Sumter
✟8,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I feel God is calling me to be a part of a new micro/house church plant. What I need help with is what books or websites would be good to learn how to start house churches. Some tried and true info in what to do and what not to do, etc. thanks in advance.

Reactions: Serving Zion
Oct 16, 2017
Texas
✟8,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel God is calling me to be a part of a new micro/house church plant. What I need help with is what books or websites would be good to learn how to start house churches. Some tried and true info in what to do and what not to do, etc. thanks in advance.
Best book is the Bible. :)

Do you have at least one other born again, baptized believer to meet with? If not, you will either have to find one, or begin witnessing and make a disciple. A church must have a quorum or minimum number of people, which according to the Lord Jesus is "two or three gathered together" in His Name.

If you have that, then a house church is "started" by y'all agreeing to be a church, agreeing to meet and relate to one another as brethren in community with each other. Members are added as people are evangelized and discipled. Be wary of taking in people from existing churches, however, because there is often some baggage that comes along with them that will have to addressed kindly but firmly.

We've been house churching for about 6 years or so, and previously were part of another house church (before we moved across the state). What is your background? What role do you see yourself fulfilling in this endeavor?

As to good books to read, I've read many and recommend none, to be honest, except the Bible. It literally has all you need, on the subject of how to start and function as a house assembly.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our experiences and what we've learned.

Upvote 0