• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Need Prayer-Just Had Surgery

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am an alcoholic in recovery. I am asking for prayer from people in recovery. I had a problem with Percocet, which was legitimately prescribed for herniated discs. So, I found a Suboxone psychiatrist, covered by my insurance, and have been on that for six weeks. He told me I can take Ultram, while on Suboxone. I am extremely tempted to go off it, and ask the surgeon for Percocet again, because of the pain. The Ultram is barely taking the edge off it. Please pray for me to be strong and not give into the temptation to go back on a drug I know I already have a problem with.

Thanks,
Trish

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you need Percocet then call the psychiatrist and ask them if you can ask for it.

My surgery was in October, and the psychiatrist told me flat out I could not go back on any opiates while on the Suboxone.

Upvote 0

RobCrandall

Dec 20, 2011
✟7,727.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trish, I am praying for you. I am praying for your pain to lessen. Every prayer counts. I am just one person, but I prayed for you, and I talk to Jesus. You keep praying too. He hears you. It is hard to be patient I know, especially with pain. If there is one thing that Jesus understands, it is pain. He went through the worst. I had a kidney stone once, and had to talk to Jesus about it when I wasn't really a strong Christian. He helped anyway. Talk to Him when you are feeling tempted to take that drug. It's just like you did with alcohol...it's just a temptation. You know that even when it seems like you can't do it, He gives you a way out of temptation. That's in the Bible. Great job with the alcohol!!! WOW! I'm proud of you. I've been free for 10 years now from alcohol, and it only gets easier, believe me. Stay strong. :prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0