Melbourne
✟7,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hello to everyone and I hope you're all well.

I have been struggling with illness for many years. It has been permanent (not easing and there every minute of the day) for at least 2 years. I am always completely exhausted and dizzy. I have regular nausea, sweating and overheating. I am usually always in pain - my neck, head, back, jaw etc. I feel too unwell to work and I have poor quality of life. I cry every day. I pray to God almost every day about it. I try to have faith but I wonder if God doesn't hear me or prefers me to be sick as some trial. My life has faded away and my spirit is crushed. I doubt that God exists. I feel like I have never really heard God. I am very confused, always uncomfortable with physical symptoms and of course have a lot of anxiety and depression. I wake up and cry at the thought of another day. I rest after I take a shower because everything feels like so much effort. I can barely get through a day and gave up all my dreams.

I don't want to live anymore with illness, with feeling like I am dying. Doctors think I have multiple autoimmune diseases (some tests are positive) and chronic fatigue syndrome among other things.

Can someone please pray for me as my prayers don't seem to accomplish anything. Also could you please pray that my fiance and I will come to know and believe in God properly and feel like "actual" Christians. Please pray that we will know God and be saved because although I pray every day, I have faith but not belief and I struggle with feeling rejected by Christianity and from being saved due to that. My parents never believed in God. None of my family. Please pray for them too if you can.

I'm sorry I have a lot of requests, but I can't do this anymore. I have lost all of my hope and feel like a dead woman walking. I feel like I'm not in reality, just in a blur of illness. My only experience with Christianity directly is my ex husband who used to hit me and didn't work for many years. He used bible verses against me. I'm now engaged to a good man. He is not Christian but he wants to be. He wants to believe in God. I do too. I identify as Christian but don't feel I believe enough and don't know how.

My mental and physical health are so low. I am addicted to alcohol but my health got no better when I quit. My sins are addiction, gluttony, fornication as I'm not yet married to my fiance (weddings are banned due to covid), sloth as I am too tired to live life properly, not doing my job to my 100% ability, envy of other people's health, anger, bitterness and resentment.. and being self absorbed. I want to let go of the past and the trauma, be healed of the illness and be able to live again to kniw my purpose.

Thank you very much and I pray for peace and purpose for everybody.

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, bless her with Your peace and with healing from all the things she suffers with. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them ALL" Psalm 34:19 . Thank You LORD, that it's not just some but ALL. Draw her close to You and help her to feel Your Presence close to her. Enlighten her spirit and help her to stay focused on You and Your Word, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟163,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks.

(The Lord Jesus will meet you, and fiance where your at. Maybe read the Gospel of John together and know him better.)

Lord, we pray for beginning. She's been through a lot in life and still is suffering. We pray for change. That she'd know how much you love her and help her and fiance get to know you better, through your word and prayer. For physical healing also, so she can live a more normal life. That she'd experience you in a new and deeper way. Open her spiritual heart to your perfect truth and heal her body. In Jesus name, Amen.

[Jhn 3:16 NIV] 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

[Jhn 6:35 NIV] 35 Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

[Jhn 7:38 NIV] 38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."

[Jhn 12:44 NIV] 44 Then Jesus cried out, "Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In these situations of debilitating pain I have found that humbly Glorifying God as Creator, Deliverer and Restorer of All Things is the approach to prayer. The Psalms are great for this and “praying the Bible” as you pray is a good method. This way you are not trying find words when you are most at pain.

This takes away the focus on us and gives Glory to God.

If we measure our prayers according to what we think God should be doing for us, and base His existence on how much of our prayers He should answer, then we should examine who the created are vs the Creator of all things.

Not a hit on you as we all find ourselves in some doubt when we are in daily and long term pain and suffering. Speaking from experience.

It is dwelling on what God has given us in, through, and with His Son Jesus Christ which gives us the confidence that God has already healed us. Jesus promised eternal life. Confidence and certainty in this is what He wants to give us. The death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is our sure Hope.

I will pray for you dear sister in Christ. Please also keep me in your prayers.

God Bless!

Jeremiah 9: NKJV

23Thus says the Lord:

“Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom,
Let not the mighty man glory in his might,
Nor let the rich man glory in his riches;
24But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, [j]judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I have been struggling with illness for many years. It has been permanent (not easing and there every minute of the day) for at least 2 years. I am always completely exhausted and dizzy. I have regular nausea, sweating and overheating. I am usually always in pain - my neck, head, back, jaw etc. I feel too unwell to work and I have poor quality of life. I cry every day. I pray to God almost every day about it. I try to have faith but I wonder if God doesn't hear me or prefers me to be sick as some trial. My life has faded away and my spirit is crushed. I doubt that God exists. I feel like I have never really heard God. I am very confused, always uncomfortable with physical symptoms and of course have a lot of anxiety and depression. I wake up and cry at the thought of another day. I rest after I take a shower because everything feels like so much effort. I can barely get through a day and gave up all my dreams.

I don't want to live anymore with illness, with feeling like I am dying. Doctors think I have multiple autoimmune diseases (some tests are positive) and chronic fatigue syndrome among other things.

Can someone please pray for me as my prayers don't seem to accomplish anything. Also could you please pray that my fiance and I will come to know and believe in God properly and feel like "actual" Christians. Please pray that we will know God and be saved because although I pray every day, I have faith but not belief and I struggle with feeling rejected by Christianity and from being saved due to that. My parents never believed in God. None of my family. Please pray for them too if you can.

I'm sorry I have a lot of requests, but I can't do this anymore. I have lost all of my hope and feel like a dead woman walking. I feel like I'm not in reality, just in a blur of illness. My only experience with Christianity directly is my ex husband who used to hit me and didn't work for many years. He used bible verses against me. I'm now engaged to a good man. He is not Christian but he wants to be. He wants to believe in God. I do too. I identify as Christian but don't feel I believe enough and don't know how.

My mental and physical health are so low. I am addicted to alcohol but my health got no better when I quit. My sins are addiction, gluttony, fornication as I'm not yet married to my fiance (weddings are banned due to covid), sloth as I am too tired to live life properly, not doing my job to my 100% ability, envy of other people's health, anger, bitterness and resentment.. and being self absorbed. I want to let go of the past and the trauma, be healed of the illness and be able to live again to kniw my purpose.

Welcome to this forum. May God bless your interaction here.
I am sorry to hear about your situation especially the chronic nature of it. In my experience, the worst thing about suffering isn't necessarily the physical pain or loss; it's the discouragement. And when it's chronic, despair can take such a hold that it shuts out any room for hope or joy.
Thankfully though, discouragement and despair aren't necessary components of suffering. This depends, in large measure, on our perspective of the suffering. The theme of suffering runs from the beginning of the Bible to the end. From the consequences of Adam and Eve's sin upon the Creation, to Jesus dying upon a cross for the Redemption of the Creation, to God's use of suffering for His own glory and for the good of His children.
Hebrews 12:7-11
God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

God has a purpose to train His children in righteousness and prepare them for glory. There is a direct correlation between present suffering and eternal glory.

2 Corinthians 4:16:18
Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Immerse yourself in the Word of God. Join a body of Christ that you can serve and pray for. Take your eyes off of your present misery and fix your gaze upon Jesus Who is currently preparing a place for those who love Him and long for His appearing.
Here is a hymn that has often been an encouragement to me:

1. Whate'’er my God ordains is right,
Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate’er He does,
And follow where He guideth.
He is my God,
Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall
Wherefore to Him I leave it all

2. Whate’'er my God ordains is right,
He never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path,
I know He will not leave me
I take, content,
What He hath sent
His hand can turn my griefs away
And patiently I wait His day

3. Whate’'er my God ordains is right,
Though now this cup in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart,
I take it all unshrinking
My God is true,
Each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart
And pain and sorrow shall depart

4. Whate'’er my God ordains is right,
Here shall my stand be taken
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine,
Yet I am not forsaken
My Father’s care
Is round me there
He holds me that I shall not fall
And so to Him I leave it all

--Samuel Rodigast

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @beginning, my heart breaks for you :( (for all that you have been/are going through emotionally and physically right now), and I am praying for you.

I've had a few bouts with chronic pain over the last three years, and my 22 yr old son came down with Lyme Disease about 6.5 years ago, so I get what you are going through (at least to a small degree anyway). His wonderful life has all but faded away too, and his spirit, because of losing so much, has been crushed, just like yours. Even your symptoms are similar to his (though he gets mad instead of crying, which is typical of men who have Lyme Disease, vs women, who tend to cry). BTW, I'm not saying that you have Lyme Disease as it is very difficult to diagnose.

He also struggles with the idea of God now as he lives in pain and his life is such a frustration to him, so you are not alone in that either. In fact, being mad at God when you've been in pain for as long as you have been is often a typical response (even for Christians) and I believe that God truly understands.

I have one question (if you don't mind), why do you feel "rejected by Christianity"?

Finally, I am sad to hear about the very poor example that your ex-husband set for you where Christianity is concerned, but also very glad to know that even in spite of his HORRIBLE example, the Lord is still working in you to bring you to Him :amen:

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - Jesus came here to save sinners, not the righteous (well, those who believe that they are anyway ;)) .. e.g. Mark 2:17; Luke 19:10; Romans 4:5; 1 Timothy 1:15, and He will save you too (or restore you to full fellowship with Him if you already are a Christian) if you want Him to (if you are tired of sinning).

