Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hello all, so one of my biggest habitual, unrepentant sins has been fornication. I watched a guy online talk about practicing sin, and in it, he talked about if you are single, and have decided to never get married, yet cannot be celibate, you have planned out a life of sin. This explained my situation perfectly. So if he’s right, and i never change from that, doesnt this mean i cant be saved?? Have i already opted to not receive salvation??
I have to admit, i have a hard time with this because i cannot be celibate… i have tried and failed for the last couple of years. But i refuse to get married also. So whats a person to do in this situation??

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all, so one of my biggest habitual, unrepentant sins has been fornication. I watched a guy online talk about practicing sin, and in it, he talked about if you are single, and have decided to never get married, yet cannot be celibate, you have planned out a life of sin. This explained my situation perfectly. So if he’s right, and i never change from that, doesnt this mean i cant be saved?? Have i already opted to not receive salvation??
I have to admit, i have a hard time with this because i cannot be celibate… i have tried and failed for the last couple of years. But i refuse to get married also. So whats a person to do in this situation??

Paul had this problem. We always remain sinners till death.
The only difference is a few of us accept God's forgiveness for our failings.
If you are not in prayer, then you are sinning. We live submerged in sin over our eyeballs.

16 Rejoice at all times. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 Give thanks in every circumstance, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.…

Without forgiveness, we remain eternal losers.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.” 1 Corinthians 7:8–9 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
“I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.” 1 Corinthians 7:8–9 (KJV 1900)

unfortunately, this doesnt help much as i wont be getting married. So it looks to me, hell is my only option at this time. I cant seem to make my self understand how God could expect anyone to ever live alone AND celibate.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
unfortunately, this doesnt help much as i wont be getting married. So it looks to me, hell is my only option at this time. I cant seem to make my self understand how God could expect anyone to ever live alone AND celibate.
It happens.
“Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,” 1 Corinthians 6:9 (KJV 1900)

Reactions: Will Joseph
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have to admit, i have a hard time with this because i cannot be celibate… i have tried and failed for the last couple of years. But i refuse to get married also

You have been given a choice of two states and you have rejected both.

What do you want from us, aproval of your outright rebellion against God word.

If you cannot be celebate get married.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Celibacy prevents sexually transmitted disease such as HIV, HPV, hepatitis, syphillis, etc. Celibacy prevents paternity lawsuits, child support payments, and birth defects. Some who pursued a lifestyle of fornication wound up destitute like the prodigal (wasteful) son described in the Gospel of Luke.

Sex addiction is a problem that can not form a healthy relationship.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found this online:

1. Human Papillomavirus (HPV) HPV is one of the most common STDs in the U.S. There are more than 40 types of HPV, some of which can cause genital warts. ...
  2. Herpes. ...
  3. Syphilis. ...
  4. Hepatitis. ...
  5. Trichomoniasis. ...
  6. Gonorrhea. ...
  7. Chlamydia. ...
  8. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)
8 Common STDs | Pfizer

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
None of your decisions is final. Only God's are final. Your decisions always fit into God's.

So if you don't know God's decisions, make yours.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Currently fixed on point 'A'. To initiate the process of getting to point B (living in the Kingdom of God; righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit), requires the simple acknowledgment that modern man has slipped into: Incapable to proceed due to "their own desires" (2 Timothy 4:3).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

It sounds like if you have to ask this question then, do you really understand how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life.

• Optimistic
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
(living in the Kingdom of God; righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit), requires the simple acknowledgment that modern man has slipped into: Incapable to proceed due to "their own desires" (2 Timothy 4:3).
It sounds like if you have to ask this question then, do you really understand how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life.
Absolutely, Repent and believe on Him.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

i thought i did, repent and believe. But what im finding instead, is either im missing something or my repentance isnt repentance.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
i thought i did, repent and believe. But what im finding instead, is either im missing something or my repentance isnt repentance.

I ask that because it seems like you are hung up on a sin in your life. Causing you to question if you have believe in Jesus.

So i ask how can a sin or sins keep you from believing. Are you saying that because your are a sinner you therefore can not believe.

If that is your thinking, can you show that to be supported in The Bible, that sin can keep a person from believing in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Oh, no. I do believe, but my issue is because my biggest sin is actually keeping me from salvation. You cant practice or plan sin, and yet i have. 1john chapter 3 tells us that if you practice sin, you are not saved.

Read 1st John 3 did not see where it says if you sin you are not saved.

Upvote 0

Lifelong_sinner

Nov 24, 2019
Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Read 1st John 3 did not see where it says if you sin you are not saved.

no, thats not what this is about. If you practice sin, or plan it, a habitual sin, then you are not saved. This apparently is a concept most on this forum dont get. I have had a heck of a time with this. You cannot keep committing the same sin day after day, year after year and be saved.

Upvote 0