Need help

servant9901

Aug 17, 2012
✟685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It's just all so hard to believe. It seems like a fairy tale.

I was wondering about the bible how do we know someone didn't make it up.

I think the main problem sometimes is we as people,human beings try to put God on our level..because we cant do it hey He cant either..

we must remember, God is GOD..HE IS GOD and not only is He GOD ,HE IS GOD ALMIGHTY

And theres nothing to hard for Him to do..

He is our Creator

and He is the Creator of all things above and below

When we pick up His Holy Word we need to realize that this is a Holy Book, that God spoke to Holy men and they penned what God said

God's Word is Truth and will never be anything but Truth

even from the beginning in the Garden of Eden when satan tempted Eve to eat of the of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and she replies God said in the day that I eat I will surely die,meaning spiritual death, and what does that old devil do, He flat our calls God a liar..

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

you see if satan can get mankind to DOUBT what God says,hey he's got ya..meaning he has pulled the wool over your eyes, he has accomplished what he set out to do ,deceive.

what is it so imporant that we believe the Word of our God?/ why? why should satan care?

if we cant believe God we will not obey Him and be saved

hence another soul perishes

we have a choice on this earth, we can choose to believe what God says or the lies satan puts into our heads..

God is Truth,His Holy Word is Truth and this preacher is here to tell you there isnt a devil in hell or out that can make me believe otherwise

The Prophet Isaiah said

I have set my face like a flint( stone) that I will not be ashamed in that day

Amen Isaiah so have I and so have many of God's children

They are determined , they have that mind set and heart set to believe God's Word and strive daily to obey it , to keep the faith until the very end..and thanks to God we can have the victory thru Jesus Christ our Lord..thank God..

as I said above we have a choice..who do you choose to believe God or satan? because who u choose to believe is who u are going to obey..

praying for you

In Christ' Service
Evangelist

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My problem is believing God can create matter and how God exists without being created. I just have such a hard time that I think it must be all faith I wasn't given.
Everyone is in the same dilemma, no matter what religion, agnostic or atheist: How can we explain our existence?

There is no way to get around the idea “Something does not come from nothing”. Those that have tried to explain around it, really just redefine “nothing” as being something.

The only real question then is does this “something” that has always existed and was never created have intelligence? If it is just matter/energy (randomly reacting) without intelligence then how could matter/energy ever produce intelligence (ordering)?

What science has shown so far is: “the more we know the more we realize we do not know”, so that means our “understanding” of our universes is ever increasingly complex. Something or someone made our universe and if it is someone he/she has to be more complex than our universe, so what could make that creator? If the making of this very complex universe is the result of random action, then there has to be lots of occurrences, to make it somewhat likely our universe would ever happen. With the complexity the universe we know about so far, you need virtually an infinite number of occurrences to produce one likely star producing universe. What mechanism would produce an infinite number of universes?

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My problem is believing God can create matter and how God exists without being created. I just have such a hard time that I think it must be all faith I wasn't given.

Even the purely scientific explanation for the beginning of the universe as we know it (The big Bang) states that when it began, there was only one element. That element was hydrogen. After a few thousand years its protons and electrons combined to produce helium. From these two elements the first stars formed.

it is believed that the first stars were exponentially more massive than even the largest of our present stars. Because of this they lasted only a few million years. but during that time their fusion furnaces manufactured the heavier elements. When the stars went supernova, or even hypernova, that explosion manufactured still more elements.

The solar system we now live in is the end-product of that manufacturing process. Numerous stars formed, lived their life cycles, and then exploded in order for us to have the elements that now exist. That's why it took 10 billion years from the beginning of the universe to the beginning of our solar system.

And what was God's position in this? Before even hydrogen existed, He did. That's why we describe him as outside creation. It's due to his creating hydrogen to get the process started.

Upvote 0

raven1

Jun 6, 2011
Richmond, Va.
✟2,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All of u have awesome answers. I just think like what if everything is all some mathmatical formula, chemistry, and physics combination. We know hardly anything about space really. We could have evolved from a reversed black hole or something. No one knows. I can't stop doubting and I am afraid if God is there I am going to hell because I can't make my brain just say ok God and Jesus is there. I think what if they aren't because of xyz.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
All of u have awesome answers. I just think like what if everything is all some mathmatical formula, chemistry, and physics combination. We know hardly anything about space really. We could have evolved from a reversed black hole or something. No one knows. I can't stop doubting and I am afraid if God is there I am going to hell because I can't make my brain just say ok God and Jesus is there. I think what if they aren't because of xyz.

God isn't up there with a giant fly swatter. God doesn't condemn someone because they don't have everything figured out. Especially since nobody has it all figured out.

Anyone who says they do have it all figured out, in fact, is probably the least trustworthy person around.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is a lot easier to believe in a Creator of some kind then it is to believe in matter and energy making everything, but you have to still believe either way.

