Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Has God ever asked you to do something that you feel will tear your heart out? God wants me to write a book about the sexual abuse I went through and how I got through it. Everytime I get this from God, I push it away because I don't know that I can face bringing that stuff up again. I don't know why I fear doing this so much. I don't have problems talking about it atleast not in general terms. I have forgiven my abusers so it's not that.

I love giving God glory when I tell my story. Why am I so scared to do this? I know that what God has taught me could help others.

I need some prayer and Godly advice.

Thank you and God Bless!

W

WashedClean

RR - First of all, I'm so sorry you lived through this. Praise God that He has healed you and you have been obedient to forgive your abuser(s).

All I can say is that if God is leading you to write this book, He will give you the strength, determination, and love to do it. He will be with you every step of the way and in the end, you will be glorifying God. That doesn't mean it will be easy and already the enemy is trying to dissuade you. Just keep your focus on things above and God will bring you through it just like He healed you before. :amen:

Praying for you to find the strength in Christ to be obedient! :prayer:

Love,

WashedClean

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rainbow Rose said:
Has God ever asked you to do something that you feel will tear your heart out? God wants me to write a book about the sexual abuse I went through and how I got through it. Everytime I get this from God, I push it away because I don't know that I can face bringing that stuff up again. I don't know why I fear doing this so much. I don't have problems talking about it atleast not in general terms. I have forgiven my abusers so it's not that.

I love giving God glory when I tell my story. Why am I so scared to do this? I know that what God has taught me could help others.

Thank you and God Bless!
I have had the Lord tell me to write letters, Bible study lessons, and other things that were very difficult. I have written letters to family members and other believers; only to find they were written but never meant to be sent.
They were written so that I would work it out of my system. They were actually written for me.
Each time He does this... I shake my head and say "you got me again".
It is just a thing the Lord does to help me keep my head and heart straight....

The fact that you are having problems doing this may be a clue that you have issues that need to be addressed. If all that ugly hurtful stuff is in still down in there... then I might suggest that it needs to get out. You may just need some closure and healing on the matter.
Dear heart, if you find you cannot resolve this... I can only suggest you go and talk to a pastor or a counselor or a group. Please do not hold this stuff inside where it will continue to hurt you. Do not let the person(s) who did this to you steal one more second of your joy, peace, and happiness. They have taken enough.
When you get to the place you can talk open and freely about this (at the appropriate times of course) they you will be free of that bondage.
Love in Christ.
Dids

P.S. I am actually speaking this from experience. I had things happen when I was a child that did not actually surface until I was in my late 20s. It was only then that I was strong enough to face them and deal with them.

Upvote 0

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you very much my brothers and sisters! What you have said was direct from God because He gave me the same message today while I was worshipping Him. God is good and I am so thankful for you all. I know He will give me the strength to do this. :hug:s and God's Blessings!

Upvote 0

Debtfree

Mar 9, 2005
Colorado
Visit site
✟419.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rainbow Rose,

I too, am an author. God began to deal with me to write around the end of the 1980's. I agree that it is sad that you have been through sexual abuse, but I know that the Lord will use this book to touch many people.

Be obiedent and write that book. Don't miss your calling by not doing it. I can understand that this will be tough to revisit, but think of how it will touch others and bless them. Go for it girl...He is waiting to hear from you!:thumbsup:

Gregg
Blessed To Be A Blessing Ministries
B2BABlessing@cs.com
b2bablessing.org

Upvote 0
B

brinley45cal

Rainbow Rose said:

Thank you and God Bless!
Fear is a spirit and a tool the devil uses against us when God tells us to do something.He will attack you with fear to get you to not do what God has for you.You need to be like peter and step out of the boat.Just remember its not your job to figure it out or to aynalize it,but to believe it recive it and do it.
Just think you could be the answer to someones prayer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.