Need opinions from Arkansas and Mass. citizens concerning candidates for president

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just doing some more research concerning presidential candidates.

Questions about Huckabee:

1) Did he give insurance to illegal aliens?
2) Did he clean house when he took over after Clinton left in Arkansas or just keep Clinton's people in? I want a real republician not a "decoy" or a "distraction".

Romney question:

When he was in Mass. was his views liberal or conservative? Was he a typical republician or just a shape shifter - to stay in office?

I would love various opinions here.

:thumbsup:

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Romney waffled on issues like abortion and since we now have the first Dem governor after 16 straight years of Republicans, dont buy that media hype we are a rad-lib Commonwealth. Romney was also out of State for over 250 days during his 4 year term. He used MA to build for his Prez run-the guy is so self absorbed he makes Clinton look like Mother Theresa with an extra helping of Humility. He also had illegals working at his house doing painting and landscaping. He's an opportunistic weasel imao.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For empirical evidence on his accountability and administrative skills, check out how he handled Bechtel after one of our Big Dig tunnels killed a woman in July 06. She was killed because Bechtel used cheaper-than-contract materials and cut corners to make some extra money. So if romney cant keep illegals out of his own house nor protect citizens from from thieving contractors...well...do your own national extrapolations. :)

Upvote 0

NPH

Jul 25, 2005
✟6,871.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

2) Did he clean house when he took over after Clinton left in Arkansas or just keep Clinton's people in? I want a real republician not a "decoy" or a "distraction".

1) No clue.
2) He didn't become governor after Clinton, he succeeded Jim Guy Tucker.

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, so far I have learned how scary Romney was.

not was, is...

he's among the least principled politicians running for President. If Clinton gets the nomination, the GOP won't even be able to accuse her of waffling or being a triangulator if Romney is their nominee

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Romney question:

When he was in Mass. was his views liberal or conservative? Was he a typical republician or just a shape shifter - to stay in office?

I would love various opinions here.

:thumbsup:
He was pretty liberal as republicans go. The biggest issue was his role in the Big Dig fiasco. If he's elected, don't expect a fiscal conservative.

Upvote 0

vatuck

This town needs an enema!
Jul 3, 2004
✟10,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He was pretty liberal as republicans go. The biggest issue was his role in the Big Dig fiasco. If he's elected, don't expect a fiscal conservative.

Listening to the candidates lately, I am starting to believe "fiscal conservatives" are a dying breed. :( :sigh:

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
With America's global roles moving ever more towards a universal economic system, it would be hard for any prez to be a fiscal conservative without collapsing our economy faster than nick nolte can find another bottle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Electronicmaji

Oct 11, 2006
✟15,162.00
Faith
Other Religion
In my experience Huckabee has been the worst governor Arkansas has ever had. He knows nothing about education as much as he wants to. His ideas about it might seem good but the way he implements them is completely out of wack. He thought "No Child Left Behind" was a good thing.

Hes partly responsible for the state wide smoking ban. He also had nothing to do with drops in taxes as much as hed love to take credit for it.

His understanding of the obesity epedemic is nonexistant and his policies to try to combat it; especially in schools; are some of the dumbest and stupidest policies ever placed in the history of education in the united states.

He beleives in policing americans. Not a very good thing there.

Upvote 0