God could have made Himself obviously known to even the greatest skeptic, but that would work against us and not help us. We are needing humility to accept God’s charity (Love), yet “knowledge” (even of the existence of God) does not help our humility in accepting help (Charity) from others, but encourages us to be even more self dependent on our own ability (knowledge). People with “knowledge” have to fight of being proud about it (this works against humility). God help scientist to keep from being prideful, because the more they do know the more they realize they do not know, but they do know more then you and I.

Believing in the existence of a creator is possible the easiest thing to have faith in (you have to really work at not believing, since the more you study it; the more evidence appears). God has also provided tons of reasons to believe in His existence (you need to have a benevolent Creator to relief you burden in your conscience from you past actions that have hurt others).

The lowliest mature adult on earth can believe in a benevolent Creator, so that is not anything you can take pride in doing; it is an act of humility. That humility is all you need to accept God’s charity and allow God to forgive you; “…he that is forgiven much will Love much…”. That Love is what you are after and if you do not feel a great Love for God and others it is because you have not allowed (trusted/faith) God to forgive you.

As a Christian (one that has humbly accepted God forgiveness), I no longer need to trust in God’s existence as a source of my humility, so God has provided assurance through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

You do not seem to have that assurance (know the Spirit is living in you), so either you have not humbly faithfully accepted God’s forgiveness (Charity/mercy/grace/Love) or you are quenching the Spirit?

I find allowing yourself to be water immersed baptized helps make the reality of what should be going on physically supported.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, I have a lot of sources on this subject. God is supernatural and not human so He can walk on water. Evolution is true but the question is where is your starting point if it concerns the origin of life topic. Athiests and agnostics scientists tend to believe that life just randomly occurred without any Creator and their naturalists. This is a darwin view. Scientists who are christians who believe in ID or creationism adhere to the bible. There are logical reasons why I believe this way. For example, a human cell is much more complicated than your car; to claim a human cell randomly occurred isn't possible.

Scientists alive today who accept the biblical account of creation
(these people have phD's)
Mathematics | Creation Facts
Science supports my faith.
‘It’s not science’
PhD’s who are against darwinism
Dissent from Darwin
Darwinism and indoctrination
http://www.rae.org/indoctrination.html
Design versus Darwinism
Intelligent Design

(religious people started the discoveries in science)
www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html

Upvote 0

servant9901

Aug 17, 2012
✟685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

You know when I was a small child I remember standing out in the yard and looking up in the sky and KNOWING God was there..I knew in my heart as a small child that God existed..hmmmmm how did I know that

God tells us in the book of Romans chapter 1

that He put the knowledge of Himself into all

and that He also put the knowledge into all that He was the Creator
and that man will stand without excuse on the day of Judgment
because they knew and refused to serve God as God..

18..For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, wh>> hold the truth <<
>>in unrighteousness;

19..Because >>that which may be known of God<<
>> is manifest in them; <<
>>for God hath shewed [it] unto them. <<

20..For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made,
>> [even] his eternal power and Godhead; <<
>>so that they are without excuse<<

21.Because that, >>when they knew God,<<
>> they glorified [him] not as God,<<
> neither were thankful;>
>> but became vain in their imaginations,
>>and their foolish heart was darkened.

22..Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23..And >>changed the glory<<
>> of the uncorruptible God <<
>into an image made like to corruptible man,
and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

You know we can sit here and say we dont believe in God and we dont believe God is the creator till the cows come home but when you say that what you are doing is calling God's Word a lie and Him a liar because He declared it in His Holy and Unfailing Word and put that knowledge in you..

I would rather warn you here and now rather , than you go on as you are and die in your sins without Christ Jesus

God's Holy Word is truth and we best be believing God and obeying Him because there is a judgment day and its soon approaching and we best decide what side of the fence we want to be on..

God tells us in John 3 why man chooses not to serve Him

because they loved darkness rather than light

its not about whether i have enough faith

God gave to every man the measure of faith

its what we do with that faith

we can place it in lies and deceptions or we can place it in a Just Holy Righteous God and believe what He says is truth because our God cannot lie

we can lie but God cannot

And Im not trying to be mean or hateful or any of the kind but to show u the seriousness of this matter..Heaven is forever
Hell is forever
and once a lost soul dies theres no going back and getting another chance to obey the Lord..It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the Living God and man today seems to have lost that fear or they didnt have it to begin with..

God bless

In His Service
Evangelist

Last edited:
Upvote 0

elman

elman
Dec 19, 2003
Texas
✟39,197.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes but you have to believe to be saved right?

You have to love other to have any hope of eternal life. I see nothing in Matt 25:31 and following about believing. I think the believing in the bible that connects us to God is not about mental acceptance of anything, but about obediance to the command of Jesus to love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums