Need prayer

Eishiba

Dec 15, 2011
✟15,450.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
So my 4 year old son and his mom and her other kids are moving out of state. They are going to be like 3 hours away. I have been paying child support by choice. We never went to court or anything when we broke up so I am not forced to do anything. I just believe in taking responsibility for my actions. I felt lucky to be allowed to have him each weekend. Now things are going to be very different. He is my life. I've told God that I don't think I can live without him. I also suffer from abandonment issues. Nearly every important person in my life leaves. I guess that's just part of life but it's hard. I just don't know what to do. This is where I doubt because God knows how I feel about my son and yet he allowed this to happen. If it is his will that my son goes away then I guess that's what I'll do but I'm incapable of doing that with a smile on my face. Please pray for me.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So my 4 year old son and his mom and her other kids are moving out of state. They are going to be like 3 hours away. I have been paying child support by choice. We never went to court or anything when we broke up so I am not forced to do anything. I just believe in taking responsibility for my actions. I felt lucky to be allowed to have him each weekend. Now things are going to be very different. He is my life. I've told God that I don't think I can live without him. I also suffer from abandonment issues. Nearly every important person in my life leaves. I guess that's just part of life but it's hard. I just don't know what to do. This is where I doubt because God knows how I feel about my son and yet he allowed this to happen. If it is his will that my son goes away then I guess that's what I'll do but I'm incapable of doing that with a smile on my face. Please pray for me.
My ex decided to disappear about a year after the separation. I only found out because I happened to be passing the house - I'd moved to the same street. I believe that triggered her to go. I was devastated. My son is a real softie and I was greatly concerned for his emotional well being. He was 6 and my daughter 8 at the time.

I complained to God, heartbroken. He said to me, "My Son died for you". Ouch. Yes, well, I'll just shut up now, said I.

I became suicidally depressed. God intervened to stop me being so foolish. I had good Christian friends who were a great help through this dark time. I realised that my kids were idols. That's not good. I received a word from the Lord to help me, psalm 68:5. I had to commit my children to His care.

15 years later, by a miracle, I found out where my ex lived. It was about 15 minutes away. She has since moved again much further away. I'll have to change my deodorant. My son lived with her and my daughter was married. My children have their own lives but my son is closer both geographically and as my kid. God has blessed them both. When I met my son, he was working part time cleaning out pickle barrels. We prayed for him. He works in admin for an Apple store now.

Don't lose hope. God wants the best for us. Sometimes the journey to that place is extremely hard. At least we have the help of God on our journey. It's a great time to cast your care on Him who cares so much for you. He will work it out for your best.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,628.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are no short cuts to true spirituality and He does the deepest work through relationship issues. Been there - will pray for you.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Joining in prayer for you, may the Lord bless you richly as you seek some part of your children's life.
Can you be friends with their mother? It would possibly help.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joining in prayer for you, may the Lord bless you richly as you seek some part of your children's life.
Can you be friends with their mother? It would possibly help.

I totally agree, better friends than enemies!

Heavenly Father, may You open up the lines of communication between the parents, so the (child) children will have and know the love of both parents. I pray that You will give him the courage to talk with her, but not interfere with her plans, but become good friends so both parents can communicate freely about the best interests of the children, In Jesus Name, Amen

• Friendly
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0