Just confess all of your sins to Him directly (those you can remember) and ask Him to forgive you of all of them and save you from them and He will, just like He promised us that He would .. e.g. 1 John 1:9. Then, trusting that He has forgiven and saved you (because of what Jesus did for you, both in His life and by His death), give/surrender the reins of your life to Him, knowing that He loves you .. see Isaiah 41:10, 43:2; Jeremiah 29:11, 31:3; Romans 5:8-10, and that He always knows and wants the very best for you as His adopted child .. cf Isaiah 46:9-10; Ephesians 1:4-6. Then ask Him to fill you with the Holy Spirit .. e.g. Ezekiel 36:26-27; Acts 1:5, 13:52; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13, 16, and trust Him to sanctify you (make you more and more Christlike) and see you safely though this life to be with Him in Glory .. e.g. John 10:27-28; Philippians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24.

Romans 10
9 If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes the burdens folk carry feel like they are beyond prayer, but Jesus died a hideous death on the Cross for that reason - He alone can personally draw near and lift the burden. This is our prayer - come Lord Jesus, shine light on this life and dispel the darkness - grant a fresh confrontation with your Love - do what only you can do. Bring Hope and healing in Jesus Name.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hello sister,
The Lord Jesus Christ is a compassionate friend that gave His life for you. When you are suffering in this condition, you must know that He is suffering with you. Also, He endures your pains. The Lord bears daily with you in your afflictions and sufferings.
He has been knocking on the door of your heart. Sadly, you left him outside and cold.
Draw near to the Lord then He will draw near to you and you will know His presence if you seek Him wholeheartedly.

All the pains, the Lord on his back. All his bruises on the head. All the burdens. All the blood poured on His side. Yes, all these bruises and wounds that the Lord suffers for you and to heal you. If you only let him ! Repent !

Stop the fornication ! Stop hatred, anger and bitterness! Stop that alcohol ! Stop the accusations! Stop carnal appetite ! Stop
sinning !

It grieves the Lord. How much the Lord wants to heal you so much but your sinning prevent Him ! He cannot hear your prayers because of your sins.

Are not your pains, afflictions, and sufferings enough to humble you to stop sinning anymore?

You know the Lord is not a hireling but a good shepherd who is willing to give his life that you may have life abundantly. A shepherd has a staff and a rod to take care his sheep.
I know first hand what is like to be beaten with the Shepherd’s Rod ! Sister, I don’t want you to suffer anymore. Just yield to the Lord.
Repent with true contrition. Even, when you are broken-hearted, the Lord’s mercy can heal you, bind you, revive you, raise you that you may live before Him.

Yield to the Lord by praying:

Lord Jesus Christ,
I have sinned against You and others.
Forgive me for all my unrighteousness.
Now, I release forgiveness those who wrong me, hurt me, offend me, upset me, disappoint me, mistreat me, reject me, and abandon me and resent me.
Grant me Your strength to repent.
Grant me Your strength to seek You wholeheartedly.
Grant me Your strength to call out Your name and be saved.
Revive me in keeping with the spirit of Your word.
Renew my strength in keeping with the promises in the Spirit.
I choose to trust You.
Jesus, take away all my weaknesses, failings, inabilities.
Jesus, take away all my diseases.
By Your wounds let me be healed.
Amen

When you are weak, burdened, discouraged, in despair, pray again and again.

when nobody understand you or can help, or nobody around, pray again and again.

When disturbing thoughts and feelings come to you, even at night or many times in a day, pray again and again.

Don’t worry about your fiancée or your parents ! They will eventually see how you stand in faith amidst of these troubles! They will eventually see how the Lord make you strong in this trials !

Just let the Lord instruct you sinner in the way to live !
Just let the Lord leads you the humble to do what is right !
Just let the Lord teach you the humble to live in His ways !

Eventually, you will see the power of His love that rescue you out of all your fears and troubles !

GBU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Well I pray for a lot of things for you...

1) That you will find the Peace of God and his strength

2) That your situation of suffering will ultimately be a blessing for you, because it will point out weaknesses that you have that you can work on, and this will ultimately give you much more strength of character.

3) I pray that God will provide for you for your needs. I pray that he will work a might work of healing in your life of both body and soul.

Have you tried fasting and prayer? Sometimes that can work wonders. If you haven't tried it I would recommend you give it a go, especially if you are locked up with Covid. Don't eat for most of the day only drink water, spend your time praying and reading the Bible. And see if you get any kind of special insight where God maybe "talks to you" via some scripture, personal insight etc.

Upvote 0