✟18,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Hi All,
I fell so distraught over my wife of 32 years. My wife is a Christian, but has no desire to follow the Lords desire for our marriage. It breaks my heart still to tell the story. I found out she was having a affair 11/25/18. I told her I love her and can forgive her but she needs to end the relationship. Unfortunately a few weeks later she moved out and told me she wants a divorce. Now here I am desperately seeking prayer. I am so concerned for her spiritually, she is in a very dark place spiritually. She is attending church, but has no desire to trust God and return to our marriage. She is depressed and says she loves me, but isn't in love with me. I feel she may file for divorce soon. Please pray God moves in her heart.

Thank You
Bill

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks, God is so good I am completely confident in His hand over me. I have such a burden for my wife. She is living so recklessly, taking Gods grace for granite as she pursues a sinful life.

Well you want to forgive her. That takes some strong character. Welcome to the forums here at CF BTW.

Upvote 0

Bill1963

Mar 23, 2019
Campbell
✟18,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Well you want to forgive her. That takes some strong character. Welcome to the forums here at CF BTW.
I was a very sinful man before coming to know Jesus 23 years ago. I understand if God has forgiven me at a the cost of His Sons life I certainly can forgive her. I am not sure if I would ever really trust her though. I would love to have the opportunity to find out. That is if she was willing to do the work of showing me she is worthy of trust.

Upvote 0

Bill1963

Mar 23, 2019
Campbell
✟18,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Thank you everyone for the prayers,. Yesterday afternoon my wife came by. She had met with a attorney before coming over but didn't say anything about it . I texted her Romans 8:5-11 before going to church and she said she read it. She cried, and I let her know that the door is open for her to return . I told her I love her more than I ever believed possible. I know know now her tears were probably from the guilt over pursuing a divorce. Please continue praying for Celeste. I feel the spitual battle is intense now, and it is a time God may soften her heart.
God Bless you all
Bill

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Praying for Celeste and you as well Bill. Bless your heart, I have been there friend and it hurts for sure.
Please know that God loves you very much and He is work in this thing as we all pray together for the intervention of the Holy Spirit.
May her eyes be opened and her heart as well to receive God's word.
May you be filled with peace, joy and strength.

Upvote 0

Bill1963

Mar 23, 2019
Campbell
✟18,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Praying for Celeste and you as well Bill. Bless your heart, I have been there friend and it hurts for sure.
Please know that God loves you very much and He is work in this thing as we all pray together for the intervention of the Holy Spirit.
May her eyes be opened and her heart as well to receive God's word.
May you be filled with peace, joy and strength.
Thanks Scotty,
I have no doubt that whatever happens God is bringing me into a closer and more dependent relationship with Him. I pray through this suffering God will receive glory and honor. I would love to see our marriage be a testimony to his reconciling power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you and Celeste. That’s more than any word of advice or comfort I can give you. There is a purpose in everything and obedience to God’s Word is the most important thing each of us can do. I pray that things will eventually turn for the better. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Bill1963

Mar 23, 2019
Campbell
✟18,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
My wife sent me a text yesterday saying she has officially hit rock bottom. She said she is crying out to Jesus, and she is so low she doesn't know if she can ever dig out.
I have been praying for her to be so broken she would cry out to God for strength to turn from her sin.
I take this as a answer to prayer, and hope she will learn to rely on the Lord.

Upvote 0