arkansas
✟15,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I can't g into too much detail. but basically this morning my mom got a call, basically saying her identity has been stolen, someone using her SSN to open a business and do some illegal bunch of mess. My mom and me freaked out! she hasn't had a car in over 15 years, doesn't have a license at all like there saying, we live off of my sister's disability check, Plksu my mom is working on trying to get her disability herself. Now were just terrified she could go t prison and all the other repercussions of everything else. Including losing our home government apartment.. Of course, we can in no way afford a lawyer right now. Or ever for that matter, its lucky if we can afford top ramen, sadly. My whole family and i are worried sick. Please just pry liek crazy that we find way out of this and my mom won't have to suffer through this! I just got her going to church and ready to give her life to God, and now this happens! My poor mom is having panic attacks and so am i, i barely made it through work today. Just pray to give her peace and strength and for these people to be caught.

:crossrc::crossrc:

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy. It does sound like a scam phone call, but just to be sure when I got one of those I went to my local social security office, and to the bank. They both confirmed that what the caller had alleged did not actually happen, and the social security office worker told me that it is very common for scammers to call people and tell them things like this in an effort to extort money from them to fix the 'problem' that doesn't actually exist. Please do the appropriate research before doing anything drastic, because it is possible that your mother has nothing to worry about (and in any case it is best to notify her local social security representatives and her bank as soon as possible; they will know how to proceed).

Upvote 0

vanillakay

Ill see you all around
Nov 28, 2010
arkansas
✟15,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
My mom does not have bank account. She gets my sisters disability check on a card through deposit every month. And my mom told them this many times and there is currenlty nothing on the card either they can steal IF it is a scam. They just told her there putting freeze on the card for now until they send n ew one and something about a special stamp on her social security card (the new one there going to send her) so that if these criminals try to do this again, they will be able to catch them. I sure hope tis a scam but..i just dont know. And something about cops will deliver papers to our door for her to sign and all that mess. Nearly scared my mom to death, this guy told her cops would; be coming to our door in a matter fo hours, so my mom called back when two hours passed this morning and talked to another woman and she said no that the man must of told her wrong or misunderstood or something...just crazy. They also advised her not to tell anyone, so we cant go to our social security place they said they woudl take care fo everything

• Prayers
Reactions: elytron
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Still sounds like a scam, but I'm not a professional of any kind. I am just sharing what I did when I received one of those calls (they said that my social security had been compromised, so it made sense to go to social security to check if it was true; it wasn't).

It strikes me as strange that any official/government-related entity would ever tell anyone not to tell anyone/not to go to the department with which they claim to be associated (if that is in fact the case here; it's not clear from your post who "they" are that are telling your mother these things, but I don't want to ask for any more information, of course). I would be very wary if it were me or someone targeting my father (he is an older gentleman by now and is susceptible to scams, as many scammers specifically target the elderly).

Again, Lord have mercy. Here's hoping it all turns out okay for you and your mother.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,082,196.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My mom does not have bank account. She gets my sisters disability check on a card through deposit every month. And my mom told them this many times and there is currenlty nothing on the card either they can steal IF it is a scam. They just told her there putting freeze on the card for now until they send n ew one and something about a special stamp on her social security card (the new one there going to send her) so that if these criminals try to do this again, they will be able to catch them. I sure hope tis a scam but..i just dont know. And something about cops will deliver papers to our door for her to sign and all that mess. Nearly scared my mom to death, this guy told her cops would; be coming to our door in a matter fo hours, so my mom called back when two hours passed this morning and talked to another woman and she said no that the man must of told her wrong or misunderstood or something...just crazy. They also advised her not to tell anyone, so we cant go to our social security place they said they woudl take care fo everything
"Not to tell anyone"? This sounds totally like a scam. "Cops coming to our door..." Yeal, right. That's now how they operate? Someone is trying to intimidate you and scare you into silence about what they are doing. They have left a trail through their communications with you and need to be reported so that THEY have the problem with the law, not you.

I pray for your peace and protection and that those bad guys are stopped from hurting and upsetting, and ripping off, anymore people.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, this is a great opportunity for You to show this family how great and wonderful You truly are. May You deliver them from fear, anxiety, and bring those into play that will clear up this identity left without any major repercussions. Amen.

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, let these evil never happen to vanillakay's mom. Protect her and her identity from any misuse, please solve the problems arising and bless vanillakay's mom. Lord please bless this prayer and vanillakay's mom , in Jesus loving name, Amen

Upvote 0