Need prayer and an opinion

Eishiba

Dec 15, 2011
✟15,450.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would like prayer to make a decision. In James it says if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God to who gives to all willingly and without reproach and it will be given to him.

Here is the story. My girlfriend(yes i know its sinful) was arrested last night because she lived in a city in an apartment complex and couldn't afford to live there anymore and was kicked out so they put a warrant out for her arrest. This was before I was with her. She called me last night and wanted me to call her attorney. So I called him this morning and he said he could get her out but it would cost 500 dollars. From the sound of things, this would be the first fee of several more. I told him I would have to wait until tomorrow because that is when I get paid. The problem is she calls in alot. She works third shift and calls I'm because she is either tired or has and headache or something. She also has three children of her own and doesn't recieve child support because she thought she could live on her own without it but clearly this is wrong. Our finances are in the gutter because of this. Our van needs a new compressor but we can't afford it. I also couldn't afford to pay for a new plate on my car. It drives me insane. Our job doesn't offer over time right now. Tomorrow I get paid. If I end up with 500 in my check I get pay to get her out because her bond is at 500 dollars. She worked two days last week but i got a full days. Tomorrow is the last day to pay on my car which i really need to get to work. We also have a son who is 2 who must eat also.

I'm am open to suggestions. Perhaps God has given someone an answer.

Last edited:

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just a question, if you are financially strained, why are you paying a lawyer rather than getting a public defender? I understand her bond is $500.00 but an additional $500 for a lawyer to get her out plus future costs? I guess I am not connecting the dots here. Can you borrow the money from a family member for the bond? You need your car and you need to support the family. On the other hand, you don't want her to loose her job over this mistake from the past. Maybe ask the repair shop to extend credit to you. Since there is no time left, pay the bond and then pray the Lord lead you to those who can help you through this difficult time.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like prayer to make a decision. In James it says if any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God to who gives to all willingly and without reproach and it will be given to him.

Here is the story. My girlfriend(yes i know its sinful) was arrested last night because she lived in a city in an apartment complex and couldn't afford to live there anymore and was kicked out so they put a warrant out for her arrest. This was before I was with her. She called me last night and wanted me to call her attorney. So I called him this morning and he said he could get her out but it would cost 500 dollars. From the sound of things, this would be the first fee of several more. I told him I would have to wait until tomorrow because that is when I get paid. The problem is she calls in alot. She works third shift and calls I'm because she is either tired or has and headache or something. She also has three children of her own and doesn't recieve child support because she thought she could live on her own without it but clearly this is wrong. Our finances are in the gutter because of this. Our van needs a new compressor but we can't afford it. I also couldn't afford to pay for a new plate on my car. It drives me insane. Our job doesn't offer over time right now. Tomorrow I get paid. If I end up with 500 in my check I get pay to get her out because her bond is at 500 dollars. She worked two days last week but i got a full days. Tomorrow is the last day to pay on my car which i really need to get to work. We also have a son who is 2 who must eat also.

I worked for a property manager and assisted with evictions. We put their belongings by the curb and changed the locks. Their neighbors looted the belongings placed by the curb. I never saw someone arrested for not paying rent. At least there is food in jail. You may need to seek family or local charity help.

• Agree
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I get the idea that there is something that your girlfriend is not telling you. I don't know what that is, it's just the impression I get from your story.

If I were you I would go to the police department where she was booked and ask for a copy of the police report.

I certainly don't mean to stir up strife for you or your girlfriend, I just think it's best for you to have all the facts before making your decision.

Upvote 0