Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Attention all cooks! I have a bunch of random things in my pantry and am hoping to clear the way a bit. Please let me know what you think of this recipe for Apricot-Chipotle Chicken Enchiladas. In particular, I'm not sure if the flavors of the tomato/peppers and enchilada sauce will blend with the chipotle/apricot flavor.

Apricot Preserves
Canned chipotle peppers, diced, with sauce
Green onion, diced
3 Tb water
Salt and Pepper
Can of diced tomato and green peppers
10-15 chicken tenderloin pieces (frozen bag from Trader Joes, they're supposed to be for fried chicken strips, so they're small)
20 tortillas
TJ's Enchilada sauce (red sauce)
Chedder and Pepper jack cheese

Cook preserves, chipotle and sauce, and water on medium heat until smooth; add green onion and tomato/pepper mix. Allow to cool.
Salt and pepper the chicken and put in ziplock bag or other container along with the sauce/marinade. Sit for a few hours.

Bake chicken at 375 until done, allow to cool.

In a baking pan, pour some enchilda sauce to lightly coat. Roll chicken into tortillas to fill the pan in a single layer. Once the pan is full, add the rest of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle liberally with cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Isn't chipotle peppers "hot"?

Well, anyway, apricots are "sweet" and I've seen the "sweet/hot" combination used in a number of recipes.
They have a good heat to them, but not nearly as bad as habenero. I've had dips and appetizers with the combo before, but I'm not sure about the addition of the tomatoes or the enchilda sauce. I'm hoping someone could affirm or deny the goodness of them before I try the recipe --I'm going to eat this for a week and I don't want it to taste bad.

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
down South when we need to clear out space or have bits of this and that leftover;
we throw it in a pyrex dish cover it w/breadcrumbs & top it w/French's Onions & call
it a casserole-if it needs flavor add cream of something soup :)

Upvote 0