MS
✟17,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey guys. Need prayers, advice please. When covid hit last year i immediately became full of fear/anxiety and realized time must be short i must get right with God. I listened to sermons constantly, read Bible more than i ever have. But became and still am a bit of recluse as it all caused me some anxiety i cant quite describe. I managed to control things i struggled with such as lust, swearing.etc. However more recently ive struggled with not being sure im even saved. I just dont know if i believe enough or trust enough. Ive prayed God would give me a dream or a word but i havent received anything. Also i had sex recently with my girlfriend for first time in a very long time as ive tried not to sin that way and i feel very guilty over it and i had an angry outburst and yelled Gods name in vain numerous times in a rage. It just feels hopeless for me. I cant seem to walk the christian life at all. I try i listen to sermons. Old hymns. Will break down in tears but at end of the day i just feel dirty,wretched and worldly. I read in bible it says believe and u will be saved. But then another verse will say be holy. And all fornicators,etc will burn in hell. And i just cant seem to be holy. Ill feel good for awhile. Read the word. Pray alot. Then ill do a terrible sin and feel like the biggest hypocrite. What must i do? Why do other ppl come to know Jesus and theyre just completely transformed into a different person? U can just see it on their faces. Then u look at the state of the world and the craziness and all these youtube prophets saying rapture any day now. Only those will clean robes will go. And here i am just stuck in this web of sin and confusion and hopelessness. Any advice and prayers will be much appreciated thank u

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Keep returning to Jesus my friend.

Every time you fall, get right back up and head to the open arms of Our Lord.

Remember, He came to save us sinners!

Try and try and try to stay sin free. Hand over all your sinful nature to God. He knows our hearts. Persevere in prayer.

God bless you

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey guys. Need prayers, advice please. When covid hit last year i immediately became full of fear/anxiety and realized time must be short i must get right with God. I listened to sermons constantly, read Bible more than i ever have. But became and still am a bit of recluse as it all caused me some anxiety i cant quite describe. I managed to control things i struggled with such as lust, swearing.etc. However more recently ive struggled with not being sure im even saved. I just dont know if i believe enough or trust enough. Ive prayed God would give me a dream or a word but i havent received anything. Also i had sex recently with my girlfriend for first time in a very long time as ive tried not to sin that way and i feel very guilty over it and i had an angry outburst and yelled Gods name in vain numerous times in a rage. It just feels hopeless for me. I cant seem to walk the christian life at all. I try i listen to sermons. Old hymns. Will break down in tears but at end of the day i just feel dirty,wretched and worldly. I read in bible it says believe and u will be saved. But then another verse will say be holy. And all fornicators,etc will burn in hell. And i just cant seem to be holy. Ill feel good for awhile. Read the word. Pray alot. Then ill do a terrible sin and feel like the biggest hypocrite. What must i do? Why do other ppl come to know Jesus and theyre just completely transformed into a different person? U can just see it on their faces. Then u look at the state of the world and the craziness and all these youtube prophets saying rapture any day now. Only those will clean robes will go. And here i am just stuck in this web of sin and confusion and hopelessness. Any advice and prayers will be much appreciated thank u

Hi Zimmer (#),

All of us have likely felt some of your frustration, but I know in my own life I've had to come to grips with the fact that the idea that God somehow magically transforms us into 'new creations' spiritually goes a bit overboard in some churches.

By contrast, I think that C.S. Lewis, through the 'voice' of one of his literary devils [Screwtape] said it very well,

Desiring their freedom, He [i.e. God] therefore refuses to carry them, by their mere affections and habits, to any of the goals which He sets before them: He leaves them to 'do it on their own'. And there lies our opportunity. But also, remember there lies our danger.
This might be one point over which to ponder when you get the chance. My prayers go up for you! :cool:

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In my opinion an unsaved person wouldn't make a post like that. I think the reason why all this is bothering you so badly is because you are saved. It's like evidence to me that you are saved. All of us feel like wretches.

"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do." Romans 7:15

"O wretched man that I am!" Romans 7:24

That's Paul the Apostle talking about himself. Paul of all people. We all experience this in one form or another and we all feel horrible about it. So stop condemning yourself. It's one thing to feel conviction. That's a good thing. It means we have the Holy Spirit working in us. But as far as condemnation goes;

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" Romans 8:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome ! The Holy Spirit works in our life as we let Him into our life with all humbleness. Recognizing hypocrisy in your life is a sure sign the Holy Spirit is working in you. Now repent and change your course with confidence that your sins are forgiven. This is what I did when I continually ignored my hypocrisy of fornication 4 years ago. I have been celibate ever since , not by my strength, but the strength of the Holy Spirit that dwells in me. I am now engaged ready to do this the right way! Be blessed.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Zimmerman, there are many people here praying for you. All I have to offer on top of that is this video, and scriptures for you. Glory to God for these people praying for you and if these scriptures and message help you!

Also you should know who you are in Christ Jesus the Lord. You are a son of God by believing on his name. You are loved, you are forgiven, even though we all fail in some ways.

We sin when we fail to Love God, and to Love Others. Remember that Loving God takes faith, for it is impossible to please God without faith. If you have faith you have access to God!

Psalm 86:5 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.

Psalm 103:12 He has removed our sins as far from us
as the east is from the west.

Daniel 9:9 But the Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.

Hebrews 4:16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

Hebrews 11:6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.

1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

Galatians 5:But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Romans 5:8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

Romans 6:6 We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin.

Romans 10:9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Ephesians 4:26 And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry,

Ephesians 4:31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.

Philippians 4:6-9 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

2 Timothy 4: 22 May the Lord be with your spirit. And may his grace be with all of you.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Learned - have to renew my mind with His Word. II Cor 10:5

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I John 1:9

So when I think I'm not forgiven, immediately recall Scripture such as I John 1:9. Since you've repented, stay there mentally - accepting His forgiveness. He has cleansed you from unrighteous, He's faithful, He's just. You are forgiven because of His sacrifice and resurrection. Plus, our God, who knows everything, chooses not to even remember them! "And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more" Heb 10:17

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastAcorn99

Sep 15, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟34,262.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It was brave of you to share so openly, friend. Know that I'll be praying for you, asking the Lord to draw you closer to Himself and give you His strength to overcome all that you're struggling with. God's best to you, friend!

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0