to be aware = 2 Corinthians 11:3 “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

So we might not be responsible for that first thought that comes about something but we're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) and renew our minds with Yahweh's Word (Rom 12:2).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was told in Gen. 3: 1-4 The serpent address Eve using second person plural. And the second person plural is an irregular form and the gender is female, but it is still plural and the only other one in the story is Adam.

It's rather very simple, Eve was simply possessed by the spirit of Satan, and he appears as a spiritual male while being a literal female; it's the same as a transgender in flesh but she was that first in spirit which does manifest itself in the flesh by evolution, and this is why evolution is discounted and/or dismissed in the majority of Christian theologies.

While being and appointed prince of the earth, the Satan has created a world of dispensation of his knowledge to overpower Yahweh. It's written by Jesus that He will raise "him" up in the last-day, and this is a "him", a male who resumes the work of Jesus who left this world for a time but only to return.

The return of Christ is also under severe attack by the Christian society because of their gentile mindset. This gentile mind is created with the dispensationed secualr knowledge that opposes G-d, and it all does oppose Him. "He" will be raised up again to do battle with this world of Christians who think they are real Christians but are only of Satan's offspring.

G-d says that His people are destroyed for lack of "knowledge", and this is where Satan attacks our mind, concerning all knowlwdge given to the Saints before that one man is raised up, "Him". It's not a woman who is raised, otherwise we paly right into the hand of Satan while permitting him to accomplish the same with our women, today, just as he did with Eve.

This was addressed and corrected already more than once but history repeats itself, and that ugly head of "liberalism" raises up against "Him" who is raised up in the last-day.

All of today's Christian theologies prevent the Second coming by denial, and without their knowledge of it. Their knowledge is that of this world, and a knowledge that Satan charges for, and Yahweh charges nothing because He's already paid the Price on the Cross so that we may have freedom and the Knowledge of Yahweh by possessing His Mind, and not the mind of Satan, which is a gentile mindset.

Satan torments his offspring like torturing ants or insects, or animals because he sees us as animals, and like himself. Satan's education is worthless and yet he has the world craving for it, and paying for it, while it becoming almost non-affordable, today, and this is torture for those who don't know the Truth nor Yahweh. Yahweh is a teacher, and His teachings give perfect balance in mind and Spirit, and this forms a light burden, that has corrected the written law in us so that there be no heaviness nor burden of finances. The love of money is what drives people to seek a secular education, and only because it has become the only way of life here on earth or you will not survive. On the other hand, we will not survive with it, neither.

Jesus told us then, and He will say it forever, He is the only way unto the Father, while Satan presents that third image as the only way unto himself, and here we face a major Identity crisis of the Authentic and the Counterfeit.
The counterfeits look so authentically correct and only because of the flipped mind that sees the profanity as if it's Holy, and visa verse therefore, Satan has trained his secular offspring to instinctively reject Yahweh, and all that is of His Image and Likeness, and everything that G-d has first Created and established for us. Satan wants us to self destruct before we are awakened, and it's that time to take up your Cross and follow that Christ who knows the way that no man, nor woman do.

This world has much to learn about Yahweh, and they may only overcome this delusion by faith, and their effort-work to do so by the increase of G-d's knowledge which is Lawful, and Holy, and Upright. The gentile mind has no law to govern their spirit but only that of which is lawful by men in writings.

The spiritual man judges all things while never being rightfully judged by the gentile world therefore, He is trodden under their feet instead of them being trodden under His feet; Satan imitates all that G-d does and he uses it against G-d, and this is what he teaches his offspring to do with his secular knowledge. taught them. There is no knowledge of our Divine Creator being taught in secular education systems, and this world is against Yahweh while many believe that they are doing the works of G-d while murdering their own, and other souls.

All of the world who believes they are saved have another thing coming to them, and it isn't pretty. It would be better for that man to be tied to a mill stone and thrown into deep waters to die physically while he is conscience because the repercussion is much greater, spiritually.

We, supposed Christians are living of this world and we send our children to secular schools that are under Satan's authority and rule, and instructions, and this is doing great harm to our little ones, and this will not go overlooked by "Him" who is raised up in the last-day.

That man to be raised is none other than the "teacher of righteousness" that the current world has trodden along with many precious texts that this wicked world of Christians see as wicked, and because the world is flipped upside down in thinking, and became gentiles regardless of their original nationality.

In context, and in Order, Christ reverses this reversed mindset of the gentiles when He gifts them with His Mind, and they receive His Spirit as a New Man but this is only by their choice, and it comes by learning the Truth, and only if they come to Him as babes first so that they may learn all that is needed and without the interference of a secular knowledge that will otherwise be a major blockade for further advancement in knowledge of G-d. This means to toss away all of that secular knowledge that we first learned in this captivity so that we may overcome it, and when the Truth blankets a greater portion of mind's this will bring forth a revolution that will be a Great Tribulation like we have never seen before, today.

You are all wrong! Nothing personal, just facts. Thanks :)

Upvote 0
As Gen 3:6 states.

Both were there.

Adam was not off somewhere else.

He heard everything that was said.

He should have stopped it.

Amen, but let's not end it there, we, who are the Sons of G-d will bring that to an end, and it be be corrected, today. This is of course, if one sees the Truth and realizes that this is the course that is the path for Men to venture.

The world seems content with it's present fallen state but it won't be long before it does change. If they see not this, their fallen condition now, and they move not to repent of it because of their blindness, they will perish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

The OP never got an answer to the actual question, did they?

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I never got an answer, but just lots of obinions.
I'm sorry, I know I put my opinions in there too. Is there another place in CF that is maybe devoted to this kind of figuring things out?

I hope you get an answer. I don't know well enough to help. It's something I want to learn more about.

Upvote 0