✟15,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I'm very happy to have found this place. I'm a new Christian writer and I have an idea for a faith based film. It's in the very early stages so I'm just trying to flesh out a few ideas. I was hoping some of you wouldn't mind helping me out.

I'm looking for inspiring stories about a group of Christians who came together to start a church. They faced many obstacles and when all hope seemed lost, God moved in their favor and made it happen. Do you know of any such stories? If so, what were the obstacles they faced, and what was the miracle God performed to help make their dream a reality? I want the audience to come away feeling the supernatural power of God who moved in these characters lives. I love hearing stories of signs from God and wonders so I'm opened to reading anything you may have to offer.

Thank you in advance! :)

Danieldemol

Aug 21, 2020
Sydney
✟8,808.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I'm very happy to have found this place. I'm a new Christian writer and I have an idea for a faith based film. It's in the very early stages so I'm just trying to flesh out a few ideas. I was hoping some of you wouldn't mind helping me out.

I'm looking for inspiring stories about a group of Christians who came together to start a church. They faced many obstacles and when all hope seemed lost, God moved in their favor and made it happen. Do you know of any such stories? If so, what were the obstacles they faced, and what was the miracle God performed to help make their dream a reality? I want the audience to come away feeling the supernatural power of God who moved in these characters lives. I love hearing stories of signs from God and wonders so I'm opened to reading anything you may have to offer.

I don't know of any authentic supernatural stories, but welcome to CF :)

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hello,

Hello and welcome to CF!

I agree with @Lost4words , I can't think of any movie that covers Acts.

Or maybe it can be about unreached people groups that may still be out there right now.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

Waldenses, also spelled Valdenses, also called Waldensians

https://www.waldensiantrailoffaith.org/waldensian-timeline

The History of the Waldensians: An 800-Year-Old Evangelical Movement

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Welcome to these forums! May we all pray that you receive & create good experiences here.:pray:

I have heard that the most fruitful time in the Church was in the first few centuries, when persecution was severe & broad evangelization was particularly dangerous. Despite the Roman Empire's oppression, the faith spread for a very simple reason. It wasn't from good apologetics, it wasn't because the Christians looked any different; it was because of how they loved. Nobody else put so much care into other people as the Christians did, and that made Christ so present that the Church has never seen such incredible growth since.

Fact-check me on all this; I think you'll like what you find!:)

More to the point of a fictional story (though writing historical fiction in this time period may work well), I am partial to science fiction, and I have considered writing a story on Mars or the Moon. Picture the first colonies in space, decently developed civilizations, where it's not just astronauts that go to these colonies. It's now being populated by businesspeople, doctors, teachers, and...missionaries!

You may like stories of the Jesuit missionaries in the New World. Have you seen the movie The Mission? It's loosely based on a particular Jesuit, and it's an award-winning movie of the struggles, joys, and people involved in bring the Church into a new area. It's one of my favorites, though parts of it are intense (as if real Church history isn't?).

In any case, we will certainly pray for; may God bless your journey, your project, and all who will have the joy & the honor to be a part of it!:pray:

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to the CF. You'll probably be interested in checking Equipping the Saints section for ideas about your story. I hope you enjoy the fellowship and discussions.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Writergrl, welcome to CF. I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon.gif

0841b6c73fd01828d0143c7360e9af03.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums