✟8,895.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear fellow believers in the LORD Jesus Christ our Savior

I am a Christian minister and Church planter. I had to flee from my native country with my family because of much persecution and become refugee in Europe. English is second language for me.

I am seeking Online help with American English and Christian Writing.

We can discuss more.

Thanks and blessings

S K

Reactions: rebornfree

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Learner SK77; welcome to GE. :wave:

I'm sorry that you had to flee from your native country and hope that you, and your family, are now settled in the Netherlands. Your written English seems very good. You say that you want help with American English. It is almost the same as British English except that some words do not have a 'u' in them such as 'color' (American) and 'colour' (British). Have you googled to see what is available online? :)

• Friendly
Reactions: LearnerSK77
Upvote 0

LearnerSK77

Oct 20, 2020
Maastricht
✟8,895.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Learner SK77; welcome to GE. :wave:

I'm sorry that you had to flee from your native country and hope that you, and your family, are now settled in the Netherlands. Your written English seems very good. You say that you want help with American English. It is almost the same as British English except that some words do not have a 'u' in them such as 'color' (American) and 'colour' (British). Have you googled to see what is available online? :)

Greetings my friend

I greatly appreciate your kind words concerning the situation of my family. I can communicate in English and just need guidance in writing articles on the topics from the Holy Bible. As far as American English, I am used to of American accent and spellings. Nothing wrong with the British English.

Thanks for your encouragement and responding to my post.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,624.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Greetings my friend

I greatly appreciate your kind words concerning the situation of my family. I can communicate in English and just need guidance in writing articles on the topics from the Holy Bible. As far as American English, I am used to of American accent and spellings. Nothing wrong with the British English.

Thanks for your encouragement and responding to my post.
You are very welcome. I don't think it matters very much whether you use British or American English as most people know the slight differences. As you are used to American that seems like the best option.

I'm not sure how you can get guidance in writing Biblical articles; I can only suggest using a search engine. My only other thought is whether you could write in your native language and see if there is a tool on the internet which could translate it. Or are you concerned about cultural differences and styles of writing in the different languages? (Such as how articles are set out, what would be deemed offensive/not offensive in the English speaking world, etc.?)

• Friendly
Reactions: LearnerSK77
Upvote 0